+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

arun3204

Mar 24, 2023
Hey sorry I missed this. On Mar 17, I got an email asking for an updated commercial invoice since mine didn’t seem to be complete. I sent it the same day, but no updates since then again. Been over a month since I sent my passport in :/
Thanks for replying.
did they say what was wrong with commercial invoice?

Also, was fedex tracker updated for you?

Zezima

Mar 14, 2023
Thanks for replying.
did they say what was wrong with commercial invoice?

Also, was fedex tracker updated for you?
I think the person at FedEx that helped me put in the commercial invoice for the outgoing package only, not for the return envelope. No update on the tracker yet. 34 days and counting

perseus_r

Star Member
Oct 19, 2022
Category........
FSW
Hi all, I received my RFV a few days ago and I am in the process of preparing the packet for CPC-O as instructed by RFV. I am currently residing in the U.S.

I've created both labels (both to and return labels) through FedEx and I particularly did not leave any contact information related to CPC-O since the email specifically instructed me to do so. Is that ok? Others previously shared they left their US cell phone numbers instead, is that also ok?

Also about the commercial invoice, I only declared a $1 value for the documents for both shipping. I realized the onward shipping (to CPC-O), I am supposed to sign the invoice as the exporter. However, I am not sure whether I should also sign the return invoice as well since the exporter's name is under CPC-O. Any recommendations for this?

Thanks!

HimaniMKB

Mar 30, 2023
Hey folks - Thanks for updating with you cases.

My timeline:
March 3: Sent the passport by Fedex
March 6: Delivered to CPC Ottawa (Signed by Joe J.)

No update since then. I am worried now, as there is no update on the portal since the delivery.

Anyone in the same boat?
Hey Any update? Mine is same situation…. Passport delivered to CPC-O on 2nd March but no updates since. Funny thing that i received my PR card yesterday via mail but concerned for my passport now.

xtwang1996

Jan 19, 2023
Hey Any update? Mine is same situation…. Passport delivered to CPC-O on 2nd March but no updates since. Funny thing that i received my PR card yesterday via mail but concerned for my passport now.
Looking at your timeline, I am also feeling worried. It looks like they have a passport delay in March. My passport is delivered for a week now and no update yet.

Please keep updating, thanks!

Zezima

Mar 14, 2023
It’s been 12 days since my counterfoil was issued and still no update on the fedex tracker and I can’t reach IRCC after sending 3 emails. Starting to get worried… anyone in a similar spot?

Timeline:
Feb 22: passport sent from US
Feb 23: received in Ottawa
Feb 27: tracker updated saying passport received
Mar 2: counterfoil issued on portal
Mar 9: IRCC tracker was updated, status is now “closed”

Nothing since…
Still no new updates, other than new commercial invoice requested on Mar 17 which I sent to them the same day. No FedEx tracker update yet.

Zezima

Mar 14, 2023
Did you try to contact them? Their email address is not accepting new emails now...
Have sent several emails and web forms. Thankfully I don’t have any major travel plans coming up so not too stressed, but still very annoying not having my passport for over a month now.

feanor13

Dec 20, 2022
Been following this thread so I just wanted to share my timeline as well from my recent experience with CPC-Ottawa. Thankfully it was a smooth process with relatively fast turnaround:

Timeline:
Feb 16: Received PPR
Feb 24: Sent a WebForm asking for an extension because I was out of the country for 2 weeks
Feb 24 - March 16 : No response from IRCC! :)
March 17: Passport sent from US
March 20: Received in Ottawa
March 23: Tracker updated saying passport received
March 24: Counterfoil issued on portal
March 27: IRCC tracker updated to status “closed”
March 30: Passport received by me

If you are about to send in your passport or waiting for your passport to arrive, I know it could be challenging -- but hang in there, you have finished the difficult part of getting approved for PR, and I am sure the remaining steps will work out.

Last edited:

xtwang1996

Jan 19, 2023
Thank you for sharing your timelines. Here is mine, and I will keep updating it:

Mar 22: RFV
Mar 23: Passport sent from the US through FedEx
Mar 24: Passport delivered at Ottawa, signed by R. ROSEE
Mar 30: Tracker updated saying passport received
Mar 31: Case approved in portal and counterfoil generated

Last edited:

xtwang1996

Jan 19, 2023
Been following this thread so I just wanted to share my timeline as well from my recent experience with CPC-Ottawa. Thankfully it was a smooth process with relatively fast turnaround:

Timeline:
Feb 24: Sent a WebForm asking for an extension because I was out of the country for 2 weeks

If you are about to send in your passport or waiting for your passport to arrive, I know it could be challenging -- but hang in there, you have finished the difficult part of getting approved for PR, and I am sure the remaining steps will work out.
Thank you for sharing! May I ask when is your returned label get activated?

Mar 28, 2023

Timeline:

Hi Do we get any email notifications when counterfoil is issued on portal or we need to login to IRCC portal to check in?