Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
You may travel with renewed passport along with the old one having valid visa. no need to re-issue visa on new one. While renewing the passport, must inform passport authorities that you have valid visa on the old one.

pakistani9 said:
Dear zahid1978,

What did you do for your situation, did you renew your passport before landing into Canada and if yes did you get re-issued visa on renewed passport or just traveled with both passports and same COPR?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
Jappu said:
Hello,

Can someone guide me please. I got Visa that is expiring on 19th July as my Passport is expiring on the same day. Since my passport is expiring; I renewed / re-issued my passport. I got new passport that states; old passport is closed and new is issued on 12th March. Now my concern is I am traveling to canada next month. Will there be any problem for me at airport?

Thanks.
Jappu.
Please don't be worried, I renwed my passport and visa was in my old passport which said cancelled.. I landed successfully.
which is quite normal,,, no one will ask you any thing...
be bold and confident in what you do.. Good luck

pakistani9

Oct 28, 2015
Thanks Kabby,

I have same issue that my passport and VISA have same expiry date after 3 months and even i am also planning to land next month. I raised this query with the local Canadian Embassy, they said the same to travel with both passports and same landing papers (COPR) but the London office say you need to re-issue visa on your new passport.

The Canadian Boarder Agency Rules also state that the renewed passport must be intact with the old one that has valid visa on it. The London Visa office responded back with a very different advise.

sunshinejan

Jul 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,
Can someone please help me with advice?

I have a passport that expires March 31st, 2016. All my certificates have this passport info and my EE profile as well.
I have received a notification from Ontario to apply for nomination. So I decided to get a new passport and apply with the new one.

My question is, will that be okay to apply with the new passport (and it is still valid through March), while my EE profile and certificates contain info of my previous passport?

Or maybe should I apply with the old one? Or send accompanying letter and explain?

What is the best way to make sure i don't get rejected because of this?

Thank in advance.

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
pakistani9 said:
Thanks Kabby,

I have same issue that my passport and VISA have same expiry date after 3 months and even i am also planning to land next month. I raised this query with the local Canadian Embassy, they said the same to travel with both passports and same landing papers (COPR) but the London office say you need to re-issue visa on your new passport.

The Canadian Boarder Agency Rules also state that the renewed passport must be intact with the old one that has valid visa on it. The London Visa office responded back with a very different advise.
the more you raise with CIC the more u complicate the situations..
for any international travel you need to have you passport validity for atleast 6months...
and its obvious u cant travel with the passport which has only 3 months validity..

our passports had only 3 months validity so they issued visa only for those 3 months, I renewed it and travelled.
all went fine..
so carry on.. u will be ok.

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
As far as I know.. there is no any 6 month restriction when we are moving Canada with PR status.

kabby said:
the more you raise with CIC the more u complicate the situations..
for any international travel you need to have you passport validity for atleast 6months...
and its obvious u cant travel with the passport which has only 3 months validity..

our passports had only 3 months validity so they issued visa only for those 3 months, I renewed it and travelled.
all went fine..
so carry on.. u will be ok.

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
khurrambhatti said:
As far as I know.. there is no any 6 month restriction when we are moving Canada with PR status.
yes that's for people who are settling there, not for someone who is doing a short landing...
its always advisable to travel overseas which has more than 6months validity in passports.
We have been asked to renew passport when we wanted to apply for the UK visit visa when the passport had only 3 months validity..

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
Such restriction is mostly applicable when applying/traveling with visit visa, not in our (PR) case.

kabby said:
yes that's for people who are settling there, not for someone who is doing a short landing...
its always advisable to travel overseas which has more than 6months validity in passports.
We have been asked to renew passport when we wanted to apply for the UK visit visa when the passport had only 3 months validity..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
khurrambhatti said:
Such restriction is mostly applicable when applying/traveling with visit visa, not in our (PR) case.
Well, IMO, these rules are country specific and most countries have this rule. IMO, when they say it has to be valid for 6 months, it has to be valid for 6 months irrespective of the visa you are traveling on.

Please let me know if anyone thinks otherwise!

