+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Well, that was his first landing as a PR as he got approved in October.
Still very vague. Your friend would have to have gotten authorisation to board his flight on exception of either to unite with an immediate/extended family member in Canada as a citizen/PR/TR or any other valid reason he must have declared to the airline before jumping on a plane.

Read more here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#extended-citizen-pr

Last edited:

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Still very vague. Your friend would have to have gotten authorisation to board his flight on exception of either to unite with an immediate/extended family member in Canada as a citizen/PR/TR or any other valid reason he must have declared to the airline before jumping on a plane.

Read more here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#extended-citizen-pr
He didn't get any authorization (I drove him to the airport and I waited till they called them for boarding), he flew with KLM and he wasn't turned back at POE. He's observing his mandatory 14-day quarantine somewhere in Guelph, Ontario.

Reactions: nathan2020EE

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
please who has any information on the below update i got when i tracked my passport on vfs platform

Visa application, tracking ID No. has been dispatched to the OC from VAC , on for processing. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website.
It means your passport has been sent from VAC being VFS to the OC (officer in charge) in IRCC for processing. Got it?

Etty

Jun 6, 2019
Well, that was his first landing as a PR as he got approved in October.
Seriously I will like to know this dude, right now the biggest challenge is boarding the airplane, once you off the air, certainly will land so far as you got your quarantine plans in place.

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Seriously I will like to know this dude, right now the biggest challenge is boarding the airplane, once you off the air, certainly will land so far as you got your quarantine plans in place.
Exactly what I was going to comment but since he is sure his friend passed a Border service officer and his PR was approved after March 18 and he didn’t declare any of the reasons you can use to the airline or at POE. Then I don’t know again. Because even people that their CoPR expired/is expiring; they only recently are able to travel. And it says “likely be allowed to enter” for them. So its still 50:50

as for anyone approved after March 18 even your PPR/ confirmation email clearly states “you cannot travel to Canada now”

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Exactly what I was going to comment but since he is sure his friend passed a Border service officer and his PR was approved after March 18 and he didn’t declare any of the reasons you can use to the airline or at POE. Then I don’t know again. Because even people that their CoPR expired/is expiring; they only recently are able to travel. And it says “likely be allowed to enter” for them. So its still 50:50

as for anyone approved after March 18 even your PPR/ confirmation email clearly states “you cannot travel to Canada now”
People are travelling and that’s accurate. It’s your choice to make the trip or not but I know people that have gone and no one was turned back.
As long as you have your quarantine plan , no issues

Andnaij

Dec 10, 2019
Dears, I need help as I will be submitting my wife and I’s passport to VFS Lagos. On the consent form to be submitted, will my wife need to fill and sign a separate form from the one which I will be filling? Thanks

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
Dears, I need help as I will be submitting my wife and I’s passport to VFS Lagos. On the consent form to be submitted, will my wife need to fill and sign a separate form from the one which I will be filling? Thanks
Both of you need to fill and sign a consent form each. If their are kids, then for each for the kid(s)..

Reactions: Andnaij

Okpure

Jul 5, 2019
Happy New Year to everyone. Has anyone who submitted their passport in VFS Lekki, Lagos received it? I am a little concerned because i submitted mine since October 27th, 2020 and i have not gotten it back. The only correspondence i received from VFS is that it has been sent to IRCC. Pls respond on what you think i can do.