+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport renewed, Visa on Old Passport

mahsag

Jun 9, 2014
Urgent
Hi,
i have the same problem. I have immigration visa. my pass will be expired in 7 months when landing in Canada.I want to renew my pass but i have doubt that if I do this, will I have any problem entering canada since my visa is stamped on my old pass.URGENT

Best Regards
mahsa

C.R.S.

Sep 17, 2014
aspire said:
Captain Qorax Sir,

My manual passport expiry date is on September 2013. Before the PPR, I renewed my passport for the purpose of getting that electronic (machine redable) passport. When I got the PPR I sent both the old(cancelled) and my new passport. In cases like this, will this undergo any further process since the current passport is not having the same number as initially filed in the application? Will this cause delay of the return of our passport which was sent for PR visa stamping?
Another case, is the case of a friend, who renewed his passport before its expiry to get the machine readable type. When he got his PPR, He sent the new one, but did not send the old one. What will happen for cases like this? Thank you very much.
Hi Aspire,

I am currently in the Philippines waiting for PPR and in a dilemma what to do. My old passport was valid until 2019 but had a water smudge in the data page above my photo (cant blame the heavy rain here in the Philippines, my fault though) so i went to DFA to change my passport and was able to obtain a new one. Since the copy of the old passport number was the one submitted together with my application in Manila office i was wondering if i should send the old passport (cancelled passport) together with the New Passport once i receive PPR. But then i am worried if they will attached the visa to the old one that has the smudge (in which this passport is considered as somewhat a tampered passport referring to the cancelled passport) in which i might encounter a problem later.
I tried to send an email to manila office to make an update of my new Passport number and this is the reply i receive from them.-

Dear Applicant,

The application is in the final stages of processing. We do not require any additional documentation at this time and will be in touch with you directly, if necessary.

Although it is not possible for us at this time to commit to a specific timeframe for finalization, please rest assured that our office is processing this application diligently. Please note, it is advised that no travel plans be made by the applicant until our office has confirmed that travel documents are available.

Do you have any insight regarding this? And i have a questions as well. When you send your OLD and NEW Passport where did they attached your Visa, did they send back your Old and New Passport?

Many Thanks. God Bless.

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
mahsag said:
Urgent
Hi,
i have the same problem. I have immigration visa. my pass will be expired in 7 months when landing in Canada.I want to renew my pass but i have doubt that if I do this, will I have any problem entering canada since my visa is stamped on my old pass.URGENT

Best Regards
mahsa
No worries. Your old passport will be voided but the visas in the passport will be fine. You can use the visa in voided passport until the visa expires. So you will need to carry both your old and new passport when you travel. That's all.

zahid1978

Star Member
Jun 9, 2010
Karachi-Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO London Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Recd 23-01-14 & sent 20-2-14, RPRF requested 27/6/14 & received on 17/07/2014
Nomination.....
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
25-04-2013
IELTS Request
Yes
File Transfer...
13-03-2013
Med's Request
27-06-2014
Med's Done....
15-07-2014 now MashaAllah e-status "Medical received"
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 received 31 Jul 2014 & PPR2 received 19 Sep 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passports sent to ISB embassy on 22 Sep and visa received on 27 Sep 2014
LANDED..........
in Dec 2014 InshaAllah
namaste said:
No worries. Your old passport will be voided but the visas in the passport will be fine. You can use the visa in voided passport until the visa expires. So you will need to carry both your old and new passport when you travel. That's all.
Hi Guys

I got my PR visa with validity of 16 March 2015 and my plan to land in Canada in First week of Dec 2014. Problem is my spouse and mine passports are going to expire on 16 Mar 2015 too. I need to apply new passports before departure in Dec 2014 so is there any issue once we get renewed passports?
I am from Pakistan. Please advise.

sheikh958

Nov 26, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER:12-08-2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
21st August 2014
Interview........
Medical received: 27th August 2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 07-10-2014. Visa issued: 03-10-2014.
LANDED..........
15th November 2014
zahid1978 said:
Hi Guys

I got my PR visa with validity of 16 March 2015 and my plan to land in Canada in First week of Dec 2014. Problem is my spouse and mine passports are going to expire on 16 Mar 2015 too. I need to apply new passports before departure in Dec 2014 so is there any issue once we get renewed passports?
I am from Pakistan. Please advise.
it is better not to have a new passport before landing.

sheikh958

Nov 26, 2012
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER:12-08-2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
Med's Request
28th July 2014
Med's Done....
21st August 2014
Interview........
Medical received: 27th August 2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 07-10-2014. Visa issued: 03-10-2014.
LANDED..........
15th November 2014
C.R.S. said:
Hi Aspire,

I am currently in the Philippines waiting for PPR and in a dilemma what to do. My old passport was valid until 2019 but had a water smudge in the data page above my photo (cant blame the heavy rain here in the Philippines, my fault though) so i went to DFA to change my passport and was able to obtain a new one. Since the copy of the old passport number was the one submitted together with my application in Manila office i was wondering if i should send the old passport (cancelled passport) together with the New Passport once i receive PPR. But then i am worried if they will attached the visa to the old one that has the smudge (in which this passport is considered as somewhat a tampered passport referring to the cancelled passport) in which i might encounter a problem later.
I tried to send an email to manila office to make an update of my new Passport number and this is the reply i receive from them.-

Dear Applicant,

The application is in the final stages of processing. We do not require any additional documentation at this time and will be in touch with you directly, if necessary.