NEO_2263

Star Member
Oct 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2014
Nomination.....
21 March 2015
AOR Received.
PROCESSING STARTED 08 jul 2015
Med's Request
09 july 2015
Med's Done....
14 jul 2015
Interview........
TLU - 24 july 2015 , DM 29 AUG.
Passport Req..
01 sept 2015
VISA ISSUED...
HOPEFULLY SOON..
LANDED..........
HOPEFULLY SOON
Hi Guys !!

Me & My spouse had similar situation , We got PR Visa issued until July 2016 Validity
We both got our passports Renewed , myself as few pages left and spouse Passport expiring in aug 2016 .

I inquired about same to New delhi Visa office and they asked us to return old COPR and OLD passport with visa , to get Visa Re issued on New passport and new COPR letters , Asked us to pay CAD $ 30 fee for both members , also strictly asked us not to travel untill modifications has been done as we might be refused entry .

Now i have got both passports renewed and have sent them old Passport , COPR and Photographs - Its 9 days and still waiting to get passports back with Visa on new passports ,

Below you can find the email response received from NEW DELHI VISA OFFICE , Hope this will end all confusion related to this Topic.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If you or a family member have modified personal information after the issuance of a visa, including if you have obtained a new passport, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application BEFORE you land in Canada, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)
Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- a processing fee of $30 CAD for re-issuance of previously issued visas for each family member
- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

If you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants
- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications
- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse or child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas may be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information, therefore it is important to submit all the passports and COPR’s for everyone included on the application.

Our office generally requires one week to process requests for visa re-issuance. However, if you are adding an additional family member then the processing time will take longer as the added family member will need to be examined and meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section, New Delhi -7
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada
www.india.gc.ca www.cic.gc.ca

Section de l’immigration, New Delhi
Haut commissariat du Canada dans Inde / Gouvernement du Canada
www.inde.gc.ca www.cic.gc.ca

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
London Visa Office also replied the same to me, but still one of my friend landed Canada with Visa on Old Passport.

Please read Para 13.18 at www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf04-eng.pdf

Immigration officer only concern with your Valid Visa, irrespective of New or Old passport

NEO_2263 said:
Hi Guys !!

Me & My spouse had similar situation , We got PR Visa issued until July 2016 Validity
We both got our passports Renewed , myself as few pages left and spouse Passport expiring in aug 2016 .

I inquired about same to New delhi Visa office and they asked us to return old COPR and OLD passport with visa , to get Visa Re issued on New passport and new COPR letters , Asked us to pay CAD $ 30 fee for both members , also strictly asked us not to travel untill modifications has been done as we might be refused entry .

Now i have got both passports renewed and have sent them old Passport , COPR and Photographs - Its 9 days and still waiting to get passports back with Visa on new passports ,

Below you can find the email response received from NEW DELHI VISA OFFICE , Hope this will end all confusion related to this Topic.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

If you or a family member have modified personal information after the issuance of a visa, including if you have obtained a new passport, you must request that a new visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) be issued. This includes if you have married or have a newborn child who was not included on your application at visa issuance.

If you do not request to include your spouse or child(ren) on your application BEFORE you land in Canada, you WILL NOT be able to sponsor them to Canada in the future. The newly added family member must meet the requirements and undergo medical and background examinations EVEN IF they are not accompanying the principal applicant to Canada.

If you applied under the Family Class, you must have a new spouse or child added to both the sponsorship in Canada (and pay the processing fee to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga) and to the permanent resident application being processed at the visa office overseas. In order to add a new dependant to a sponsorship, the sponsor must call in Canada 1-800-242-2210 and ask for the appropriate forms and instructions: (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp)
Do not attempt to travel on your visa and COPR until the modifications have been made or you may not be permitted entry at the Port of Entry in Canada.

You are required to submit:

- any documentary evidence of the modification;
- the original passports with visas for yourself (and all dependants);
- the Confirmation of Permanent Residence forms for yourself (and dependants);
- an updated or new passport with the new information for those people with modified information; and
- a processing fee of $30 CAD for re-issuance of previously issued visas for each family member
- Passport size photographs for yourself and each dependant

If you are adding a spouse or newborn child to your application, you will also be required to submit the following documents:

