+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Obioha

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
No, my timeline still says "decision made" this is the only update I've had since I submitted my passport. I got this extension notification as an email and also as a pdf document in my gckey
That's good news, atleast it's a sign that they're beginning to work on our applications again. Those who still have their medicals expiring by year end or next year don't have need for the extension.

212Progress

Feb 17, 2018
I got PPR on March 13 and submitted my passport on 16 March.
Yes I sent multiple web forms, as I have a job offer to resume.
I just hope this is a good sign though..... fingers crossed
Hello, can u pls give an insight into the content of the web form u sent severally to IRCC....?? My situation is somehow related to yours..Thank you..

Uyi2013

Jul 23, 2018
Hello all, submitted my passports on d 28th of February and got approved since 17th of March but I have not received it back yet. Really worried right now. Any hope of vfs Lagos resuming soon?

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
Can we join forces to ask our passports from vfs lagos? Ircc, avo and Accra vfs has opened up and started working. Why is vfs Lagos still closed???

Uyi2013

Jul 23, 2018
I think its a good idea......Another option is to still visit Lagos Canada embassy and tell them to give vfs order to send our passports to us. If we can go in group like 5-10 people.

Reactions: Ihnomech

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
What's the best idea?
Canadian vfs offices in most countries are closed. I am confident most will start opening this month of July. I have seen situations where those whose passports are stuck and their medicals expired are getting extensions. The world is going through a a phase. According to the advisory dated July Ist, They have started processing files again so this means offices would be open soon. Nobody expected the pandemic. You dont have to go anywhere to give instructions. You are already at the end. Just a little and final lap of patience would do.. Just saying.

Reactions: El Jefe and Obioha

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
Canadian vfs offices in most countries are closed. I am confident most will start opening this month of July. I have seen situations where those whose passports are stuck and their medicals expired are getting extensions. The world is going through a a phase. According to the advisory dated July Ist, They have started processing files again so this means offices would be open soon. Nobody expected the pandemic. You dont have to go anywhere to give instructions. You are already at the end. Just a little and final lap of patience would do.. Just saying.
This is not a solution at all. We all know what you stated already. Nobody is going to fight, give instructions or order them around on what to do. You don't have to over analyse little things pls, a little check in with them if they are even open or working or when they will start working again is not impatient at all. Nigerians we just like to over stress simple things and give a zero end to end solution.

212Progress

Feb 17, 2018
The big question is,when will d offices open...?? Please where did u come across those people whose passports were stuck at VFS , their medicals expired and then got extension..??
Did they raise a web form informing IRCC that their medicals or COPR will soon expire and their passports stuck at vfs before getting the extension.?? Or was it automatic...?? Pls kindly throw more light into this... Thanks.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
This is not a solution at all. We all know what you stated already. Nobody is going to fight, give instructions or order them around on what to do. You don't have to over analyse little things pls, a little check in with them if they are even open or working or when they will start working again is not impatient at all. Nigerians we just like to over stress simple things and give a zero end to end solution.
Okay then. Go with your solution. Talmbout over analyzing.You are. For even saying you are going to check the visa office obviously means you are not following. VFS already stated that they are temporarily closed globally including in Lagos and Abuja till further notice. The IRCC website has confirmed they have started working on files but it might be a slow process. Go meet them there then. Good luck.

Reactions: kuskus and El Jefe

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
The big question is,when will d offices open...?? Please where did u come across those people whose passports were stuck at VFS , their medicals expired and then got extension..??
Did they raise a web form informing IRCC that their medicals or COPR will soon expire and their passports stuck at vfs before getting the extension.?? Or was it automatic...?? Pls kindly throw more light into this... Thanks.
You can check the advisory dated July 1st on the website. Yes! they sent a webform explaining the situation. to Accra and central intake.

Reactions: El Jefe

Ihnomech

Sep 20, 2018
Okay then. Go with your solution. Talmbout over analyzing.You are. For even saying you are going to check the visa office obviously means you are not following. VFS already stated that they are temporarily closed globally including in Lagos and Abuja till further notice. The IRCC website has confirmed they have started working on files but it might be a slow process. Go meet them there then. Good luck.
You can check the advisory dated July 1st on the website. Yes! they sent a webform explaining the situation. to Accra and central intake.
Some of us got response from vfs global to check in with lagos immigration to assist us further.

Some of us got response from vfs employees that only lagos immigration can give instructions to open up.

I was at vfs last week. Vfs is opened and working only Canada session is closed.

CountessO

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
Some of us got response from vfs global to check in with lagos immigration to assist us further.

Some of us got response from vfs employees that only lagos immigration can give instructions to open up.

I was at vfs last week. Vfs is opened and working only Canada session is closed.
sigh! I know. The Local are the ones that will confirm reopening. Waiting for them is the best bet. That was my point but you had to be rude. I am talking about VFS Canada! of course..
I feel a country's situation too might affect reopening because what is the point?

Reactions: kuskus