+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Hey I have a question
I just called IRCC ...automatic changed into approved today...
Passport sent on 8th
Recieved on 10th
Approved 17 may
Just waiting for return package to get activated... when was your activated after approved status?
Hello again,

Mine return envelope was actived the day after I got updated.

Reactions: Kaurman

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Finally after 15 months.....
Landed at Peace Arch border.
The process was easy and simple... Got the PR in 45 minutes.
Got new SIN from Service Canada Vancouver.
Updated employer, bank about new SIN.
Not sure if I need to call CRA to update the SIN number or Service Canada updates them automatically.
Going to call MSP to update the SIN.
Wait for PR card begins :)

Thank you all for support and help throughout the process.

congrats. budd.

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
Hi,
I have closed work permit and have unpaid vacation for 5 months to go to my home country.
I got COPR yesterday and will go for landing flight to Canada very soon.
Will it be problem to entering Canada/ activate COPR at the airport because of I did not work for 5 months? (I have recent supportive/ employment letter from employer that I am gone for 5 months of unpaid vacation and will return to company which date.)

Please give me advise.

Thanks,

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Hi,
I have closed work permit and have unpaid vacation for 5 months to go to my home country.
I got COPR yesterday and will go for landing flight to Canada very soon.
Will it be problem to entering Canada/ activate COPR at the airport because of I did not work for 5 months? (I have recent supportive/ employment letter from employer that I am gone for 5 months of unpaid vacation and will return to company which date.)

Please give me advise.

Thanks,
You have to surrender your current work permit on landing time.

The COPR Visa sticker on your passport will only allow you to enter Canada only one time which you will use for landing. All other visa's (worker visa) will be cancel on the spot when they print this COPR visa sticker on passport.

COPR is not vaild for travel (you will see a big water marking saying that on your COPR paper as well). You will need to have PR Card to reenter Canada, (PR Card take 15-20 days only after your landing). if you want to travel without PR card then you have to apply for Transit visa document but PR card will come before that.

thank you

shb8602

Jan 14, 2017
You have to surrender your current work permit on landing time.

The COPR Visa sticker on your passport will only allow you to enter Canada only one time which you will use for landing. All other visa's (worker visa) will be cancel on the spot when they print this COPR visa sticker on passport.

COPR is not vaild for travel (you will see a big water marking saying that on your COPR paper as well). You will need to have PR Card to reenter Canada, (PR Card take 15-20 days only after your landing). if you want to travel without PR card then you have to apply for Transit visa document but PR card will come before that.

thank you
Thank you for your reply.

I have few more questions then.

1) I have not worked for 5 months with closed work permit (I am in my home country for unpaid vacation, meaning still the part of the company without laid off). Will officer think suspicious that I have not worked last 5 months? There possible canceling my COPR and refuse to enter Canada at this time?

2) I am from visa-exemption country, meaning there is no visa sticker on my passport. I have not landed yet, so that means my work permit is still valid, no?

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Thank you for your reply.

I have few more question then.
1) I have not worked for 5 months. Will officer will think suspicious that I have not worked under closed work permit? Will officer could cancel my COPR and refuse to enter Canada at this time?

Most the time they do not ask much question (99%), It is up to immigration officer if they want to ask that many questions or not, however they have power to over-ride any decision. I think if you are still employed with a company (doesn't matter you are on vacation or not - as long your work place recognised your are employed with them.). I would say do not answer whatever you do not need to. just answer whatever they ask you.

2) I am from visa-exemption country, meaning there is no visa on my passport. I have not landed yet, so that means my work permit is still valid, no?
It doesn't matter you are from a visa exempt country - the matter is your purpose to come to Canada. i would say consult with a immigration lawyer about this instead of asking public opinion about this question.

Prince_11

Jan 6, 2018
British Columbia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
It doesn't matter you are from a visa exempt country - the matter is your purpose to come to Canada. i would say consult with a immigration lawyer about this instead of asking public opinion about this question.
Most the time they do not ask much question (99%), It is up to immigration officer if they want to ask that many questions or not, however they have power to over-ride any decision. I think if you are still employed with a company (doesn't matter you are on vacation or not - as long your work place recognised your are employed with them.). I would say do not answer whatever you do not need to. just answer whatever they ask you.

Kaurman

Sep 20, 2018
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
14 Nov 2017
Med's Request
24 April 2018
Med's Done....
3 may 2018
Passport Req..
8 May 2019
My Gckey account shows..passport is dispatched yesterday and dispatched...any idea when Canada post gets activated??

ansarcrtni

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Category........
Other
My Gckey account shows..passport is dispatched yesterday and dispatched...any idea when Canada post gets activated??
When did you send your passport? Probably it will be inside the box somebody has to go and pick it up from there

Kaurman

Sep 20, 2018
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
14 Nov 2017
Med's Request
24 April 2018
Med's Done....
3 may 2018
Passport Req..
8 May 2019
When did you send your passport? Probably it will be inside the box somebody has to go and pick it up from there
Send on8th May and recieved by Ottawa 10th may