Although it is not possible for us at this time to commit to a specific timeframe for finalization, please rest assured that our office is processing this application diligently. Please note, it is advised that no travel plans be made by the applicant until our office has confirmed that travel documents are available.

Do you have any insight regarding this? And i have a questions as well. When you send your OLD and NEW Passport where did they attached your Visa, did they send back your Old and New Passport?

Many Thanks. God Bless.
as u already have a new passport u must submit the new one when u get ppr. i submitted only my new one to london visa office. before sending I emailed to VO asking whether should I send both or only the new one. however, u can make it sure by cse to ur vo.

C.R.S.

Sep 17, 2014
sheikh958 said:
as u already have a new passport u must submit the new one when u get ppr. i submitted only my new one to london visa office. before sending I emailed to VO asking whether should I send both or only the new one. however, u can make it sure by cse to ur vo.
Many Thanks sheikh958, This Helps alot . Appreciate it. Thanks Again

ahmedsisy

Star Member
Jan 2, 2014
what is best time to change name ? before landing or after ?

i had problems to change name of my child , so i sent file (application) with his passport with name i am willing to change !
i was advised to not change name before passport request because this would delay the process
my question is , what is the best time to change name ? before passport request ? or after permanent visa before landing? or after landing ?
and do i need to remake his passport with new name ? in this case the visa on old passport (with old name)will be valid or no ?
what if i will change name only without making new passport ? which name will be on the PR card ?

please advise

TR1234

Mar 27, 2013
Hi,

I have a valid multiple visa expiring in couple of month from now. However, my passport expiring soon. So, I got a new passport and applied for a new multiple visitor visa. The new application is still in process and has not get finalized yet. And for some reason, I have to travel to Canada very soon. So, I was wondering if I can travel with my current valid visa on old passport WHILE i have A NEW VISITOR VISA APPLICATION IN PROCESS?

Thanks

adhos

Star Member
Jul 22, 2014
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippine
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-11-2011 (PNP family referral)
Doc's Request.
15-7-2012
Nomination.....
1-5-2013
AOR Received.
10-7-2013
IELTS Request
15-03-2014
File Transfer...
20-08-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16/06/2015 PP sent by VFS Dhaka on 6/17/2015
VISA ISSUED...
June/2015 Passport reached Dhaka VFS on 5th Aug 2015
LANDED..........
----------
qorax said:
1. It shouldn't be a problem.
2. He's ought to send both the pps.

Qorax
Dear @Qorax

I'm currently waiting for passport request. pretty much at the last stage. SINP applicant.

My passport had only few months left so I renewed my passport last week and received my new passport with new number.

Do you think I should send a scanned copy of renewed passport to CIC along with old passport before I get the PPR aka passport request

or should I just wait till i get the PPR and send both old and new passport?

obviously the application has been initially filed with the old passport

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
A quick question related to this topic,

My wife (principal applicant) passport is going to expire on Aug, 2015. she have visa already stamped on this passport valid till 17 july 2015.

She is traveling on 29 june 2015, will there be any problems on Toronto airport since her visa and passport both are valid but the passport validity remaining is 40 days.

urgent advice needed.

Krunal6584

Star Member
Feb 14, 2014
Dear all, I need experts advice on my below concern.

I'm currently waiting for passport request after medical. pretty much at the last stage of FSWP 2014 applicant.

One of my passport page is slightly damaged so I want to renew my passport. However, i am confused to do it now before getting PPR request and send both passport when request come from visa office or renew it after visa stamped.
If i will do it now, will it effect to processing time ? obviously the application has been initially filed with the old passport.

I need your advise. So please help me.

shb

May 10, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Doc's Request.
Photo Request (18-02-15)
Nomination.....
18-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-06-2015 --> SLU 26-06-2015
Med's Done....
27-06-2015 --> Uploaded 30-06-2015 --> TLU 04-07-2015
Passport Req..
Request --> 14-07-15 PP submitted --> 03-08-15
VISA ISSUED...
Received pp with Maple Leaf :)
LANDED..........
Soon...
Krunal6584 said:
Dear all, I need experts advice on my below concern.

I'm currently waiting for passport request after medical. pretty much at the last stage of FSWP 2014 applicant.

One of my passport page is slightly damaged so I want to renew my passport. However, i am confused to do it now before getting PPR request and send both passport when request come from visa office or renew it after visa stamped.
If i will do it now, will it effect to processing time ? obviously the application has been initially filed with the old passport.

I need your advise. So please help me.
Well, to my knowledge, you cannot send a damaged pp for visa stamping.
When u get PPR, it is clearly mentioned in the "Passport Instructions"

"All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages"

You can seek further help from the forum members.
Regards

pakistani9

Oct 28, 2015
Dear zahid1978,

What did you do for your situation, did you renew your passport before landing into Canada and if yes did you get re-issued visa on renewed passport or just traveled with both passports and same COPR?

Please share your experience.

Thanks,