May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
farah242 said:
Thanx for the reply canavis. My sister was 21 when I applied for the sponsorship...at 23 she was done with her studies and started a job. from the information I got by cic website any many forum members that once they pass 22 years even if the application was filed when they were 21, they have to show proof of being a fulk time student in order to qualify to be sponsored. Thats why I informed Cic that my sister is no longer a student and is working and not dependant on my parents. I did not fill forms for her when cic asked for additional docs last june....now the sponsorship is approved last week. Ofcourse my sister name is not in the file anymore...visa office sent medical reuqest for all siblings except her.....now based on what you told me and some other members who replied....did I made a big mistake? Could she still be part of application even though she is not a student? She is 27 now. It is so confusing to me....
You already told them she is no longer a dependent.....she's been excluded from the file and won't be getting PR.
It's best to consult a lawyer if you wish to obtain much more detail or other things. I'm not an expert.
Before making such big decisions, it's always best to consult expert advice to avoid these things.

Maybe she can try on her own in other category such as Express Entry, or Study in Canada, etc and try to get PR that way.

YYZguy416

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
If your sister was under 22 when you first sent the application to Mississauga, then she doesn't have to continuously study as her age gets locked in at the time of application. Even if she starts to work, she still remains a dependent as long as she doesn't get married. Please don't believe any other rumours you hear.

farah242 said:
Thanx for the reply canavis. My sister was 21 when I applied for the sponsorship...at 23 she was done with her studies and started a job. from the information I got by cic website any many forum members that once they pass 22 years even if the application was filed when they were 21, they have to show proof of being a fulk time student in order to qualify to be sponsored. Thats why I informed Cic that my sister is no longer a student and is working and not dependant on my parents. I did not fill forms for her when cic asked for additional docs last june....now the sponsorship is approved last week. Ofcourse my sister name is not in the file anymore...visa office sent medical reuqest for all siblings except her.....now based on what you told me and some other members who replied....did I made a big mistake? Could she still be part of application even though she is not a student? She is 27 now. It is so confusing to me....

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
YYZguy416 said:
If your sister was under 22 when you first sent the application to Mississauga, then she doesn't have to continuously study as her age gets locked in at the time of application. Even if she starts to work, she still remains a dependent as long as she doesn't get married. Please don't believe any other rumours you hear.
yeah but she notified CIC that her sister is not a dependent anymore, so CIC didn't consider her anymore.
What can she do now ?

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
canvis2006 said:
yeah but she notified CIC that her sister is not a dependent anymore, so CIC didn't consider her anymore.
What can she do now ?
The irony is that I have a lawyer and I asked him that she is no longer a student thats why im not fillig forms for her...and he told me ask her to join a school and do some other degree!
All the forms were reviewd and submitted by lawyer.....even my other sibling who was 18 at the time of sponsorship application....the lawyer asked her to provide proof of education from 2014 onwards..becoz she turned 22 on 2014.
I am going to call the call centre on monday and ask this question....I dont think there is any hope since the file is transferred to Delhi and the medicals are sent......at this point if I say oh I want to add my sister again becoz there was misunderstanding....they will not accept it....thoughts??

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
YYZguy416 said:
Yyz...what u r saying makes sense.....I am boiling over the fact that my lawyer charged me so much and still he made such a big mistake...seriously...you should know what you are doing as a profession!
Now...my brother is married and living in U.K..he is 21 now and is a non accompanying dependant...does he need to do medicals and police clearance? As well as my sister who is no longer part of this case...but she was 21 whe we filed the application. We have not recieved the medicals of both of them....just recieved for my mom and 3 siblings. Their website says non accompanying dependants have to do medicals as well.....it is really confusing...and I am so tense :(

Seddiq

Jul 24, 2015
Hello every1. I have to send upfront medicals to london visaa office. Can anyone tell me the complete address of london visa office please.

Notley

Star Member
May 27, 2015
toronto30 said:
Hello everyone
Just to let everyone know, my mom's return Xpresspost envelop has been activated this evening.
CPC OTTAWA received last Friday,they took exactly 1 week for stamping. Best of luck everyone here.

