Passport Req..
21-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
31-12-2015
LANDED..........
16-01-2016
toronto30 said:
Hello everyone
We received the passport with immigrant visa and COPR for my mom today from CPC -Ottawa,ending the long 6 years journey. :D :D :D
I wish everyone best of luck and thanks to all members for their kind and good
Advice.
Toronto30
congrats Toronto 30, wish you a happy life ahead with your loved ones.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
starzibal said:
i dont know you can try that but whatever you want to do do it quick act fast, ASAP, send letter to embassy, email and call cic, email your MP, use whatever means you have on your disposal.
i suspect that there may have been a miscommunication from both side, either your lawyer misunderstood or you.
i also wonder that you were a frequent user of this forum and probably know all the scenario and cases here so why didnt you ask any of senior users here or even after your sent that letter?
I called cic call center. 1st agent told me that even if her age was locked at 21 she still has to show proof of continuous studies. After few minutes I called again and spoke to other agent, she told me exactly what you said that she is still considered dependant and that I should email the visa office asap and let them know about this mistake. So I emailed the visa office delhi today. I have no idea when will they reply? Do u have any idea? Its an urgent issue. Do they take their sweet time replying?..they have no sent medical....they were supposed to send for her even if she was unaccompanying becoz on file they can see that her age is locked.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
starzibal said:
i dont know you can try that but whatever you want to do do it quick act fast, ASAP, send letter to embassy, email and call cic, email your MP, use whatever means you have on your disposal.
i suspect that there may have been a miscommunication from both side, either your lawyer misunderstood or you.
i also wonder that you were a frequent user of this forum and probably know all the scenario and cases here so why didnt you ask any of senior users here or even after your sent that letter?
Hi,
I wonder once the visa is issued, how much time the applicant has to travel to canada? Till the medical expiry date? Or there is someother standered timeline for everyone?

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
farah242 said:
I called cic call center. 1st agent told me that even if her age was locked at 21 she still has to show proof of continuous studies. After few minutes I called again and spoke to other agent, she told me exactly what you said that she is still considered dependant and that I should email the visa office asap and let them know about this mistake. So I emailed the visa office delhi today. I have no idea when will they reply? Do u have any idea? Its an urgent issue. Do they take their sweet time replying?..they have no sent medical....they were supposed to send for her even if she was unaccompanying becoz on file they can see that her age is locked.
when you email did you write URGENT in the subject line? if not then re-send again with urgent. if you write urgent they will reply in 48 hours else they will reply in 30 days
also send snail mail registered with urgent on it.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
farah242 said:
Hi,
I wonder once the visa is issued, how much time the applicant has to travel to canada? Till the medical expiry date? Or there is someother standered timeline for everyone?
visa validity is ties to medical expiry, so if the medical was on Jan. 1, 2015 and visa issue date is June 30, 2015 the visa will expire on Dec. 31, 2015.

desolate

Star Member
Jul 14, 2011
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre: Mississauga, Ontario
App. Filed.......
12th April 2018
AOR Received.
29th May 2018
File Transfer...
In process since July 12 2018, File transferred to Scarborough, Ontario on May 24th 2019
Interview........
September 4th 2019 Citizenship Test/Interview
LANDED..........
21-08-2011
How long does it take after medical to get passport request (PPR). Ecas says they received medical end of may 2015 and started working on our application 25th april 2015. Also have submitted any other forms they asked for paid the right of permanent residency fees as well?

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
starzibal said:
when you e :( mail did you write URGENT in the subject line? if not then re-send again with urgent. if you write urgent they will reply in 48 hours else they will reply in 30 days
also send snail mail registered with urgent on it.
Yes I did write urgent in the subject line along with file number. I also send the same email visa CIC website as case specific inquiry to Delhi. Are u sure they will respond within 48 hours? Have u contacted them on urgent basis and they responded quickly? If they dont respond, than I will fill her formsnad update everything about her and send it with the additional doc they requested. With a ketter explaining everything......that all I can think of..... :( :(

laijia

May 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong/China
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-3-2011
Doc's Request.
7-30-2014
AOR Received.
12-29-2014
File Transfer...
10-30-2015
Med's Request
10-30-2015
Med's Done....
Nov-15-2015
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
Feb-29-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Mar-10-2016
its a bit frustrating :-[

our timeline
    • App. Filed.......: Feb-2011
    • Doc's Request.: Sep-2014
    • AOR Received.: Dec-2014
    • After that nothing has happened.

so far the sponsorship hasn't been approved. Though the CIC website mentioned the sponsorship process time is 45 months. it has been 55 months since they received the application..

Just followed up with call center. They said the case still in queue for processing.

Is this normal? what can we do now?

