+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COPR and coronavirus

schandrika

Jun 26, 2019
My COPR is expiring on 8th August, India has extended lockdown till May 17th.No idea when it will improve. Should I raise the webform or wait a little longer?

Also, my husband is in NY. I am the primary applicant. Is it sufficient if just I raise a webform or he has to raise one as well?

Ali99947

Feb 24, 2019
Yes Ali exemptions are axtive for all COPR Holders. But commercial flights are still unavailable. Where will you settle in?
I have not decided where to settle, it will depend on where I find a job. My attempts at applying remotely have not bore any fruit. My initial plan is to first move in with my father's friend in Toronto and then start looking from there.

Samar2012

Nov 7, 2018
Category........
AINP
I received an email today from ircc etobicoke:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.
If you do not have a (CoPR), please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your permanent resident card once we receive it.
We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period.
We are making every effort to produce and mail your permanent resident card, but there will be delays as our offices are either closed or working at minimum capacity. Issuance of permanent resident cards should gradually resume as COVID-19 related restrictions are eased.

For those who received this, do we have to sign ircc copy of the copr or no need? I will only send ircc copy plus 1 photo to the address of etobicoke ircc. We need to keep the client copy right?
Hi , a I also received the Same mail , do we need to sign copr or no need?

Samar2012

Nov 7, 2018
Category........
AINP
Guys, just got an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings, said that

"Good day, we are pleased to inform you that you are now permanent resident(s) of Canada. Attached, you will find a letter/letters confirming permanent residence status for you /and your family. We kindly ask that you read the letter carefully and follow the instructions concerning obtaining your permanent residence card(s) as well as applying for other government services. Congratulations and we wish you every success in your future in Canada! Please note that if you have a MY-CIC online account you may receive this letter twice. *** IRCC-Etobicoke – Landings Unit*** "

Is this legit? it's not from the generic CIC email address, but from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings@cic.gc.ca

Did any of you receive something like this?
Hi I also received the same mail, do we need to sign the sign the copr which we sending them or not

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
Hi i m new to this forum but it was a great place to find a lot of information.

My situation:
My copr will be expiring on June 18 2020 currently in US. I have received a job offer but it is pending because of the COVID issue. I am planning to arrive canada in first week of June.

1) Going by road: I spoke to CBSA today stating that COPR is about to expire. She informed me that at all the land border crossings immigration is currently withheld. She insisted not to travel. I then explained her that IRCC Web-form response was they cannot offer an extension since travel is allowed from USA to Canada. So she asked me to carry that email if i am crossing border by land. Is this true??? Anyone denied of extensions from USA?? Anyone crossed border by land??

2) Going by flight: I spoke to 2 of my friends who traveled to Toronto last week. They were able to complete the process and were mandated a 14 day self quarantine asking for all the hotel booking for next 14 days. But he said all the offices for SIN processing are closed.

Any suggestion to apply extension via another web-form and wait for land borders to open???. I can see going by flight is a better option but wanted to know if anyone crossed border via land. Otherwise i have to deal with lot of things before moving.

Thanks in advance.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
All you can do is request and extension and wait until your mother’s COPR expires. After expiry it may take a few weeks to get the extension email. Would assume the May 17th flight will be cancelled.
Spot on, it was cancelled couple of days ago.

The worry rather is about timely extension. Avoiding medicals would be a boon, since COVD19 is here to stay and exposure to medical facilities will be silly, thus must be avoided, specially for seniors. :)

Reactions: Canaspirant xyz

raxx.cater

Star Member
Sep 21, 2019
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-05-2019
Doc's Request.
08-01-2020
AOR Received.
30-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
04-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2020
LANDED..........
14-05-2020
Hi i m new to this forum but it was a great place to find a lot of information.

My situation:
My copr will be expiring on June 18 2020 currently in US. I have received a job offer but it is pending because of the COVID issue. I am planning to arrive canada in first week of June.

1) Going by road: I spoke to CBSA today stating that COPR is about to expire. She informed me that at all the land border crossings immigration is currently withheld. She insisted not to travel. I then explained her that IRCC Web-form response was they cannot offer an extension since travel is allowed from USA to Canada. So she asked me to carry that email if i am crossing border by land. Is this true??? Anyone denied of extensions from USA?? Anyone crossed border by land??

2) Going by flight: I spoke to 2 of my friends who traveled to Toronto last week. They were able to complete the process and were mandated a 14 day self quarantine asking for all the hotel booking for next 14 days. But he said all the offices for SIN processing are closed.

Any suggestion to apply extension via another web-form and wait for land borders to open???. I can see going by flight is a better option but wanted to know if anyone crossed border via land. Otherwise i have to deal with lot of things before moving.

Thanks in advance.
That's what I heard too for land borders. Few who tried to cross were also told on call by CBSA that they are processing COPR, but on reaching the border they refused considering it as Non-essential.
Even I was initially planning for land crossing, but after reading multiple reviews, I planned to travel via air.

whyCorona

Champion Member
Mar 17, 2020
I have not raised any webform with IRCC yet and today I got an email from them stating that if you plan to settle in Canada than you are encouraged to travel but if you cannot travel just raise a webform.
So I guess, there is no need to panic or travel in rush.
Uncertainty is making us to panic. Rest is all good. Thanks for update tho.

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
I have not raised any webform with IRCC yet and today I got an email from them stating that if you plan to settle in Canada than you are encouraged to travel but if you cannot travel just raise a webform.
So I guess, there is no need to panic or travel in rush.
Yeah i received the same email today and it mentions you are encouraged to travel to canada if your COPR is expiring soon. It states you can do that via air or land. But when you call IRCC it says all the immigration is cancelled. So frustrating with different departments mentioning different things.

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Uncertainty is making us to panic. Rest is all good. Thanks for update tho.
Agreed but I think if we do not plan to settle rite away,we can wait and see how the situation evolves. They will not penalize for not travelling before COPR expiry.

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
That's what I heard too for land borders. Few who tried to cross were also told on call by CBSA that they are processing COPR, but on reaching the border they refused considering it as Non-essential.
Even I was initially planning for land crossing, but after reading multiple reviews, I planned to travel via air.
I have found an interesting scenario. If you apply for COPR extension and if it is approved. we will be asked to do our medicals again. Once we do the medicals and send out our passport for re stamping. I heard you will get another year of extension from the date of new medicals.

Is this valid?? If so it will be a great option.

UsakaurB

Star Member
Feb 3, 2020
Yeah i received the same email today and it mentions you are encouraged to travel to canada if your COPR is expiring soon. It states you can do that via air or land. But when you call IRCC it says all the immigration is cancelled. So frustrating with different departments mentioning different things.
I don't think that immigration is cancelled.It clearly says if you are approved and plan to settle, you can travel. So if that's the case you should go ahead with your plan.

premprem2007

May 1, 2020
I don't think that immigration is cancelled.It clearly says if you are approved and plan to settle, you can travel. So if that's the case you should go ahead with your plan.
Not in the email but when u call them on 1-888-242-2100 in the options it says all appointments are cancelled.