- a letter explaining how your family composition has changed and requesting that your spouse and/or child to be added to your application
- updated IMM0008 Generic Application Form and updated IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form for yourself to include your spouse and/or child
- A completed Schedule A Background Declaration form, and an IMM5406 “Additional Family Information” form completed and signed by your spouse
- If the spouse or child is accompanying you to Canada, processing fee for your spouse and/or other dependant
- notarized copy of the birth certificate of your spouse and/or child
- copies of experience and educational documents for your spouse
- copy of your spouse’s and/or child's valid passport (s) both valid and expired
- four recent passport-size photographs of your spouse and/or child according to the specifications
- a copy of your marriage certificate and marriage registration
- a few marriage photographs depicting pre and post wedding and also of the ceremony itself.
- police clearance certificates for any country in which your spouse has resided in for 6 months or more since turning 18 (see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/index.asp for more information)
- the Right of Permanent Residence Fee will need to be paid before a visa can be issued to your spouse (if accompanying you to Canada)
- you must return the passports and visas for persons where visas have been issued in order for us to proceed with processing your added dependants
- two additional recent passport-size photographs for each person with previously issued visas that must be cancelled, according to specifications
- if you applied as a Skilled worker - updated proof of funds for number of family members to now include added spouse and/or child
- a “Certificat de Sélection du Québec” for your spouse or child ( in his or her name), if you wish to immigrate to the province of Québec (http://www.micc.gouv.qc.ca/fr/index.asp)

Upon receipt of your request for visa re-issuance and the above mentioned documents and fees, our office will re-issue visas with the modified information. Please note that new visas may be issued for every family member, not just those with modified information, therefore it is important to submit all the passports and COPR’s for everyone included on the application.

Our office generally requires one week to process requests for visa re-issuance. However, if you are adding an additional family member then the processing time will take longer as the added family member will need to be examined and meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section, New Delhi -7
High Commission of Canada in India / Government of Canada
www.india.gc.ca www.cic.gc.ca

Section de l’immigration, New Delhi
Haut commissariat du Canada dans Inde / Gouvernement du Canada
www.inde.gc.ca www.cic.gc.ca

pakistani9

Oct 28, 2015
As per Canadian Boarder Agency Rules, both passports should be furnished upon landing, the VISA must be valid no matter the passport has been renewed. Mostly people suggest the same solution but i have never seen any person on this forum who accepted that he/she followed and landed without facing any trouble so keeping in mind I followed the outlined below option. However, the above solution also appears reasonable.

1) I renewed my passport
2) Sent the scanned copy to the London Office (Canadian VISA Office) by email
3) Submitted my both passports and original landing papers to the nearest Canadian Embassy for re-issuance of VISA on renewed passport
4) Received a confirmation email from London office that the details of the new passport have been updated and i must pay $ 30 CAD for updating the the records that i have paid.
5) At last now waiting for the Passport to be returned back by the nearest Canadian Embassy

I am also copying the email of London office with instructions which i followed.

Upon receipt of your renewed passport, please forward a copy to our office in London.

It is then requested that you submit your previous passport, visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence form, along with your new passport, to our office in (current residing country) as per the instructions in our attached letter.

Once our office in local office has received your documents, they will re-issue your permanent residence documents to reflect your new passport details.

All the best

engrted

Aug 19, 2015
pakistani9 said:
As per Canadian Boarder Agency Rules, both passports should be furnished upon landing, the VISA must be valid no matter the passport has been renewed. Mostly people suggest the same solution but i have never seen any person on this forum who accepted that he/she followed and landed without facing any trouble so keeping in mind I followed the outlined below option. However, the above solution also appears reasonable.

1) I renewed my passport
2) Sent the scanned copy to the London Office (Canadian VISA Office) by email
3) Submitted my both passports and original landing papers to the nearest Canadian Embassy for re-issuance of VISA on renewed passport
4) Received a confirmation email from London office that the details of the new passport have been updated and i must pay $ 30 CAD for updating the the records that i have paid.
5) At last now waiting for the Passport to be returned back by the nearest Canadian Embassy

I am also copying the email of London office with instructions which i followed.

Upon receipt of your renewed passport, please forward a copy to our office in London.

It is then requested that you submit your previous passport, visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence form, along with your new passport, to our office in (current residing country) as per the instructions in our attached letter.

Once our office in local office has received your documents, they will re-issue your permanent residence documents to reflect your new passport details.

All the best
how many days have you been waiting now for your new visa?