FishBurger

Star Member
Feb 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Hello People,
I have an urgent question.
We received the Visa and COPR.
On the same passport, my parents already have a multiple visit visa as well from before, which is vlaid until 2019.
Now my question is that they are coming here in Canada by the end of this month, but they have a very important wedding to attend in first week of October.
Once they come here, I will apply the SIN card and health card and the PR will be automatically be applied at airport.
Now if they go back by the end of September, and PR department needs to re-take photos or something similar, can they travel back on visit visa that are already valid on their passport?
Also, the COPR has my old address, i recently moved to a new place. So, I think on their arrival, they need to tell immgration officers about my new address, so that we can receive the PR without any problem?

Kindly advise.

Thanks
FB

mansari12

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 july
Doc's Request.
oct 2013
AOR Received.
july 2013
Med's Request
11 march 2015
Med's Done....
30th march 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Fishburger I think they can travel on their multiple viza

secondly just received passports back with viza.... feeling blessed. Its a long wait but owrth it in the end.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
FishBurger said:
Hello People,
On the same passport, my parents already have a multiple visit visa as well from before, which is vlaid until 2019.
Now my question is that they are coming here in Canada by the end of this month, but they have a very important wedding to attend in first week of October.
Once they come here, I will apply the SIN card and health card and the PR will be automatically be applied at airport.
Now if they go back by the end of September, and PR department needs to re-take photos or something similar, can they travel back on visit visa that are already valid on their passport?
Also, the COPR has my old address, i recently moved to a new place. So, I think on their arrival, they need to tell immgration officers about my new address, so that we can receive the PR without any problem?

Kindly advise.

They can update the address by telling immigration on airport BUT your 1st question is bit tricky :) although they have valid multiple visitor visa however they are not consider visitor anymore they are not PR so its best to call CIC helpline or ask this question in open forum. Because departing from Pakistan can be an issue if they dont have PR card with them and you know how FIA deal these kind of situation.

Thanks
FB

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
farah242 said:
Yes I did write urgent in the subject line along with file number. I also send the same email visa CIC website as case specific inquiry to Delhi. Are u sure they will respond within 48 hours? Have u contacted them on urgent basis and they responded quickly? If they dont respond, than I will fill her forms and update everything about her and send it with the additional doc they requested. With a letter explaining everything......that ll I can think of..... :( :(
i emailed them as urgent and they responded in a 7 days

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
toronto30 said:
Hi notley
No the ecas does not change. It is still the DM.
Just wait exactly 7 business days, and you will see xpress post
activation. Hope this helps. Thx
TO30
Hi Toronto30
Once again thanx for you perfact reading & advise. As per your observations it was true that CPC Ottawa who received my PP on 11th Aug immdtly Stamped immigration visa on 13 th Aug2015 & I received back PP& COPR letter today 19th Aug 2015. I prey to GOF to speed up processing of other forum members. I will post Landing experience on Sunday. Regards

darlingbrenda

Mar 18, 2015
FishBurger said:
Hello People,

Kindly advise.

Thanks
FB
Once you land for your PR the Immigration Officers will cancel the visitors visa. Your parents will not be able to use that to enter Canada any longer.
PR Cards now take longer than 3 months time to process your parents will not receive their PR cards in time in order for them to return back to Canada.
You can first apply for SIN cards but for Health Card your parents needs to show proof of ON. address. (Apply for an ON ID first, costs only $35)
Immigration officers will confirm the address where the PR cards should be sent, your parents then update the address then.

My mom just went through this a month ago. Once she landed they cancelled her visitors visa.
Please be mindful that the Health Card will only be valid and ready to use if your parents stay here for 3 months after landing and have to be in the country for 6 exact month before they can travel, else they will cancel the Health card.
This is what the OHIP office told my mom when I went to apply for her last week.
Best is for you parents to stay in the home country and land for PR after the wedding if their immigrant visa is still valid.

Good luck!

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
darlingbrenda said:
Once you land for your PR the Immigration Officers will cancel the visitors visa. Your parents will not be able to use that to enter Canada any longer.
PR Cards now take longer than 3 months time to process your parents will not receive their PR cards in time in order for them to return back to Canada.
You can first apply for SIN cards but for Health Card your parents needs to show proof of ON. address. (Apply for an ON ID first, costs only $35)
Immigration officers will confirm the address where the PR cards should be sent, your parents then update the address then.

My mom just went through this a month ago. Once she landed they cancelled her visitors visa.
Please be mindful that the Health Card will only be valid and ready to use if your parents stay here for 3 months after landing and have to be in the country for 6 exact month before they can travel, else they will cancel the Health card.
This is what the OHIP office told my mom when I went to apply for her last week.
Best is for you parents to stay in the home country and land for PR after the wedding if their immigrant visa is still valid.

Good luck!
I agree with you.