+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Etty

Jun 6, 2019
Happy New Year to everyone. Has anyone who submitted their passport in VFS Lekki, Lagos received it? I am a little concerned because i submitted mine since October 27th, 2020 and i have not gotten it back. The only correspondence i received from VFS is that it has been sent to IRCC. Pls respond on what you think i can do.
Is your profile updated with counterfoil? If so, then we are all in the same boat and you are the senior colleague.

Derline

Oct 9, 2019
Exactly what I was going to comment but since he is sure his friend passed a Border service officer and his PR was approved after March 18 and he didn’t declare any of the reasons you can use to the airline or at POE. Then I don’t know again. Because even people that their CoPR expired/is expiring; they only recently are able to travel. And it says “likely be allowed to enter” for them. So its still 50:50

as for anyone approved after March 18 even your PPR/ confirmation email clearly states “you cannot travel to Canada now”
Lmao.. open your eyes.

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
Perhaps when he lands he can tell us how he did it! As long as he isn't under family sponsorship!!
Like because of the niceness or laxity by a few officers/airlines doesn’t mean your case is the same with another person’s. Which is the mantra of Canadian immigration. I personally have an email containing a letter stating “Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada if their valid CoPR and PRV was issued after March 18, 2020, unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

We have issued your documents so that when the restrictions are lifted, you will have your documents ready to travel to Canada.”

So why on earth will I take a risk and travel. Impatience and faulting of rules can also get your application refused. Remember “until you land your PR status is yet to be finalised”

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
It’s okay....let it go. To each his own. There’s really no need stressing and stating the obvious
Tbh it’s not about stressing. Blogs like this are viewed by numerous immigrants and it’s unfair to mislead people. Not everyone might double check what you’re saying and take it as truth.

TripleE01

May 24, 2019
P
Like because of the niceness or laxity by a few officers/airlines doesn’t mean your case is the same with another person’s. Which is the mantra of Canadian immigration. I personally have an email containing a letter stating “Until further notice, most foreign nationals cannot travel to Canada if their valid CoPR and PRV was issued after March 18, 2020, unless they are exempt from the travel restrictions.

We have issued your documents so that when the restrictions are lifted, you will have your documents ready to travel to Canada.”

So why on earth will I take a risk and travel. Impatience and faulting of rules can also get your application refused. Remember “until you land your PR status is yet to be finalised”
I know and understand all you have written! My comment was based one the guy trying really hard to make us accept that we can travel even though our CoPR email says we cannot!!

nathan2020EE

Star Member
Sep 21, 2020
P

I know and understand all you have written! My comment was based one the guy trying really hard to make us accept that we can travel even though our CoPR email says we cannot!!
Oh yes I know what your comment was about. On another note please let me/us know about any updates on your end. We are both seeing the same message when we track.

Reactions: TripleE01