+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CPC Ottawa- July 2017

adi.urban

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
It's great to see how people are given dates when they talk to agent. I somehow was able to talk to an agent now. My PP was delivered at Ottawa on 28th July. I was simply told its waiting for COPR to be printed.

I requested twice for any dates they would give me on when it reached the officer, date it went to print room and approximately how much time would I have to wait further, given its already 21 days they held my passport. The agent simply said we don't have any dates and please keep waiting!! Seriously!!!!!
They have reached Jul 24/25/27, next is Jul 28th. Well, I was also never told the dates and I called thrice. I wouldn't stress on dates.
I sent my passport on Jul 22nd and finally, the application got approved yesterday on Aug 17th.

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
They have reached Jul 24/25/27, next is Jul 28th. Well, I was also never told the dates and I called thrice. I wouldn't stress on dates.
I sent my passport on Jul 22nd and finally, the application got approved yesterday on Aug 17th.
Thank you, @adi.urban And @zhuyingsheng! I got a bit jittery cos on immi tracker I see couple of entries with 07/28 PP delivered date approved in the last two days. So, got extra anxious. I'm sure most of you can empathize :)

Reactions: adi.urban

zhuyingsheng

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
Thank you, @adi.urban And @zhuyingsheng! I got a bit jittery cos on immi tracker I see couple of entries with 07/28 PP delivered date approved in the last two days. So, got extra anxious. I'm sure most of you can empathize :)

Don't worry. Even though mine got there on July 26, it was delivered to the printing room on August 4. And the day it gets to the printing room is the only date that matters. I hope you get your passport in time.

vector911

Jan 5, 2017
Hi All!

congrats to everyone for their approvals :)

quick question, can we use USPS to send passports to Ottawa? Their Flat Rate Priority Mail Express International Envelope seems like the cheapest and fastest option. Its cheaper than UPS and FedEx.

Anyone used USPS?

Thanks!

induscan17

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
Hi All!

congrats to everyone for their approvals :)

quick question, can we use USPS to send passports to Ottawa? Their Flat Rate Priority Mail Express International Envelope seems like the cheapest and fastest option. Its cheaper than UPS and FedEx.

Anyone used USPS?

Thanks!
You cannot use return label if you use USPS. That's what I was told by USPS staff and I went with Fedex.

TimeLord18

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My CIC profile finally got updated with the approval message. Hopefully they will send the passport back next week.

My passport was delivered on Jul 25th. I contacted cic yesterday to inquire about the status, and I think that helped.

kohlirn89

Mar 1, 2017
Received PP request on 28th July, sent PP on 31st July(from USA). Reached Ottawa on 1st August.

Called them today for the first time, spoke to a very sweet lady. She told that my passport was received on 1st August. The CoPR was printed on 8th August and PP is in Queue for printing. Then said that you would receive it soon in near future, in some several days. I asked what exactly she meant by several days and should I check back in two weeks time, maybe by end of August. She said it would be much faster than that and we would have sent it by then.
I called them by *676139444000 then pressed 1 (for English), then 1 again for Immigration. The call was transferred and then I pressed 7 for express entry and then 0 to talk to an agent. The Waiting period was 14 minutes. I called directly thru T Mobile and Calling time was around 14:25 CDT(15:25EST).

BlueJays2017

Jan 11, 2017
It's great to see how people are given dates when they talk to agent. I somehow was able to talk to an agent now. My PP was delivered at Ottawa on 28th July.( this delivery date based on fedex tracker) The agent wouldn't tell me when they actually received it. I was simply told its waiting for COPR to be printed.

I requested twice for any dates they would give me on when it reached the officer, date it went to print room and approximately how much time would I have to wait further, given its already 21 days they held my passport. The agent simply said we don't have any dates and please keep waiting!! Seriously!!!!!

Hang on buddy, I too send my PP on 27th, and was delivered on 28th. Just today my application got approved! Yours will get within couple of days!

prAnxiety

Aug 18, 2017
Received PP request on 28th July, sent PP on 31st July(from USA). Reached Ottawa on 1st August.

Called them today for the first time, spoke to a very sweet lady. She told that my passport was received on 1st August. The CoPR was printed on 8th August and PP is in Queue for printing. Then said that you would receive it soon in near future, in some several days. I asked what exactly she meant by several days and should I check back in two weeks time, maybe by end of August. She said it would be much faster than that and we would have sent it by then.
I called them by *676139444000 then pressed 1 (for English), then 1 again for Immigration. The call was transferred and then I pressed 7 for express entry and then 0 to talk to an agent. The Waiting period was 14 minutes. I called directly thru T Mobile and Calling time was around 14:25 CDT(15:25EST).
I'll try calling again Monday since today I couldn't talk to anyone.
Since my passport was received (by tracking number) one day before yours, I guess they are in about the same situation.
Hope I get it back by the end of August, so I can do my landing before 9/5.

heystop

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
hi i just hung up the phone with agent, the passport was delivered on 7/27, the agent told me it was sent to the printing room on August 4,it hasn't been sent back to us now but the agent said we can wait until Thursday.

sooooo happy!!tried many days to finally get trough to an agent.today i waited about 40 mins.

zhuyingsheng

Star Member
Aug 17, 2017
hi
our passport sent tho the printing room the same day as you ,please inform if you have any progress. thanks
No updates today. I shall keep you posted. I believe our applications will be updated sometime next week. Likewise, keep me informed if you have any progress on your application!