+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to Accra Visa Office !

Abi1234

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Mine was forwarded since June 24th, got approval since June 30th! why on earth will a visa stamping process hold someones passport from more than 6 weeks?
Its really painfull.
I submitted to DHL to VFS lagos on the 25th of June.
It was in Lagos for 2 weeks before they sent it to Accra on the 8th of July.

Reactions: Tosyne1

Tosyne1

Dec 2, 2020
My PP was delivered to VFS Lagos on June 15, forwarded to the embassy on June 24th and was approved on June 30th. Up till now VFS lagos keep saying the PP has not been released by the Embassy, why would the embassy hold on someone's passport for more than a month?

Abi1234

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hey guys, do I need to get tracking number from DHL when I submit? How do l know my package had left to VFS Abuja?

Thanks
You would be getting 2 tracking numbers eventually.

1. DHL tracking number- Two tracking numbers would be issued by DHL to track both sending to VFS Abuja and Receiving to your specified address when your stamped passport returns. (This is based on my own process)

2. VFS tracking number- This would be issued by VFS as soon as your passport is received from DHL the day(or next day) you submitted to DHL

Abi1234

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
My PP was delivered to VFS Lagos on June 15, forwarded to the embassy on June 24th and was approved on June 30th. Up till now VFS lagos keep saying the PP has not been released by the Embassy, why would the embassy hold on someone's passport for more than a month?
wow! you mean u got counterfoil mail on the 30th of June?

Tosyne1

Dec 2, 2020
This is really unfair.

Accra is just batching these passports till they have enough to send back to Nigeria.

Each passport holder has already made payment for courier but they would rather use one payment for several passports.
We are not even sure if that is the case as there is no information from the embassy
no way to speak to someone at the embassy. What if I need my international passport for emergency. I don't understand all this delay honestly

Tosyne1

Dec 2, 2020
Hey guys, do I need to get tracking number from DHL when I submit? How do l know my package had left to VFS Abuja?

Thanks
Yes you should get a tracking number becuase VFS may not send you theirs on time and you may need to follow - up

Last edited:

Wiriam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
I did call the second number and a guy picked,he couldn’t even provide any vital information,he only said their job is to scan the passport and send to VFS office in Lagos,Does that mean that the passport is still with the high commission office or already been dispatched without us been updated,from what I observed they don’t take any passport that comes from VFS office in Lagos serious,if I knew earlier I would have sent directly to Ghana,after getting approved our update ought to have change to precessed document dispatched to VFS Lagos,so it seems the passport has not been dispatched yet. Ever since I got the notification that my processed passport has been forwarded to the CVO on the 8/7/2021 it never updated again even after I got approved on the 19th.
That was also the last update I got from them

Godly8319

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
Not at all. I submitted June 8th
You submitted June 8th and I submitted June 21st and we got counterfoil same day which is 19th, and now seems they are just batching us all together to send passport back,I wish I knew about forums before sending out passport I wouldn’t have gone through Lagos VFS. Seems no passport was even sent to VFS office in Lagos from Ghana this month, or has anyone picked up their passport this month.