+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

parents sponsership joine here

isometric

Mar 20, 2012
Tp said:
Did they send u medical forms with the additional form request? For me they requested the additional forms but said they will be sending separate email for medical request yet they asked me to submit both the additional forms and medicals together. Does it work differently for everybody ?
This is what I received,attached below:

"We have completed an initial review of your application and we now require the following information/documents in order to continue processing your application
1. Complete medical examinations for yourself and for your spouse
2. Completed Additional Family Information form(IMM5406)
3. Original baptismal certificate and/or other original documents establishing identity (Previous passports, National ID, old school records, etc) for you and your spouse.
4. Original and valid police certificate."

Original baptismal certificate <-- does that mean they are looking for Birth certificate, Marriage certificate ?

natasha963

May 8, 2011
Markham Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25th Apr 2014
LANDED..........
25th May 2014
Hi Friends,

I moved to Canada with my family in May 2014. I wish to sponsor my mother-in-law now for visitor visa and she will be accompanying our baby who is living for a few months with her. (I believe that having visitor's visa, one can stay in canada for upto 6 months any number of times in the next 10 years. Correct me if I am wrong).
I am not able to make out the forms to be filled out as the Document Checklist for temp visitor visa has "If Applicable" against all the documents.
Can I apply for her on her behalf and if yes, am I termed as representative for the documents to be filled out?
Anyone who has recently applied for parent's visitor visa, please comment.

Thanks

Natasha

natasha963

May 8, 2011
Markham Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25th Apr 2014
LANDED..........
25th May 2014
EEapplicant said:
Sad news for all who are sponsoring Parents and Grandparents. CIC has paused the intake of the application effective Jan 16, 2015 and will reopen next year! :(

Source - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/sponsor-parents.asp
Does this mean that we cannot apply for our parent's visitor visa? Do we have to apply for Super Visa instead?
Friends, Please comment.

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
natasha963 said:
Does this mean that we cannot apply for our parent's visitor visa? Do we have to apply for Super Visa instead?
Friends, Please comment.
Not at all. This is for sponsorship not for visitor visa or for super visa.

mansari12

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 july
Doc's Request.
oct 2013
AOR Received.
july 2013
Med's Request
11 march 2015
Med's Done....
30th march 2015
Passport Req..
waiting
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
Natasha u can apply super viza. Thats a good option ur mother can stay with u for 2 years.

PKISB262

Oct 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad, Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
March 27, 2015
Hi Guys

I have a good news to share. Yesterday my family picked up the passports with visa stamped.
Both for my mother and sister. They had their re-medical done in December 2014.

Now my questions is from the experts;

My mother need some time to wrap up some matters before coming to Canada, However I like my sister to come early. She is over 22 now.
She have her separate COPR. Can she come alone first and my mom join us later? Or as a dependent of the sponsorship file. My sister cant come alone? Will call CIC on Monday to ask. Any suggestions?

regards

natasha963

May 8, 2011
Markham Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25th Apr 2014
LANDED..........
25th May 2014
Thanks Soonihope and Mansuri for responding.

I have decided to apply for her visitor visa for now and I have a few more doubts.
1) I am wondering if it will be okay to declare myself as her representative. The Use of representative form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf lets a family member be a representative. I hope that will not be a problem for her since I am here in Canada and the application would be submitted by her in Chandigarh, India. Once I have her fill all these forms, she will submit them.

On second thought, I am thinking maybe I can have her fill up only the authority to release personal information to a designated individual. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5475e.pdf that will allow me to get updates on her file.

2) My infant daughter who is a Canadian PR would be accompanying my Mother-in-law to Canada. Do we need to provide any letter of authority (I believe no) as she is coming to us and not going away to a different country?

3) I believe the fee for this complete application would be 185 (App fee of $100 + Biometric Fee $85). Please correct me if I am wrong.

4) Should she wait for their request to undergo medical or submit it upfront with the application?

5) If she does not wish to visit us this year by any chance, the visa is valid for next year. Is that correct

Sorry for too many questions. Your inputs are highly needed and appreciated.

Please comment.

Thanks

Natasha

natasha963

May 8, 2011
Markham Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25th Apr 2014
LANDED..........
25th May 2014
PKISB262 said:
Hi Guys

I have a good news to share. Yesterday my family picked up the passports with visa stamped.
Both for my mother and sister. They had their re-medical done in December 2014.

