May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
starzibal said:
yes :) my in law called me this morning, waking me up at 6am to tell me that they got the passport back with their visa.
Thank God! After 6 years and 2.5 month to be exact and more than 10 gcms/atip and one MP enquiry they finally got visa.
now the issue is to find an airline ticket as everyone is coming back after school there is no seat available and we want them to come here end of Aug as we are expecting baby and want them to be with us.
i want to thank to Pari who created such a great thread, canvis, nabeel, user828 and all who helped me here.
Good luck everyone who are still waiting, i wish and pray for everyone for the best!
i will be coming in here weekly but if anyone has any question plz email me at BUKHARIASIM @ YAHOO.COM
Congrats on the issuance of Visas.
Best of luck for their tickets. Seat shortage is usually only from Pak, once they get to middle east or europe there are hundreds of flights to Canada daily. Only getting out of Pak is an issue due to limited # of airlines coming in.
Please share their ticket/flight experience with us as its always helpful for others.
I'm glad your wait is over, hopefully the rest of Islamabad cases will be finalized soon.

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
desolate said:
How long does it take after medical to get passport request (PPR). Ecas says they received medical end of may 2015 and started working on our application 25th april 2015. Also have submitted any other forms they asked for paid the right of permanent residency fees

Hi dear members,
just an update, I recieved my sponsorship approval last week and file was transferred to Delhi visa office. Yesterday, The visa office sent additional doc request and medical request. Now here is my question.
I had 5 dependants on file, but my brother who is 21 now got married last year and moved to U.K also my sister who turned 27 is not longer financially dependant on my mom. I informed CIC about all this last year, now the visa office has sent medical request for my mom and 3 siblings. Which is correct. But I am confused about my brother since he is 21....and I read in CIC website that dependant under 22 must undergo medical and some member said in a post that even police clearance is required wether he is accompanying or not.....plz advise what to do? He has been in uk for 4 months and still he has to get his green card to travel...does he require a medical and police clearance too? If yes , than why the delhi visa office has not sent a medical form for him? Yourr response will be highly appreciated!!

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
canvis2006 said:
Best of luck for their tickets. Seat shortage is usually only from Pak, once they get to middle east or europe there are hundreds of flights to Canada daily. Only getting out of Pak is an issue due to limited # of airlines coming in.
Please share their ticket/flight experience with us as its always helpful for others.
I'm glad your wait is over, hopefully the rest of Islamabad cases will be finalized soon.
Canvis2006...I have a question if you can help me. If a dependant is 20 years at the time when the sponsorship application was filed and he turns 25 during the process....and starts working and no longer financially dependant on parents or is not a student anymore, he is no longer considered to be eligible for sponsorship? If parents keep him out of the application due to this reason will it affect negetively if this person at a later date files a refugee claim?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
farah242 said:
Canvis2006...I have a question if you can help me. If a dependant is 20 years at the time when the sponsorship application was filed and he turns 25 during the process....and starts working and no longer financially dependant on parents or is not a student anymore, he is no longer considered to be eligible for sponsorship? If parents keep him out of the application due to this reason will it affect negetively if this person at a later date files a refugee claim?
Is that dependent already in Canada?

Some Visa offices, such as Singapore, Islamabad, India, etc are very tough on dependents over 22 yrs of age. CIC is aware also that such people can't remain students forever, and many already work. However, the rules previously said that age was "locked-in" at time of application at CPC-M, so as long as they remain unmarried they can immigrate provided they pass all other checks.
If Visa office creates issue I recommend using a lawyer to perhaps verify/fight that but not sure of the success and what costs. It really depends, maybe a lawyer can advise better on that.

No idea about refugee claims, sorry. Please ask a lawyer.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
If the dependent was below 22 when you first sent the application to CPC-M, you are absolutely fine as long as the dependent doesn't get married. It doesn't matter if the dependent works and makes a million dollars a year - he or she is still a dependent as the age is locked in when the application is first received. I haven't seen a single case where there was a problem with dependents below 22 years of age at the time of application.

farah242 said:

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
canvis2006 said:

Some Visa offices, such as Singapore, Islamabad, India, etc are very tough on dependents over 22 yrs of age. CIC is aware also that such people can't remain students forever, and many already work. However, the rules previously said that age was "locked-in" at time of application at CPC-M, so as long as they remain unmarried they can immigrate provided they pass all other checks.
If Visa office creates issue I recommend using a lawyer to perhaps verify/fight that but not sure of the success and what costs. It really depends, maybe a lawyer can advise better on that.

