+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
Hey, would you mind taking a screen shot of the area within GCKey showing the COPR no (while blurring out the number)?
My application is approved for over almost a week now but I am not seeing the COPR no or anything else. Thank you!
For me, there was no COPR number - just the document number (the visa number for the PR visa issued to those who need it to enter). You probably don't have it because you're exempt. Perhaps ask someone who sent their packet without their passport.

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
Anyone among here who receive ghost update (that thing where your case is seen to be updated but no changes that you see on your end) on their case account? I got an update today, but nothing happen on my case. Just curious if you also encounter the same.

I'm becoming more worried as my travel date closes by. I feel the agony of others who are in the same boat as me.

rolex06

Jun 9, 2022
Have you tried to reach them out via their Web Form to ask for an update (though, I'm not sure how long before they will respond)? Have you also checked your online account whether your COPR No. has come up or not? Mine just got updated yesterday.
I sent couple of web forms till now. Haven't got response to any of them till now. Is there anyway to contact CPC Ottawa office directly? I have an international travel coming up and need my passport.

bosma_pol

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Congrats! This is great news. Thanks also for sharing the email, I tried to send an email to them hopefully I will get a response too.

Can you share your timeline from the time you receive PPR?
I got PPR on 5/2, passport delivered to CPC-Ottawa on 5/12, wrong photos email on 5/17, new photos sent on 5/21, delivered to 5/25, COPR printed on 6/3, App approved in GCKey 6/4, Mailed on 6/10, Delivered 6/14

bosma_pol

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
@ImpatientAlligator @bosma_pol , did you also experienced a long silence (like a weer or 2) before your return parcel got activated? Just want to see if there's commonality after they received our paspport.
Not here, it was all pretty swift.

There was less than a week between when the new photos were delivered and the COPR printed. Exactly one week between the COPR being printed and it being mailed back.

Last edited:
Reactions: pheejhay10

moelga

Jan 19, 2020
I am exactly in the same situation. Sent from US to VFS in NY. Got PPR on May 10. I have travel plan for June 20th. I am still waiting to hear back from IRCC and hoping I will not have to reschedule travel and ruin my vacation plan ... I would suggest you request an extension for a month or so (if that is enough for your travel). If not, try to reschedule your travel because IRCC processing of passports seems to be very random .. it is too risky to rely on them returning passports on time ..
So to give those in a similar situation an update. We have finally received our passports and COPR.
One really important point I want to share. Since our PPR on May 10th and sending the passports, we heard absolutely nothing from IRCC with our different follow up attempts (calls, web form, email). In fact they were confirming all is good and we only need to wait.

However, there was an entry on the application where it said 'Your action is required' and when looking at the documents link there was a request for an updated passport and it was due June 10th. We did not receive any message about it and were very worried with the long silence. We ignored that document request because there were multiple places in that page requesting for documents to be updated. And the "Your action is required" message was something we always ignored because it is not accurate (In fact, even after we are approved, it still says 'Your action is required'). However, on the due date we recalled the passport we sent is a new one different from what they last have in the system so it makes sense that an updated version is needed in the system.

At the last moment we decided to upload the passport on Friday June 10th. Tuesday June 14th we get the confirmation the application is completed. Today, June 15th we receive them :) . Now only waiting for the landing plan and procedures. Hopefully no more bad surprises!! And wishing you all best of luck.

Reactions: pheejhay10

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
So to give those in a similar situation an update. We have finally received our passports and COPR.
One really important point I want to share. Since our PPR on May 10th and sending the passports, we heard absolutely nothing from IRCC with our different follow up attempts (calls, web form, email). In fact they were confirming all is good and we only need to wait.

However, there was an entry on the application where it said 'Your action is required' and when looking at the documents link there was a request for an updated passport and it was due June 10th. We did not receive any message about it and were very worried with the long silence. We ignored that document request because there were multiple places in that page requesting for documents to be updated. And the "Your action is required" message was something we always ignored because it is not accurate (In fact, even after we are approved, it still says 'Your action is required'). However, on the due date we recalled the passport we sent is a new one different from what they last have in the system so it makes sense that an updated version is needed in the system.

At the last moment we decided to upload the passport on Friday June 10th. Tuesday June 14th we get the confirmation the application is completed. Today, June 15th we receive them :) . Now only waiting for the landing plan and procedures. Hopefully no more bad surprises!! And wishing you all best of luck.
Congratulations! Glad to hear that you receive your passport right before your trip.

Would you mind sharing your timeline? From when you received PPR, send it to CPC, receive the approval, etc.?

moelga

Jan 19, 2020
Congratulations! Glad to hear that you receive your passport right before your trip.

Would you mind sharing your timeline? From when you received PPR, send it to CPC, receive the approval, etc.?
Thanks.
PPR : May 10
Passports sent to VFS (New York): May 11
Passports received at CPC: May 13
Approval: June 14
Passports Received (Fedex Overnight): June 15.

Hope this helps!