+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Delivered at CPC Ottawa and Waiting for COPR ----- come in here, keep each other updated.

BrandonChang

Jan 5, 2021
hi all,
does anyone happen to know the procedure to call back the passport from CPC Ottawa (citing a case of emergency/ urgency)?

My passport has been sitting with them since November 1st week and I'm not able to get any updates.
Please help
I think if you call them they should tell you the procedure? (Assuming they have such a procedure.) So my question is what is their phone number? I got a number by searching on Google for calling outside of Canada, but it's kind of weird because it's listed on University of Toronto's website instead of IRCC. It's +1 613 944 4000. If someone can confirm it's legit I will call them tomorrow during business hours to at least confirm they have my passport...

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
hi all,
does anyone happen to know the procedure to call back the passport from CPC Ottawa (citing a case of emergency/ urgency)?

My passport has been sitting with them since November 1st week and I'm not able to get any updates.
Please help
my friend raise a webform in the past request to call back the passport. it is prior to covid, only took 2 days i recall....

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
I think if you call them they should tell you the procedure? (Assuming they have such a procedure.) So my question is what is their phone number? I got a number by searching on Google for calling outside of Canada, but it's kind of weird because it's listed on University of Toronto's website instead of IRCC. It's +1 613 944 4000. If someone can confirm it's legit I will call them tomorrow during business hours to at least confirm they have my passport...
Assuming you have a Canadian number(you can get one via apps like textnow for free), Here is IRCC phone number: +1 888-242-2100

Reactions: ampar

Grug

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Good afteroon all,

Just wondering if there is anyone else here who is inland and submitted their passport (or photocopies in my case) and photos to Ottawa and got their COPR back in a reasonable time? I see a few outland USA applicants with the same delivery date got approved last week, but I'm currently sitting at 11 days since delivery and no update:

Decision made on ECAS: 28 Nov 2020
Ready for Visa email: 30 Nov 2020
Package arrived at CPC Ottawa: 4 Dec 2020

From what I can tell, most other inland applicants in my stream did not get a Ready for Visa email; just received their COPR directly by email or GCKey. I originally applied from outland, so that is probably why, but I'm just wondering whether I've ended up in the wrong process and I should be getting my COPR from Vancouver (my local) and not Ottawa.

Cheers,
Grug
Finally!!! MyCIC just changed to approved and I can see the COPR details in there. Nothing in ECAS and no return tracker activated yet. Almost there....

Grug

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Congratulations! Looks like people have vastly different processing times.
Definitely. Seems like US residents get a reasonable turnaround, but inland are lower priority, especially if you only sent a photocopy, not actual passports. But who knows, really.....how do you spell dysfunctional? I-R-C-C.

guruguru1989

Star Member
Nov 28, 2019
Definitely. Seems like US residents get a reasonable turnaround, but inland are lower priority, especially if you only sent a photocopy, not actual passports. But who knows, really.....how do you spell dysfunctional? I-R-C-C.
cong!, so you were outland before now switch to inland and submit the passport to Ottawa?

is my understanding correct? Congratulations on the approval!

sam512

Jul 31, 2019
my spouse is in US, the passport is stuck in ottawa since november first week

• Wow
Reactions: hopefulnewbie

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
my spouse is in US, the passport is stuck in ottawa since november first week
This is really pathetic, every stage of the process is just so slow and inefficient. They gave a deadline to submit the passport and here they are taking forever for check and process it. This is a passport for God's sake!!

divyasajjan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
United States of America
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2019
Doc's Request.
30-10-2019
Nomination.....
13-11-2019
AOR Received.
09-01-2020
File Transfer...
09-01-2020
Med's Request
20-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-01-2020
Passport Req..
19-10-2020
Hi, I sent my passports in October. No updates yet. Seems like there is no update to my medicals also although it’s past the deadline. Not sure what’s happening. Anyone got COPR recently?

Grug

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Category........
PNP
Finally!!! MyCIC just changed to approved and I can see the COPR details in there. Nothing in ECAS and no return tracker activated yet. Almost there....
....and I'm all done!! Got an email for account update this morning and there the COPRs were. My days of stalking MyCIC and ECAS are finally over. Best of luck to everyone. Now for the PR card wait.....

Reactions: Pray4PR247