Hi Canvis2006
Me too hv anxiety abt Immi visa. After Decision Made CPC Ottawa sent email for PPR with subject Ready for Visa & we submitted PP on 10 th Aug 2015, pl advise as to whether my father will be given Immi visa or still some querry can be asked.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
canvis2006 said:

yes canvis you are right there are options but 1st they are not cheap 2ndly 30 hours flight! too much for my folks so we decided to bring them over around 20th of next month when price is almost 50% cheaper and convenient travel. i sure will share their flight and immigration/custom experience after their arrival.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hello everyone
does anyone know how long normally it takes to get passport back from CPC-Ottawa?
Thanks.
TO30

layla.bee

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
Aug 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 2013
IELTS Request
Not Req'd
File Transfer...
Jan 2014
Med's Request
Jun 25, 2015
Med's Done....
Jun 26, 2015
Interview........
N/A, Addition Doc Request: Jul24, Doc sent and rec'd by CIC: Aug 14, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
Couple questions:

I have sent additional documents to London and they rec'd them today. Should I ask them about submitting passports to Ottawa or wait until PPR request?

- Also if my sister is thinking of taking a semester off from her university in states so when they ask passport she doesn't miss school. Now when she takes a leave of absence from studies her student visa will be on hold until next semester. She will not be able to go until Jan to states. At the time of entry how would she take entry from states?

- if she goes back then how long Ottawa takes to send passport back after the receipt?

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Where is the passport submitted after a PPR is received from NDVO? Can it be submitted at the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi or it has to be submitted through VFS? How long it takes to get back the passport (with visa stamped)?

Please reply. Thanks.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
layla.bee said:
Couple questions:

I have sent additional documents to London and they rec'd them today. Should I ask them about submitting passports to Ottawa or wait until PPR request?

- Also if my sister is thinking of taking a semester off from her university in states so when they ask passport she doesn't miss school. Now when she takes a leave of absence from studies her student visa will be on hold until next semester. She will not be able to go until Jan to states. At the time of entry how would she take entry from states?

- if she goes back then how long Ottawa takes to send passport back after the receipt?
You can send request to London and let them know that you all can use CPC-Ott for visa issuance rather than Islamabad.
But you must wait for PPR as nobody knows if file has been finalized and/or whether its ready for visa issuance. When they're ready they will email to request ppts.

I would recommend to continue the studies and ensure visas/travel docs are always ready and up-to date.
Taking a leave now may make them suspicious in case they conduct any inquiry (this is just my opinion, others may differ). Don't raise flags now.

As soon as visa is issued and passport is returned with visas, do the landing ASAP (with the principal applicant ofcourse).

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hello everyone
Just to let everyone know, my mom's return Xpresspost envelop has been activated this evening.
CPC OTTAWA received last Friday,they took exactly 1 week for stamping. Best of luck everyone here.

Toronto30

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
canvis2006 said:

Thanx for the reply canavis. My sister was 21 when I applied for the sponsorship...at 23 she was done with her studies and started a job. from the information I got by cic website any many forum members that once they pass 22 years even if the application was filed when they were 21, they have to show proof of being a fulk time student in order to qualify to be sponsored. Thats why I informed Cic that my sister is no longer a student and is working and not dependant on my parents. I did not fill forms for her when cic asked for additional docs last june....now the sponsorship is approved last week. Ofcourse my sister name is not in the file anymore...visa office sent medical reuqest for all siblings except her.....now based on what you told me and some other members who replied....did I made a big mistake? Could she still be part of application even though she is not a student? She is 27 now. It is so confusing to me....

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
starzibal said:
yes canvis you are right there are options but 1st they are not cheap 2ndly 30 hours flight! too much for my folks so we decided to bring them over around 20th of next month when price is almost 50% cheaper and convenient travel. i sure will share their flight and immigration/custom experience after their arrival.
Hi,
Delhi visa office has asked for additional docs and medical.....the docs have a max 2 months to be submitted and medical must be done within a month. Can my family do the medical and since time is running and send the additional docs later? I need sometime to gather the docs asked. The medical wikk be sent by the doc anyways....my concern is will it matter if visa office recieves medical first and the additional docs later?
Thanks

sundusk

Feb 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010 May
Doc's Request.
2013 August
AOR Received.
2013 Nov
File Transfer...
2014 Nov
Med's Request
24th July
Med's Done....
10Th August
Interview........
Additional documents : 24th July Sent : 20th August
Passport Req..
PPR 1 10th May PPR2 20th May
VISA ISSUED...
inshaAllah soon
LANDED..........
inshaAllah very soon
layla.bee said:
Couple questions:

our additional documents were also asked on 24tg July and we will be submitting them this week inshaAllah we should stay in touch to know about the progress. One question to you all how much it takes for Passport request after submition of additional documents please tell