+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pathway to permanent residency recognizes exceptional service of asylum claimants on front lines of COVID-19 pandemic

DiBrownieF

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Congrats. We‘ve also booked a medical appointment while waiting for the medical form. It seems this IRCC guys keeps files unattended until they are reminded.
The guy on the phone told me not to over wait for it. He said so long as the panel physician can use you UCI number and application number to transfer the medical records, there is no problem.

Reactions: lekanhamdalat

Khejjy

Mar 16, 2021
You people don't know what happened to me. I got my AIP since 1st of June oh! It was sent to my lawyer, oga didn't tell me anything. It is when I called IRCC today before they shared the news with me. They said I needed only medicals to be done before getting the COPR! Don't rely on your lawyers, follow your application man to man. Once they receive money, they don't mind about you, afterall they are citizens.
Timeline;
Application received by IRCC-16 Feb 2021
AOR-04 Mar 2021
In Process-26 Mar 2021
AIP-01 Jun 2021
Title of Job- Clinical Trial Liaison

Any job title in the health field can be eligible, depending on if you worked directly with patients during the pandemic. Your employer has to approve it.

I can't imagine I'm saying this, but I feel happy!
Congratulations, more wins.

Reactions: DiBrownieF

Faitico

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
-My friend applied in March 2020, I applied in April 2020.
-They started processing my application first, which means I was able to see my application online first. I think difference is around 20 days.
-My friend got Decision Made status in May, 2021
-I still did not get my Decision Made status.

When should I expect to get Decision Made status. Is there a queue logic like first applicant gets first? What happens after Decision Made status. My friend’s status only shows medical passed but in ircc account it shows still in process.
Is it 2020 or 2021 and what application are you talking about? This pathway to PR or another application?

Reactions: derin1010

Apovine

Dec 5, 2020
-My friend applied in March 2020, I applied in April 2020.
-They started processing my application first, which means I was able to see my application online first. I think difference is around 20 days.
-My friend got Decision Made status in May, 2021
-I still did not get my Decision Made status.

When should I expect to get Decision Made status. Is there a queue logic like first applicant gets first? What happens after Decision Made status. My friend’s status only shows medical passed but in ircc account it shows still in process.
Seem you and your friend did H & C and not Pathway.
I have no knowledge of your application.

Blac Kelly..

Sep 21, 2018
Sorry I should have posted this on refugee pr application timeline thread. I did not see that this is covid related applications.
Whatever u applied for ‘cos this doesn’t look like pathway. Any decision made b4 AIP (approval in principle ) is refusal.
How come ur friend’s account is showing decision made at the same time showing in process. Decision made before approval is refusal so don’t pray for decision made. After decision made u can appeal or involve ur lawyer

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Whatever u applied for ‘cos this doesn’t look like pathway. Any decision made b4 AIP (approval in principle ) is refusal.
How come ur friend’s account is showing decision made at the same time showing in process. Decision made before approval is refusal so don’t pray for decision made. After decision made u can appeal or involve ur lawyer
We have applied permanent residency under protected person category. Not any pathway program. He received approval letter that states his background check still ongoing. No refusal letter provided.

gntsomeonu

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
Other
His application is quite different from ours on this pathway. Your AIP is similar to his refugee hear positive results because both confirms your eligibility to whatever program we are on. IRCC does not issue AIP to applications under the Protected persons PR application because you’ve already been approved by the Refugee board. Both are first stage approval.

Meanwhile Decision Made is the final approval/rejection stage under IRCC PR applications. Positive Decision Made comes before PR is issued for all applications.

Foms

May 6, 2021
It depends on the officer handling your file, there's no specific period of time, but going by your timeline, your officer seems to be fast, so your medical form might be early
Thanks, I have still not gotten it though. Fingers crossed