+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
I just got an email from IRCC

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

At this time, to protect Canadians from COVID-19, travel restrictions are in place for individuals travelling to Canada. Even people with a confirmation of permanent residence (CoPR) and a permanent resident visa (PRV) counterfoil (if applicable), CANNOT TRAVEL TO CANADA at this time to become permanent residents unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.
Do not worry if your documents are near expiry. We will contact you with further instructions if your documents expire before the travel restrictions are lifted. We will then work with you at that time to re-issue or extend the validity of your documents when it is safer to travel.
Travel Restrictions Compliance and Enforcement
We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.

Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration servicesand how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.

Keep us informed if your situation has changed
Please let us know if your situation changes in any of the following ways:

• Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
  • Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member
  • Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
  • You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence
Do not attempt to travel to Canada if your situation has changed. Your documents will need to be updated and re-issued.
We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
I just got an email from IRCC

Dear client,

Thank you for your interest in coming to Canada as an Economic Class permanent resident. We are looking forward to having you here, but you will have to wait a little longer.

Travel Restrictions Compliance and Enforcement
We want you to eventually come to Canada safely and legally. Please note if you don’t follow the instructions provided to and try to travel to Canada right now, you could face a signficant ticket or fine. Entering Canada is an offence under the Quarantine Act. For more information see Consequences for failure to comply with the Emergency order.

Please learn about how COVID-19 is affecting immigration servicesand how it affects travel, quarantine and borders for the latest information on travel restrictions before making any travel plans and again before departing for Canada to avoid being denied boarding or entry in Canada.

Reuniting with family
We understand that you may have family in Canada and are looking forward to seeing them. If you are trying to reunite with family in Canada, you likely meet an exemption under the travel restrictions. If so, please consult Foreign nationals reuniting with family regularly to find out if you can travel to Canada.

Keep us informed if your situation has changed
Please let us know if your situation changes in any of the following ways:

• Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation
  • Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member
  • Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children
  • You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence

We are sorry to keep you waiting and thank you for your patience,

Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Same here.... Hoping and praying the restrictions is lifted before May 31st....

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
I guess so... Once the the family there is an immediate family member, in most cases, they approve the AL request....
Okay. Because I thought if you had an immediate family in Canada then you won't be needing an AL.
For immediate family, no need to request AL, but for extended family, one needs to request AL.

Jbach

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Airlines are very strict with this AL thing. If it’s ET, they would first confirm where your last destination is and request for your AL. Upon showing them the AL they would still go ahead to further confirm if it’s valid by sighting your copr to find out who’s PA or not. If you are a dependent with AL and PA does not have an AL , they will turn both people back. Crazy times we are in

Reactions: Rehab

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
Airlines are very strict with this AL thing. If it’s ET, they would first confirm where your last destination is and request for your AL. Upon showing them the AL they would still go ahead to further confirm if it’s valid by sighting your copr to find out who’s PA or not. If you are a dependent with AL and PA does not have an AL , they will turn both people back. Crazy times we are in
Hopefully, all that will change in the coming weeks ..

Kwesi Fred

Nov 11, 2020
I got passport request from ircc on 31st December 2020 and submitted the application (passport) to vfs via DHL on the 6th of January 2021 and still not received any further information IRCC. Anytime i try Tracking my application it says that no records found. I have been waiting from January 2021 till date and very worried about the situation. I got a call from my bank last week saying they got an email from the High commission to confirm my bank statement and they did inform them its legit. Don't know what to do. I'm very worried.

Kwesi Fred

Nov 11, 2020
I got passport request from ircc on 31st December 2020 and submitted the application (passport) to vfs via DHL on the 6th of January 2021 and still not received any further information IRCC. Anytime i try Tracking my application it says that no records found. I have been waiting from January 2021 till date and very worried about the situation. I got a call from my bank last week saying they got an email from the High commission to confirm my bank statement and they did inform them its legit. Don't know what to do. I'm very worried.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
They tried to confirm your bank statement after you have gotten PPR? How funny. Did you apply for PR?

You don't have to worry though, I know a few people that shared the circumstance as you. They returned some of their passports without visas recently. They claimed they couldn't issue the visa because economic immigrants aren't allowed to travel at this time. They also told someone to reappear for medicals as she had less than 6months validity on the previous medicals. Hang in there or shoot them an email for updates.

Last edited: