May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Masin said:
No worries, you are totally fine. You will get back your passport in time. Sure, you can do border landing which is faster.
Thanks Masin +1 for you :)

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
sidaktoronto said:
Hey just wanted to know what size of envelop did you used for sending passports. I also have two passports to send .... Please let me know
I dont remember the actual size in inches and mm but the sending one had medium size ( a bit bigger than A4 size paper ) while the returning one was a bit smaller than that which I placed easily with the sending documents.
Make sure you write your address on the returning one and phone number and retrieve the original receipt as it has the tracking number.

Aneam

Star Member
Dec 9, 2014
We too are joining the club ;D

PPR 19th Feb. Will be posting from Canada via Xpress post today.

Luther

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
Hello guys,
I am also joining this Club. I will be posting both Myself and Spouse Passport today through XpressPost (Canada).

sidaktoronto

Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
228X
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 7, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 28, 2015
Nomination.....
September 12, 2015
AOR Received.
October 7, 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with EE Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Submitted with EE Application
Med's Done....
October 6, 2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 24, 2016
LANDED..........
March 8, 2016
Hi Guys, I also posted my passport today ppr on 19 feb.

It will be there by tuesday as Canada Post will not work on weekends.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone share the exact CPC Ottawa address to where the passport need to be couriered. Haven't received the PPR and but would need the address to make some preparations.

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your mailing address is in canada then post on this address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

If your mailing address is in USA then post on this address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

fengxy118

Jan 18, 2016
We have finally landed yesterday at Point Roberts Vancouver. We parked at Canadian side of the border and walked to the US border to obtain a refuse to entry note. We then walked back to Canadian border and did landing with one of the officers in the building.

He first checked our name spellings on the copr, then sent us back to waiting area while he checked our information at his desk. After that we were asked to sign both copies of copr. The officer stamped the signed copr to our passports and welcomed us to Canada.

The whole process was less than an hour. We waited quite a bit in the Canadian border office because the officers' primary duty is to serve people who need to pay duty and tax, before they could help us to land, so I guess a tip here is to arrive early, or at least avoid Fridays and weekends, when there would be more people crossing the border and potentially paying duty in the border office. No documents were asked to shown. They did ask our existing work permits back.

I might be just super sensitive here, but personally I think border officers are not too impressed by us doing landing at border, rather than making appointments at our local CIC office. I said to him we were there because we didn't want to wait for the appointment and he said no more. All officers were very friendly and professional.

In the end the officer said to us, welcome to Canada, congratulations. I am sure it was just formality and he would say that to anybody, but at that moment it sounded warm and indeed very welcoming.

Congratulations to all that have landed and those who are landing soon. We have fought hard and worked hard to get here, wishing everybody a brighter future and stress free life in Canada.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys my Return tracker shows active since the day I posted my passport..
It shows Item accepted at the Post Office (which is mine) on the same date.. Not sure if they already activated my return tracker when they sent it with my package.. No idea what it is...

Eddie S.A

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
IELTS Request
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015
Passport Req..
10-02-2016
Landing..?
HI guys can you assist me I have a question that might sound stupid. What does the landing really mean? I live in Calgary and I have sent my passport in already and they have been received. So when I get them back hopefully this week or so what will be inside the passport? what am I suppose to do then?

raihan101eee

Star Member
Mar 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/10/2015
Doc's Request.
12/10/2015
Nomination.....
28/08/2015
AOR Received.
01/10/2015
Med's Done....
16/09/2015
Passport Req..
16/02/2016
VISA ISSUED...
18/02/2016
LANDED..........
02/03/2016
Eddie S.A said:
Landing..?
HI guys can you assist me I have a question that might sound stupid. What does the landing really mean? I live in Calgary and I have sent my passport in already and they have been received. So when I get them back hopefully this week or so what will be inside the passport? what am I suppose to do then?
You will get PR visa and confirmation of PR letter. Then you have to go out of Canada and re-enter Canada to complete your PR process. This is known as landing. Alternative method is contact local cic office and do your landing at the office in case you do not want to go out and return to Canada. Hope that clarifies....

Masin

Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jemdill said:
Guys my Return tracker shows active since the day I posted my passport..
It shows Item accepted at the Post Office (which is mine) on the same date.. Not sure if they already activated my return tracker when they sent it with my package.. No idea what it is...
This is unusual! I think it is better to call canada post and ask them about it.

Eddie S.A

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
IELTS Request
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015
Passport Req..
10-02-2016
Thanks Raihan that clarifies it a bit. I was just not sure what it meant because I am in Canada already.
Thanks

zagahr

Feb 11, 2016
Promised to share my landing experience so here it goes.
Landed on Saturday at Rainbow Bridge Niagara. Finding the bridge was simple using a map.
Drove to the USA and was stopped by the USA officer, he asked for my passport (good to have it handy).
Gave him the passport and told him straight away that I came to complete my PR process and came for flagpool since I didnt have a USA visa.
He called another officer and directed me to a gate (like 10secs drive). The second officer asked me to park and wait for another officer for further instructions.
The third officer came out in about 1 minute and opened a gate, gave me an "entry denial letter" saying that I should show this on the canada side.
Drove back to canada...(another 10secs drive). Met the first Canadian officer at the toll gate, paid $3.50 and drove to the Canadian Boarder Office..(like 1-2 mins drive).
Got to the check point(second toll gate), the second Canadian officer, who was extremely nice, asked for my passport and the letter the USA guys gave me. He asked a series of questions that had obvious answers of NO....(do you have a gun in your car etc). After there he directed me to the parking spot and said I should go into the office.
I got to the office and gave my passport and letter from the USA to them at the desk and was asked to sit down.
I came in early (about 8am) there was literally nobody at the waiting area. Just me.
I was called to the desk....nice looking female officer( I believe they are called Officers as well). She asked for my COPR and category (CEC), gave it to her, she did some paper work and asked for my ID to confirm my address, gave her my driver's license.
She then asked another series of obvious NO answers and I signed the PR documents. Then she said welcome to Canada.
I gave them back all the work permit documents I had and left the building like a BOSS. Next stop? Niagara falls.
In all, the process was under 10mins. I didnt even have to show POF or employment letter of any sort. Just the documents that came with my passport from ottawa....and of cos my driver's license. The return of work permit documents I had to remind them.
Hope my long story makes your journey to LANDING a smooth one...Peace out