+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

bosma_pol

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
PPR: 17th May
Passport received at CPCO: 18th May
Counterfoil and Approval: 1st June
Return tracker activated: 6th June
Hey, when did the counterfoil appear in your GCKey?

My application as approved on June 4 but no sign of a COPR or counterfoil in my profile. The tracker is not activated either.

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Yeah, perhaps it does not show up as I am from a visa-exempt country. I suppose the counterfoil refers to the visa sticker.
Final waiting...
Interesting - I wonder if your hypothesis is the case. I'm also from a visa-exempt country so I'll reply here when I hopefully receive my approval soon.

moelga

Jan 19, 2020
Does anybody here applied for PR while in the US? I just received my PPR on 6/3/22, but I have a flight that was already booked on July 3 in which I need my passport to travel. My concern is if my passport will be returned back on time if I sent it out immediately. Thanks to anyone who can provide information!
I am exactly in the same situation. Sent from US to VFS in NY. Got PPR on May 10. I have travel plan for June 20th. I am still waiting to hear back from IRCC and hoping I will not have to reschedule travel and ruin my vacation plan ... I would suggest you request an extension for a month or so (if that is enough for your travel). If not, try to reschedule your travel because IRCC processing of passports seems to be very random .. it is too risky to rely on them returning passports on time ..

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
I am exactly in the same situation. Sent from US to VFS in NY. Got PPR on May 10. I have travel plan for June 20th. I am still waiting to hear back from IRCC and hoping I will not have to reschedule travel and ruin my vacation plan ... I would suggest you request an extension for a month or so (if that is enough for your travel). If not, try to reschedule your travel because IRCC processing of passports seems to be very random .. it is too risky to rely on them returning passports on time ..
I wish I can do that, but I am on an H1B visa and my Maximum Physical Stay in the US can't be extended so I really have no choice to move my travel date. I took the risk of sending my passport last Monday (6/6) and today (6/8)my passport arrived at them, I'm just hoping that they will attend to my request of processing it urgently (I added a letter and a copy of my flight itinerary). Now I am crossing my fingers, including my toes if it will return back on time.

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
My parcel was signed for by Grenier at CPCO last Wednesday by about 11am local time. 7 days later and still no movement.

ImpatientAlligator

Sep 7, 2021
I wish I can do that, but I am on an H1B visa and my Maximum Physical Stay in the US can't be extended so I really have no choice to move my travel date. I took the risk of sending my passport last Monday (6/6) and today (6/8)my passport arrived at them, I'm just hoping that they will attend to my request of processing it urgently (I added a letter and a copy of my flight itinerary). Now I am crossing my fingers, including my toes if it will return back on time.
In the worst case, you can extend your stay by filing an I539 form for change of status to B2.

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
My parcel was signed for by Grenier at CPCO last Wednesday by about 11am local time. 7 days later and still no movement.
I checked (well, it was actually my wife) my account just now and the COPR No. was updated and reflected, it seems like they processed my account immediately, my parcel arrived today. Not sure if the letter inside and the note I added outside my parcel helped to prioritize it. I will update here when the returning parcel has moved.

WPGBound

Star Member
May 12, 2020
I checked (well, it was actually my wife) my account just now and the COPR No. was updated and reflected, it seems like they processed my account immediately, my parcel arrived today. Not sure if the letter inside and the note I added outside my parcel helped to prioritize it. I will update here when the returning parcel has moved.
Awesome! Unlike you - I'm in no hurry - glad to hear that happened so quickly for you!

Reactions: pheejhay10

moelga

Jan 19, 2020
Congratulations! Did you send this through VFS? Where do you see the COPR #? We are getting anxious and running out of time and I am hoping we get the passports processed and sent back by the travel date...

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
Congratulations! Did you send this through VFS? Where do you see the COPR #? We are getting anxious and running out of time and I am hoping we get the passports processed and sent back by the travel date...
No, I sent mine to the Ottawa office (365 Laurier Ave). I see my COPR# on my online account, it was updated today. I understand your anxiety, it is awful to sit and wait, and can't do anything to speed up the process.

rolex06

Jun 9, 2022
Hi, I sent my passport from US to CPC-Ottawa on April 24. I still haven't received any response nor got any confirmation email on receipt of my passport. Did anyone receive COPR recently? It's frustrating being in a foreign country without a passport.

pheejhay10

Jun 3, 2022
Hi, I sent my passport from US to CPC-Ottawa on April 24. I still haven't received any response nor got any confirmation email on receipt of my passport. Did anyone receive COPR recently? It's frustrating being in a foreign country without a passport.
Have you tried to reach them out via their Web Form to ask for an update (though, I'm not sure how long before they will respond)? Have you also checked your online account whether your COPR No. has come up or not? Mine just got updated yesterday.

bosma_pol

Star Member
Dec 5, 2020
Have you tried to reach them out via their Web Form to ask for an update (though, I'm not sure how long before they will respond)? Have you also checked your online account whether your COPR No. has come up or not? Mine just got updated yesterday.
Hey, would you mind taking a screen shot of the area within GCKey showing the COPR no (while blurring out the number)?
My application is approved for over almost a week now but I am not seeing the COPR no or anything else. Thank you!