+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport dispatched but no counter foil update

whoa

Dec 8, 2021
Hello guys, Same thing happened to me too. Got the passport dispatch notification from FedEx but no counterfoil update on portal.

My medicals are expiring in May 2022. (So it has 5 months of validity). Should I be worried ?
Please advise.

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello guys, Same thing happened to me too. Got the passport dispatch notification from FedEx but no counterfoil update on portal.

My medicals are expiring in May 2022. (So it has 5 months of validity). Should I be worried ?
Please advise.
What happened in your case? Was visa stamped on your passport?
How long it took for gckey to get updated?

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
I'm in the similar situation. The same thing happened with my mother's passport. Her passport will be delivered tomorrow and then only will be able to check the VISA stamped or not. So far no update on IRCC.

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I'm in the similar situation. The same thing happened with my mother's passport. Her passport will be delivered tomorrow and then only will be able to check the VISA stamped or not. So far no update on IRCC.
Did you get email that passport has been dispatched?

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
I got my mother's passport today and VISA is stamped in it. Still no update on GCKey yet.

gautam199102

Oct 4, 2021
Same thing happened to my husband. His passport for SOWP has been dispatched on 2nd March but the GCKey has not been updated yet. Could you please share any information, what shall be done?

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Same thing happened to my husband. His passport for SOWP has been dispatched on 2nd March but the GCKey has not been updated yet. Could you please share any information, what shall be done?
After mom received her passport the GCKey was updated with the counterfoil number and the application status was changed to Approved. You don't need to do anything.

Reactions: EdmundDantes

gautam199102

Oct 4, 2021
After mom received her passport the GCKey was updated with the counterfoil number and the application status was changed to Approved. You don't need to do anything.
Could you please let me know approximately how long it took to update the GC KEY after the passport was dispatched?