+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
sigh! I know. The Local are the ones that will confirm reopening. Waiting for them is the best bet. That was my point but you had to be rude. I am talking about VFS Canada! of course..
I feel a country's situation too might affect reopening because what is the point?
Waiting for them is the best bet? That's not a solution. You are not listening to yourself at all. Some people will go there tomorrow and give us update on what they tell them. I know you will benefit as well. That's a solution and been reasonable.

Alwayssuccessful!

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
This is not a solution at all. We all know what you stated already. Nobody is going to fight, give instructions or order them around on what to do. You don't have to over analyse little things pls, a little check in with them if they are even open or working or when they will start working again is not impatient at all. Nigerians we just like to over stress simple things and give a zero end to end solution.
The advice from CountessO is the best and most rational you can get anywhere. You are the one getting unnecessarily touchy about the advice.

If you go to the Canadian high Commission in Lagos, I can almost certainly guarantee you will have wasted you time and money going there. They will not let you in except you are there for consular support, which will only be provided to a Canadian citizen. The Lagos office has no business with the VAC in Lagos (VSF Global). They both have their entirely separate roles and the VAC is only a contractor. If the Lagos VAC is not open, you have to exercise some patience for businesses in Lagos to open.

For your information, the resumption of processing on July 1 just announced is for temporary residence applications - visitors, temporary workers and students. PR application processing and work permit for those working in essential services sector never stopped. The visa processing offices are all working remotely from home. The challenge is with the VACs, which are not part of the immigration decision makers but merely agents and couriers.

If you are going to resume a job that is defined as an essential worker in Canada, you may send a web form enquiry to the responsible visa office with the title "URGENT REQUEST - COVID-19 EXEMPTION". To confirm if your job is considered essential, check here https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx. If you feel the visa office (not a VAC please) has treated your application badly or has not responded to a web enquiry you sent after 30 days, and you want to report the unnecessary delay to the powers that be in Ottawa to pile pressure on the visa office to expedite the process, send an email to Case‐Review‐im‐enquiry@cic.gc.ca

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
The advice from CountessO is the best and most rational you can get anywhere. You are the one getting unnecessarily touchy about the advice.

If you go to the Canadian high Commission in Lagos, I can almost certainly guarantee you will have wasted you time and money going there. They will not let you in except you are there for consular support, which will only be provided to a Canadian citizen. The Lagos office has no business with the VAC in Lagos (VSF Global). They both have their entirely separate roles and the VAC is only a contractor. If the Lagos VAC is not open, you have to exercise some patience for businesses in Lagos to open.

For your information, the resumption of processing on July 1 just announced is for temporary residence applications - visitors, temporary workers and students. PR application processing and work permit for those working in essential services sector never stopped. The visa processing offices are all working remotely from home. The challenge is with the VACs, which are not part of the immigration decision makers but merely agents and couriers.

If you are going to resume a job that is defined as an essential worker in Canada, you may send a web form enquiry to the responsible visa office with the title "URGENT REQUEST - COVID-19 EXEMPTION". To confirm if your job is considered essential, check here https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/ntnl-scrt/crtcl-nfrstrctr/esf-sfe-en.aspx. If you feel the visa office (not a VAC please) has treated your application badly or has not responded to a web enquiry you sent after 30 days, and you want to report the unnecessary delay to the powers that be in Ottawa to pile pressure on the visa office to expedite the process, send an email to Case‐Review‐im‐enquiry@cic.gc.ca
I am not getting touchy at all. Some of us here know all you just mentioned here, we have done alot. Let me ask you a question, if you have problem contacting your bank to resolve an issue, going to the bank to make enquiries on how to get it resolved, is that a problem? Having submitted passport since February, yes covid19 impacted everything; if 2 or 3 persons decide to go there and ask questions since their email and number aren't going through, its not bad at all. There's nothing like his advice is best and rational, we are all trying to get leads and plan ahead!

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Hey all, I got some good news in my account just now.
My CoPR is extended until April 2021 (by 10 months), it expired June 3rd, and my passport is still with vfs, submitted for processing on March 13.
Anyone else got this update?
Hallelujah!

