+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

nmadira1

May 31, 2022
Hi, I'm requesting an extension because I have to fly to India in a month for my wedding. Anyone else have experience with requesting an extension?
What might be the risk of mailing the passport nearly a month before I am set to fly?

Hotscotch

Aug 5, 2020
Hi guys, I received my PPR today. I am staying in the US and am going to leave my current apartment in the next two weeks and will be traveling. Can I use my friend's mailing address in the Annex A with my name and generate the return label with his address? Will this work?

Last edited:

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Am I missing something here?

All they have to do is put the stamped passport in the envelope that I sent, put the label + customs papers on the pouch outside and have Fedex pick it up with same day service. Why should this process take multiple days after stamping?

• Haha
Reactions: WPGBound

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
Does anybody here applied for PR while in the US? I just received my PPR on 6/3/22, but I have a flight that was already booked on July 3 in which I need my passport to travel. My concern is if my passport will be returned back on time if I sent it out immediately. Thanks to anyone who can provide information!

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Does anybody here applied for PR while in the US? I just received my PPR on 6/3/22, but I have a flight that was already booked on July 3 in which I need my passport to travel. My concern is if my passport will be returned back on time if I sent it out immediately. Thanks to anyone who can provide information!
In this thread - and others like it - you'll see a lot of people applying from the US. You can do overnight FedEx or UPS shipping both ways (at a cost of $100-150+), and then you're in the hands of IRCC to handle it. From what I've read people are waiting on average 1-3 weeks for IRCC to do their thing.

So, in your case, it does seem a tad risky. But if everything goes smoothly and you sent out your package tomorrow, it seems *likely* but not *certain* you'd get your passport back before July 3.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I've applied for so many visas in my lifetime and none, and I mean none, took more that one week for stamping.... except this.

If there is one step of the process which the IRCC should absolutely not delay on, it's stamping original passports. It's ridiculous that in some cases it's taking more than a month (not often in Ottawa but seems to be standard in the NYC VO). Absolutely shambolic.

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
In this thread - and others like it - you'll see a lot of people applying from the US. You can do overnight FedEx or UPS shipping both ways (at a cost of $100-150+), and then you're in the hands of IRCC to handle it. From what I've read people are waiting on average 1-3 weeks for IRCC to do their thing.

So, in your case, it does seem a tad risky. But if everything goes smoothly and you sent out your package tomorrow, it seems *likely* but not *certain* you'd get your passport back before July 3.
Thanks for the response.

Does anyone know the number of the embassy that I can put when mailing it, UPS is insisting that their telephone number is needed to ship the mail overseas. Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks!

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Thanks for the response.

Does anyone know the number of the embassy that I can put when mailing it, UPS is insisting that their telephone number is needed to ship the mail overseas. Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks!
IRCC specifically tells you not to do that and instead put your number/email there. If the store insists, just print the label yourself. Follow these steps - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-passport-from-usa-to-canada.507934/post-10083836

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Thanks for the response.

I believe you should put your own phone number and email address. I based that off the info on this page (and other peoples' post in these forums - just read back a few pages in some of these threads).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html