+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

ankushtyagi

Jun 15, 2016
This is rather fast. My documents reached Ottawa on July 21 and yet to get any approval on the portal nor tracker activated. Call CIC yesterday and they said they would send email to the officers in charge.

Congrats. Are you an inland applicant?
I am an outland applicant applying from US. Keep calling them and dropping emails. I think that worked for me.

Reactions: doctortoye

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
Just got an Email from Ottawa:
---------------------------
Dear,
This is in regards to your recent inquiry at the call center.
Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.
We thank you for your patience.
@tomie0987
What happens next?

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got an Email from Ottawa:
Dear,
This is in regards to your recent inquiry at the call center.
Your passport has been received at our office and will be returned to you shortly.

Your documents will be returned using the provided Xpresspost envelope. If you have followed the instructions on the website and kept note of the tracking number, you should be able to follow its delivery on the Canada Post website.
We thank you for your patience.
@tomie0987
What happens next?
Hey..when did you make a call ?

This is the standard reply. I got the same reply 2 days ago for the email i sent 2 weeks ago.

tomie0987

Star Member
Oct 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I called on Aug 16th around 11 Eastern.
It would have been nice, if they have mentioned the date they would actually return. I believe your tracker will be activated today. Based on what i have read, they have returned the documents mostly on a Friday after 5pm Eastern.

They should really revise the word "shortly"

Reactions: adi.urban

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
It would have been nice, if they have mentioned the date they would actually return. I believe your tracker will be activated today. Based on what i have read, they have returned the documents mostly on a Friday after 5pm Eastern.

They should really revise the word "shortly"
Shortly=>Enough time that you will be frustrated and will be checking the forum 100 times and then followed by checking FedEx app 100 times, even though the FedEx app will alert you as soon as it has the package.

Eugenie2016

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just got off the phone with an extreme friendly and nice agent.

He told me my CORP and VISA printed yesterday on 8/17 (I don't see any update on my cic account though) and he was sending a message to Ottawa office to expedite the process so hopefully they can dispatch my passport soon.

I sent my passport on Jul 24 and was delivered on July 25.

Hope this helps anyone who has been waiting anxiously like I have

tpurohit

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
29-DEC-2016
Looks like it take a week post approval for the tracker to update
Yeah looks like it is true. I got email yesterday that my passport was dispatched from Ottawa office on 16th but I think Canada post picked up on 17th

tpurohit

Feb 5, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
29-DEC-2016
I just got off the phone with an extreme friendly and nice agent.

He told me my CORP and VISA printed yesterday on 8/17 (I don't see any update on my cic account though) and he was sending a message to Ottawa office to expedite the process so hopefully they can dispatch my passport soon.

I sent my passport on Jul 24 and was delivered on July 25.

Hope this helps anyone who has been waiting anxiously like I have
that's good let's wait for another 7-8 day after your status is updated on account to approved

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
Hi, CPC has received my family's passports on July 31, it took about 3 business days to be delivered from Vancouver to Ottawa.
I was under the impression that it would be back in about two weeks or a little more, that seems not to be the case.
It would be really good if we were able to do the landing (we're in Vancouver) before 9/5, since it would allow us to get a refund on my wife's tuition for the next term.
Do you guys think it's likely we will be able to land before 9/5?