Toronto30
Hi Toronto30
Congratulations for Visa Stamping. Will you share after activation of Canada Post xpresspost, wether your ecase is showing Visa Stamped/ PO despatched. Kindly share as my PP received by CWC Ottawa on 11 th Aug 2015 waiting for activation of xpresspost track nbr.

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
farah242 said:
Yes you made a big mistake. i have a question for you? who advised you that? your lawyer? because you mentioned that you got the info from some websites/forums etc. i dont know the full story but based what you mentioned if you lawyer advise you that then he is not good lawyer and no basic knowledge of immigration.

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
ECAS: Started processing Feb 12, 2015
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Notley said:
Hi Toronto30
Congratulations for Visa Stamping. Will you share after activation of Canada Post xpresspost, wether your ecase is showing Visa Stamped/ PO despatched. Kindly share as my PP received by CWC Ottawa on 11 th Aug 2015 waiting for activation of xpresspost track nbr.
Hi notley
No the ecas does not change. It is still the DM.
Just wait exactly 7 business days, and you will see xpress post
activation. Hope this helps. Thx
TO30

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
starzibal said:
Yes you made a big mistake. i have a question for you? who advised you that? your lawyer? because you mentioned that you got the info from some websites/forums etc. i dont know the full story but based what you mentioned if you lawyer advise you that then he is not good lawyer and no basic knowledge of immigration.
Hi starzibal,
Yes may lawyer told me that....this is unbelievable....I am going to call him....but again its useless now.....
I am wondering what If I inform the delhi office about this mistake and ask to add her as again? Do u think It will complicate things? She was 2 month away from turnning 22 at the time of sponsorship....

starzibal

Dec 30, 2009
Toronto
farah242 said:
Hi starzibal,
Yes may lawyer told me that....this is unbelievable....I am going to call him....but again its useless now.....
I am wondering what If I inform the delhi office about this mistake and ask to add her as again? Do u think It will complicate things? She was 2 month away from turnning 22 at the time of sponsorship....
i dont know you can try that but whatever you want to do do it quick act fast, ASAP, send letter to embassy, email and call cic, email your MP, use whatever means you have on your disposal.
i suspect that there may have been a miscommunication from both side, either your lawyer misunderstood or you.
i also wonder that you were a frequent user of this forum and probably know all the scenario and cases here so why didnt you ask any of senior users here or even after your sent that letter?

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
toronto30 said:
Hello everyone
Just to let everyone know, my mom's return Xpresspost envelop has been activated this evening.
CPC OTTAWA received last Friday,they took exactly 1 week for stamping. Best of luck everyone here.

Toronto30
Hi Toronto30
Based on your timeline, I think I can expect my parents PPR around Sept 2015. You got the PPR request 3 months after medical. My parents did their medical at the end of May, so hopefully I will get PPR in Sept. The only difference is your visa office is Singapore, mine is New Delhi.
Tp

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Tp said:
Hi Toronto30
Based on your timeline, I think I can expect my parents PPR around Sept 2015. You got the PPR request 3 months after medical. My parents did their medical at the end of May, so hopefully I will get PPR in Sept. The only difference is your visa office is Singapore, mine is New Delhi.
Tp
hi TP
yes, I am hoping that you will hear something from them in Sept2015. keep us posted. and best of luck :)

TO30

Picky

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ISB/London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
26-05-2015
Med's Request
26-05-2015
Med's Done....
09-07-2015 additional test done on 08-08-2015 dependent PC &relation proof sent on 08-09-15 dependent Fingerprint done 10-09-15
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
Seddiq said:
Hello every1. I have to send upfront medicals to london visaa office. Can anyone tell me the complete address of london visa office please.
I need to know the same as well. Plz help

toronto30

May 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Parents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/2009
Doc's Request.
03/2013
File Transfer...
07/30/2013
Med's Request
04 MAR 2015
Med's Done....
May 7, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
August 5, 2015.
VISA ISSUED...
10 August 2015
LANDED..........
24 August 2015
Hello everyone
We received the passport with immigrant visa and COPR for my mom today from CPC -Ottawa,ending the long 6 years journey. :D :D :D
I wish everyone best of luck and thanks to all members for their kind and good
Advice.
Toronto30