+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

rita456

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hello guys, I emailed Niagra falls asking for the status and where they are in processing our application. They said they are currently in the process of obtaining a passport exemption for me and my daughter because they are expired. Does anyone know what this means?

Reactions: Lolly smiles

Orahman

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hello guys, I emailed Niagra falls asking for the status and where they are in processing our application. They said they are currently in the process of obtaining a passport exemption for me and my daughter because they are expired. Does anyone know what this means?
Did you already receive your AIP

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
It means your COPR is close. A valid passport is one of the requirements to get PR and since as a refugee claimant your passport has expired and you can't get a new one with good reason, you will get an exemption. Its just a formality and it should not take too long, hopefully. Congrats in advance!

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
This is positive news..good news coming your way soon

Reactions: rita456

rita456

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
It means your COPR is close. A valid passport is one of the requirements to get PR and since as a refugee claimant your passport has expired and you can't get a new one with good reason, you will get an exemption. Its just a formality and it should not take too long, hopefully. Congrats in advance!
Oh, thank you so much. Thanks for also being optimistic

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
On my AIP, it says I should go ahead and withdraw my claim. I read it today. The only thing lacking for me is my medicals.
Hello, I don’t think you read that part well, it does not say go ahead, this is what it reads:

As a final condition, before we can grant you permanent residence, we will send you a letter inviting
you to:
o withdraw your pending refugee claim before the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of
the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB),

I stand to be corrected though if you have something other than that.

Kenirotlory

Star Member
Dec 21, 2020
You are not in my AIP. I wonder why you will be saying this. I have 2 conditions to fulfill before 30 days, medicals and withdrawal of claim.
Hello, I come in peace, that is why I said ‘ I stand to be corrected if you have something other than what I copied and pasted.
I am sorry if you find what I have said annoying .

Reactions: Tmon

Sam18

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
You are not in my AIP. I wonder why you will be saying this. I have 2 conditions to fulfill before 30 days, medicals and withdrawal of claim.
Bro if you got a different AIP than everyone in here and it says you should withdraw i guess you should go ahead and withdraw. Everyone in here is giving answers based on their experience and at the end of the day you do whats best for you.

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
Please exactly explain to me how my aip is different? Different people have different conditions to fulfill in their aips! Or maybe I'm mistaken. Trying to explain my situation in here is an issue or what? Y'all should understand that this pathway is flexible and has no particular way of functioning, don't assume things. Thanks for your help everyone.
Bro, u need to be calmimg down. Everyone here is just giving their opinions. Pls relax bro.

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
Please exactly explain to me how my aip is different? Different people have different conditions to fulfill in their aips! Or maybe I'm mistaken. Trying to explain my situation in here is an issue or what? Y'all should understand that this pathway is flexible and has no particular way of functioning, don't assume things. Thanks for your help everyone.
You are being too harsh....
We are all here to assist each other and no one wants anyone to fail.

Lolly smiles

Nov 17, 2020
Hello, I don’t think you read that part well, it does not say go ahead, this is what it reads:

As a final condition, before we can grant you permanent residence, we will send you a letter inviting
you to:
o withdraw your pending refugee claim before the Refugee Protection Division (RPD) of
the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB),

I stand to be corrected though if you have something other than that.
I read my AIP again now and this is what I have too.