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
Hallelujah!
Some of us went to the lagos immigration and vfs and got good news. To many of you who like speaking big English and acting like others are stupid, well done! Asking questions and making enquiries is not a bad thing to do.

Reactions: ambo1

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Some of us went to the lagos immigration and vfs and got good news. To many of you who like speaking big English and acting like others are stupid, well done! Asking questions and making enquiries is not a bad thing to do.

Please kindly share the good news!

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
Please kindly share the good news!
So i was at the Deputy High commission some minutes ago and though they didn't let us in, they were calm and polite about their approach.

When my wife and I laid our case, the man in charge of security went in to consult and came back to tell us that that though the commission had resumed work, they were yet to open to the public.

He also told us that Vfs cannot resume canada services until they are instructed to do so which would most likely happen within a week or two.

He asked us to exercise a little more patience.

Reactions: El Jefe

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
So i was at the Deputy High commission some minutes ago and though they didn't let us in, they were calm and polite about their approach.

When my wife and I laid our case, the man in charge of security went in to consult and came back to tell us that that though the commission had resumed work, they were yet to open to the public.

He also told us that Vfs cannot resume canada services until they are instructed to do so which would most likely happen within a week or two.

Thank you!

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019

HAHA!!!!! I don't even know why this funny.. I AM GLAD THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I SAID AND WHAT @Alwayssuccessful! SAID. ... sometimes you can pass your opinion without being neccessarily rude because of frustration. Lol! at least your solution worked! Good luck!

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
HAHA!!!!! I don't even know why this funny.. I AM GLAD THIS IS DIFFERENT FROM WHAT I SAID AND WHAT @Alwayssuccessful! SAID. ... sometimes you can pass your opinion without being neccessarily rude because of frustration. Lol! at least your solution worked! Good luck!
I am not frustrated and rude. We made a suggestion and decided to visit lagos immigration and vfs, you said it is not the right thing to do and @Alwayssuccessful! Said you are giving me the best and rational advice. But we did it after all and still came back to update everyone. Asking questions and making enquiries is not a bad solution, this is why processes, policies, systems become better. The feedback will help many of us plan ahead as we wait patiently.

Reactions: Ojay1

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
I am not frustrated and rude. We made a suggestion and decided to visit lagos immigration and vfs, you said it is not the right thing to do and @Alwayssuccessful! Said you are giving me the best and rational advice. But we did it after all and still came back to update everyone. Asking questions and making enquiries is not a bad solution, this is why processes, policies, systems become better. The feedback will help many of us plan ahead as we wait patiently.
And when vfs doesn't open up in one or 2wks time what happens? U go back to the high commision again? U don't have to be rude and touchy when others share their opinions as regards your plans. Do u think the info u got from the deputy high commision in Lagos was something new? Everyone knows that canada VAC was not closed permanently and would open at some point, just have a little more patience and hopefully things would turn out well for everyone. The Lagos consulate literally asked u to be patient, which is not different from what @CountessO and @Alwayssuccessful! said earlier.

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
And when vfs doesn't open up in one or 2wks time what happens? U go back to the high commision again? U don't have to be rude and touchy when others share their opinions as regards your plans. Do u think the info u got from the deputy high commision in Lagos was something new? Everyone knows that canada VAC was not closed permanently and would open at some point, just have a little more patience and hopefully things would turn out well for everyone. The Lagos consulate literally asked u to be patient, which is not different from what @CountessO and @Alwayssuccessful! said earlier.
I believe you are the same guy saying the admin on the WhatsApp group should go break up vfs if he cannot be patient. If you know everything and you are still here and the WhatsApp group, I really wonder what you trying to achieve. I went there, I updated the group on my findings, I don't think have done any wrong by going to ask questions I don't know about. Saying its not a good idea to go there to make enquiries, is not a good thing to say to people; these offices are usually open to the public for enquiries. I even saw other people who came to make enquiries as well. Are they also impatient people as well? Whether or not vfs opens in 1 or 2wks, at least we have gone there to see if the offices are even open at all and when likely things will begin again.

El Jefe

Star Member
Mar 3, 2020
Good day peops,

Any promising news or new development at all on anyone’s end?
Please kindly share.

Cheers