+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
When i called 2 weeks ago. The agent told me they are doing my employment background check. How long will it take an officer to do background check for christ sake. Many people who submitted their application way after me has recieved their AIP.

cmunonye3

Star Member
Mar 13, 2021
When i called 2 weeks ago. The agent told me they are doing my employment background check. How long will it take an officer to do background check for christ sake. Many people who submitted their application way after me has recieved their AIP.
very frustrating. my application went into processing since March 18, 2021 , still no AIP after I have submitted almost 1,400 hours.
I called Refugee Board on Friday to find out if my Refugee Claim has been put on hold. They told me NO.
am very worried too.

someone ask me to request for my GCMS note to know what is going on with my application. I don't know if its a good idea

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Did you use work or intership/placement /volunteer as 120 hours?
I heard those who did not use work as 120 hours are getting scrutinized badly.

lekanhamdalat

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
Yeah... This person too used internship. And as for how long... I remember wen he called... They say it is under exployment checking as far back as April. Then this June... They contacted the place of employment may ending

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
NO, I worked . I submitted my application with 140 which falls between June and August 13th 2020.
Then i submitted another hours of 847 in March. I didn't use any placement hours

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Also, for those of you who have withdrawn your refugee claims pending PR through this pathway, kindly tell me how you did it. Did you send your AIP to the IRB and request for withdrawal? Must the refugee claim be withdrawn before you get COPR? Because if it's like that I want to know what to do.
It's better you wait for instruction from IRCC before you make any move to withdraw your refugee claim.
At the right time,IRCC will write you to withdraw it.
If you do it yourself without getting that instruction,you will fall out of status and you know what that means

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
It's better you wait for instruction from IRCC before you make any more to withdraw your refugee claim.
At the right time,IRCC will write you to withdraw it.
If you do it yourself without getting that instruction,you will fall out of status and you know what that means
Also, for those of you who have withdrawn your refugee claims pending PR through this pathway, kindly tell me how you did it. Did you send your AIP to the IRB and request for withdrawal? Must the refugee claim be withdrawn before you get COPR? Because if it's like that I want to know what to do.
I agree with Apovine. This is one thing in this whole process that you need to wait for the go ahead from the IRCC. Please don't withdraw your claim before they tell you to. On the other hand I have seen a couple of people who got COPR without getting any instruction from IRCC to withdraw their claim. I guess it was done automatically.