+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
Congratulations.
-whats was your Ottawa receiving date?
-when did you recieve passport with COPR?
-Did you not get a letter alongwith it with instructions to return a signed copy and a pic for processing PR card?
Thanks!

Sent to Ottawa: 13 Mar
Approved: 30th Apr
Received: 1 May

I didn't get any letter mentioning to return a signed copy and a pic for processing PR card? I got my passport stamped and COPR. In COPR its mentioned if you are an inland applicant then two options. 1. Schedule an appointment with IRCC or 2. Go to Port of Entry. Considering the current COVID situation I think the 2nd one needs to eliminate. How to schedule appointment with IRCC?

RJain2020

Mar 29, 2020
According to other threads in this forum, You just have to wait for IRCC’s instructions. I would give a call to the Call Centre if you don’t get anything from them after a while.
So no step from my side? Do you know someone who has been contacted by IRCC for landing after COPR? Wanted to understand how they will contact like phone or email.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Thanks!

I didn't get any letter mentioning to return a signed copy and a pic for processing PR card? I got my passport stamped and COPR. In COPR its mentioned if you are an inland applicant then two options. 1. Schedule an appointment with IRCC or 2. Go to Port of Entry. Considering the current COVID situation I think the 2nd one needs to eliminate. How to schedule appointment with IRCC?
I read on another thread that someone recieved the letter I mentioned in my post. My suggestion is to submit a webform requesting for telephonic interview to formalise your landing formalities.
My parents passports were delivered to CPC-Ottawa on 19 March and am awaiting approval and return of PPs.

carmencarmen007

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Thanks!

Did you send from Canada or the US? Return tracker activated the same day case was approved?

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
So no step from my side? Do you know someone who has been contacted by IRCC for landing after COPR? Wanted to understand how they will contact like phone or email.
Normally, you would have to give a call to IRCC’s call centre to make an appointment for the landing interview. Since all in-person offices are closed due to COVID-19, IRCC states on its website that:

Landing appointments will be held by telephone, if possible
We cancelled all in-person permanent resident landing appointments until further notice. All landing appointments will be done by telephone whenever possible. Otherwise, we’ll reschedule them for later.

We’ll contact you by email to let you know when your phone appointment will be. Use the Web form if you need to update your contact information.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

However, apparently IRCC is skipping the landing interview and just confirming the PR status by email. I personally don't know anybody who got such confirmation email but some people reported receiving that email after reaching out to IRCC by web form in the thread below (you'll have to dig a little bit further into that thread to figure that out):

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/copr-and-coronavirus.681880/post-8605298

So, as @vermas mentioned above, I would say that we're still required to reach out to IRCC for scheduling an appointment and somehow they would get back to you regarding your landing either by phone or email.

Hope this helps!

dhruvxy

May 4, 2020
hi guys... I received Ready for Visa email on March 13th but due to Corona virus I was unable to send my passport and photographs.. I am based out of US... I have to send my documents to CPC OTTAWA office... I thought they are still not functioning and hence did not send my documents. Are they open and should I send my documents ASAP?

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
hi guys... I received Ready for Visa email on March 13th but due to Corona virus I was unable to send my passport and photographs.. I am based out of US... I have to send my documents to CPC OTTAWA office... I thought they are still not functioning and hence did not send my documents. Are they open and should I send my documents ASAP?
CPC-Ottawa is open with minimal staff but are processing documents. You should send yours ASAP.

Reactions: dhruvxy

AR27

Feb 6, 2020
For those waiting for their passports, is your application timeline 100% complete? My status timeline became 100% over the weekend and now it says
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process.

Reactions: shireendeshmukh

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
For those waiting for their passports, is your application timeline 100% complete? My status timeline became 100% over the weekend and now it says
Your application is taking us longer than usual to process. About 20% of our applications are more complex to process.
Your 180 days might have ended over weekend after the AOR date. It's generic msg starts reflecting afterwards if your application is still active.

Reactions: AR27

shireendeshmukh

Star Member
Jul 23, 2018
I think you should contact Client Support Center since 30 days would have been crossed by now. You might need extension based on it.

El_Brujo81

Sep 4, 2019
See below:

Permanent residence applications that we’re still processing
Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include

• submitting your passport or supporting documents, such as a police certificate
  • completing an immigration medical exam
No application in progress will be closed or refused because of documents missing due to COVID-19. We’ll automatically give you 90 days to complete these steps. Once you’re able to, complete the steps as soon as possible to avoid delays.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

It's been almost 60 days since you received your Passport Request email. (PPR). You should submit your documents ASAP.