+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hi peops,

Here’s a bit of update from my end.

I received an email from the Accra Visa office on July 09, 2020 stating that my passport has been delivered to Canada VFS Lagos. And earlier today, I received a courier request form via email from Canada VFS.

I hope things are looking up at your end, too.

Regards

Reactions: CountessO

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi peops,

I received an email from the Accra Visa office on July 09, 2020 stating that my passport has been delivered to Canada VFS Lagos. And earlier today, I received a courier request form via email from Canada VFS.

Regards
Nice one, atleast there's movement in AVO. Was ur application approved in ur gckey? And when did u submit ur passport?

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Nice one, atleast there's movement in AVO. Was ur application approved in ur gckey? And when did u submit ur passport?
Thanks.

Yes it was approved in my GCKey account on March 17, 2020.
I submitted my passport to VFS Lagos on March 03, 2020.

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Hi guys, I hope things are looking up for you.

Going through the posts has answered some of the questions in my mind regarding how the Canada immigration was impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, & many thanks to you all.
At the same time, I find it interesting to go through your posts.

However, I haven't seen a post yet regarding those in Nigeria whose application was approved & were yet to send their passports for visa issuance before visa services were suspended.

That was my situation until I sent my passport to VFS global, Accra via courier, which got to them yesterday, July 20, 2020, & was sent right away by VFS global, Accra, to IRCC for processing, & confirmed by an email notification, which comes with a tracking id.

So I just wanna tell anyone in that situation who is unaware of this provision that he does not have to wait for the offices here in Nigeria to reopen. You can send your passport to Accra, & it will be returned to you via DHL.

It will benefit you more to email VFS Accra so that they will advice you on how to go about it. Their reply will also help bring your mind down that an extension was automatically applied to your application, & that you don't have to fear refusal due to an inability to submit required documents on time.

However, I would like to know how long it takes for visa to be issued by IRCC after receiving your passports & when tracking the progress is possible?

Reactions: El Jefe

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi guys, I hope things are looking up for you.

Going through the posts has answered some of the questions in my mind regarding how the Canada immigration was impacted by the coronavirus pandemic, & many thanks to you all.
At the same time, I find it interesting to go through your posts.

However, I haven't seen a post yet regarding those in Nigeria whose application was approved & were yet to send their passports for visa issuance before visa services were suspended.

That was my situation until I sent my passport to VFS global, Accra via courier, which got to them yesterday, July 20, 2020, & was sent right away by VFS global, Accra, to IRCC for processing, & confirmed by an email notification, which comes with a tracking id.

So I just wanna tell anyone in that situation who is unaware of this provision that he does not have to wait for the offices here in Nigeria to reopen. You can send your passport to Accra, & it will be returned to you via DHL.

It will benefit you more to email VFS Accra so that they will advice you on how to go about it. Their reply will also help bring your mind down that an extension was automatically applied to your application, & that you don't have to fear refusal due to an inability to submit required documents on time.

However, I would like to know how long it takes for visa to be issued by IRCC after receiving your passports & when tracking the progress is possible?
From the trend so far, it takes about 2wks for your passport to be stamped and about 1wk or so for the passport to get back to u, but in this covid era, no one is really sure about the processing time. U just have to keep an eye on your gckey, once your passport is stamped it wld be updated there.

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
From the trend so far, it takes about 2wks for your passport to be stamped and about 1wk or so for the passport to get back to u, but in this covid era, no one is really sure about the processing time. U just have to keep an eye on your gckey, once your passport is stamped it wld be updated there.
Thanks for the reply, Boss. I'll just take my mind off it, while I hope it comes as soon as possible. I would have loved to track it via gckey, but it has never worked for me, despite several tries.

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Thanks for the reply, Boss. I'll just take my mind off it, while I hope it comes as soon as possible. I would have loved to track it via gckey, but it has never worked for me, despite several tries.
Taking ur mind off it is the best advice i can give anyone at the moment, bcos worrying won't make it to be processed faster. There are threads in this forum that can assist u with setting up your gckey, that's the best way u can monitor your application

Chiji11

Aug 14, 2018
Hi peops,

Regards
Hello Sir, congrats on your positive update. i also mailed accra immigration and i was informed that my passport has been sent to vfs lagos but up until now i havent received any update from vfs lagos please can i contact you directly

Last edited:

ambo1

Sep 16, 2018
Hello Sir, congrats on your positive update. i also mailed accra immigration and i was informed that my passport has been sent to vfs lagos but up until now i havent received any update from vfs lagos
Please which email address did you send to???

Chiji11

Aug 14, 2018
Everything in this country is rubbish this place is really a zoo nigeria other countries are opening up doing passport passback service ...............thats why we never come back after we leave

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hello Sir, congrats on your positive update. i also mailed accra immigration and i was informed that my passport has been sent to vfs lagos but up until now i havent received any update from vfs lagos please can i contact you directly
Thank you.

I understand that the waiting can be frustrating, but don’t fret, you’ll be sorted out soon
Yes, please, you can contact me directly.

Regards

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
I just got my passport and COPR delivered to me less than one hour ago.
I pray for God’s favor and speed in getting all yours sorted and delivered to you all as well.

Cheers

Reactions: ussyberry

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Everything in this country is rubbish this place is really a zoo nigeria other countries are opening up doing passport passback service ...............thats why we never come back after we leave
I just got my passport and COPR delivered to me less than one hour ago.
I pray for God’s favor and speed in getting all yours sorted and delivered to you all as well.

Cheers
Wow! Congrats man