+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS TO CPC-OTTAWA IN Feb 2016

shaown20

Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@dkrv78 and @shibaak:

For those who are staying at canada/North America you can still send it to CPC ottawa. But the catch is:

If your mailing address is in canada your CPC will be:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

If you are outside of Canada but your mailing address is still in North America your CPC will be:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

If you are outside of Canada/North america and your mailing address is outside of Canada/North America:

you have to email
"CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca" to change visa office to process your application. In most cases it would be a local visa office (LVO) and you should get an instruction from CPC after the notification. it may take 2/3 weeks to get the response back from CPC about the change of the visa office. But as soon as you get the notification from CPC you can use VFS service to send your passport to the LVO.
You should not send your passport to LVO thru VFS till you get the notification from CIC, as the LVO needs to have the instruction from CPC Ottawa to process your visa/CoPR. Hope that explains.

FSW Inland
AOR: 03-09-2015
MED PASS+BKG IP: 09-2-2015
SCH A REQ: 01-10-2015
SCH A SUB: 03-10-2015
PPR: 18-02-2016
Passport sent: 20-02-2016
Passport Received: 23-02-2016
Pass Sub: 12-2-2016

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
shaown20 said:
@dkrv78 and @shibaak:

For those who are staying at canada/North America you can still send it to CPC ottawa. But the catch is:

If your mailing address is in canada your CPC will be:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

If you are outside of Canada but your mailing address is still in North America your CPC will be:

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

If you are outside of Canada/North america and your mailing address is outside of Canada/North America:

you have to email
"CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca" to change visa office to process your application. In most cases it would be a local visa office (LVO) and you should get an instruction from CPC after the notification. it may take 2/3 weeks to get the response back from CPC about the change of the visa office. But as soon as you get the notification from CPC you can use VFS service to send your passport to the LVO.
You should not send your passport to LVO thru VFS till you get the notification from CIC, as the LVO needs to have the instruction from CPC Ottawa to process your visa/CoPR. Hope that explains.

FSW Inland
AOR: 03-09-2015
MED PASS+BKG IP: 09-2-2015
SCH A REQ: 01-10-2015
SCH A SUB: 03-10-2015
PPR: 18-02-2016
Passport sent: 20-02-2016
Passport Received: 23-02-2016
Pass Sub: 12-2-2016
If you are outside of Canada but your mailing address is still in North America!

So why everone told me that I could send my husbands passport with me?! It should have been separate! What happens now?

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
My email has a different instruction.

If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Second update - Application now says "Closed - this application has been approved" on myCIC second page. I got an email notifying me of the update (I noticed some people were asking if you got an email or not before the changes were made, I did in this case!).

Waiting for tracker to get activated now, shouldn't be long.

Good luck, everyone!

pkumthek

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When did CIC received your passport?

wsmolind

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pkumthek said:
When did CIC received your passport?
My signature has the date when it was received. I believe it was Feb. 09th.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shibaak said:
I don't think it is completely true. Because in my email, it said that if you are in the states you can send the passport with mail to Ottawa.

I sent my husband's passport who is in the states with mine. He sent it to me and I sent it to Ottawa. I think I asked and people told me that it was ok. Is that ok?
Your last sentence is unclear.

The instructions simply said if you have a mailing address in Canada send it to Ottawa address X

If you have a mailing address in the US, send it to Ottawa address Y (Note that its different from X).

For all other cases, you have to contact and send it to your local embassy. US in general has many exceptions with Canada that many other countries don't have. So things applying to US may not apply to other countries.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shibaak said:
My email has a different instruction.

If you have a mailing address in Canada:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
PO Box 9780
Ottawa ON
K1G 4B9

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:
- The self-addressed, pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1
I don't see any difference in these instructions. If you are concerned about your husband not being physically here, the above email has the same implied meaning.

i.e. they would return the passport to your Canada address. And you would have to send it to him by post.

Ideally sending passport internationally (personally) is not a good idea.

If i am not mistaken, it is even illegal in some countries (e.g. India) to do so.

So CIC in general assumes you will send your passports officially from (and receive back) via your current country of residence. So they offer addresses for both Canada and US though different ones.

sraj07

May 26, 2015
this Indian passport sharing across US to Canada is very confusing . I am dying with the same situation ....
I got ppr last week holding Indian passport in USA ...
Too many confusion , some say you can send and some say illegal ....
Already gone through lot of struggles . so at last requested for Visa office change to USA ... I sent email , CSE 3 days back , still no response from CIC ..... I even emailed to embassy in USA , no reply .... I am really tired now ... donno what to do ...

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
this Indian passport sharing across US to Canada is very confusing . I am dying with the same situation ....
I got ppr last week holding Indian passport in USA ...
Too many confusion , some say you can send and some say illegal ....
Already gone through lot of struggles . so at last requested for Visa office change to USA ... I sent email , CSE 3 days back , still no response from CIC ..... I even emailed to embassy in USA , no reply .... I am really tired now ... donno what to do ...
Why is it illegal?

Doda

May 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sraj07 said:
i donno few say legal and others say illegal .
If it were illegal, why would CIC ask for such a method? Confused!

AAA2133

Dec 17, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2015
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-09-2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
21-10-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2015
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
24-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2016
LANDED..........
11-03-2016
I'm going to submit my passport this week. Wanna follow this thread.

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
I got PPR today ... will send the passport tomorrow ....feeling great to move out of AOR thread (however i will be there for help) and joining next step thread...

Eddie S.A

Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2015
IELTS Request
21-11-2015
Med's Done....
16-12-2015
Passport Req..
10-02-2016
My return tracker activated... :D :D Very fast service from CIC.