Now my questions is from the experts;

My mother need some time to wrap up some matters before coming to Canada, However I like my sister to come early. She is over 22 now.
She have her separate COPR. Can she come alone first and my mom join us later? Or as a dependent of the sponsorship file. My sister cant come alone? Will call CIC on Monday to ask. Any suggestions?

regards
Congrats man!

soonihope

Champion Member
May 18, 2013
natasha963 said:
Thanks Soonihope and Mansuri for responding.

I have decided to apply for her visitor visa for now and I have a few more doubts.
1) I am wondering if it will be okay to declare myself as her representative. The Use of representative form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.pdf lets a family member be a representative. I hope that will not be a problem for her since I am here in Canada and the application would be submitted by her in Chandigarh, India. Once I have her fill all these forms, she will submit them.
for visitor visa you don't really need representative as it is fairly straight forward and quick process

On second thought, I am thinking maybe I can have her fill up only the authority to release personal information to a designated individual. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5475e.pdf that will allow me to get updates on her file.

2) My infant daughter who is a Canadian PR would be accompanying my Mother-in-law to Canada. Do we need to provide any letter of authority (I believe no) as she is coming to us and not going away to a different country? no you don't but a letter from you and your husband saying that your daughter is coming with her grandmother will avoid any issues in case someone asks at the airport

3) I believe the fee for this complete application would be 185 (App fee of $100 + Biometric Fee $85). Please correct me if I am wrong.sounds right but can be paid in local currency

4) Should she wait for their request to undergo medical or submit it upfront with the application? only need medical for super visa. unless she is asked most people don't need medical for visitor visa. so don't have to have upfront medical

5) If she does not wish to visit us this year by any chance, the visa is valid for next year. Is that correctyes if she is given a 10 year multiple visa then can come anytime

Sorry for too many questions. Your inputs are highly needed and appreciated.

Please comment.

Thanks

Natasha

vinvin1717

Jan 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE, Parents and 2 dependents
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23, 2009
Doc's Request.
July, 04,2013
File Transfer...
Oct, 16, 2013-On Process May 11, 2015
Med's Request
May, 18, 2015
Med's Done....
June 10 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 03 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 04 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello, Toronto30 and anyone

About financial requirements,

I am sponsoring my parents (2), my dependent sister (1) over 22 years old and my dependent sister (1) under 22years old

1) How much the gross revenue should I need? ( I passed the requirements 2 years ago )

2) My plan to get marriage this summer ( will sponsor my future wife ), how much extra revenue should I make?

And I am living in Quebec

Thanks in advance

farah242

Star Member
Jul 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2010
Doc's Request.
30-07-2014
File Transfer...
01-04-2015
Med's Request
14-08-2015
Med's Done....
09-09-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
eric leon said:
ohh I thought they will send approval directly :(

Unfortunately no.... We just lose more time thats all:( now approval will come afterwords....dont know how long that takes?

Bamika

Sep 28, 2014
Hi after receiving a letter asking me to do a medical exam + to send some papers to have the permanent resident visa issue for me and both of my parents.we respected the instructions as they specified it, and they told us to wait 6 to 8 weeks to have the application processed.However we sent the documents + our passports since february 3 2015 (8 weeks from now on) and we didn t received an answer yet . So my question was to know if i had to worry about the fact that they didn t answered us yet ? and all this delays is it a kinda like a bad sign showing tht our application will be rejected?I mean im stress and i really wanna know and have feedbacks based on your guys experiences about my situation. Thanks.

Tp

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2008
Doc's Request.
October 2013
AOR Received.
July 2014
File Transfer...
November 18, 2014
Med's Request
April18, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
Mar 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-Apr-2016
Bamika said:
Hi after receiving a letter asking me to do a medical exam + to send some papers to have the permanent resident visa issue for me and both of my parents.we respected the instructions as they specified it, and they told us to wait 6 to 8 weeks to have the application processed.However we sent the documents + our passports since february 3 2015 (8 weeks from now on) and we didn t received an answer yet . So my question was to know if i had to worry about the fact that they didn t answered us yet ? and all this delays is it a kinda like a bad sign showing tht our application will be rejected?I mean im stress and i really wanna know and have feedbacks based on your guys experiences about my situation. Thanks.
Did they also request you to send passport ? I think you should wait a bit because it has only been eight weeks even though they told u within 6-8 weeks, I don't think they will get things done right on time . Is there a form they sent you to do a medical? I am still waiting to receive an email from them requesting to do medical, they said they will send me separate email for that, they already emailed me asking for additional documents. Do you think I should wait for their email regarding medical, I only have about one month left to send the medical and other documents

natasha963

May 8, 2011
Markham Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2010
File Transfer...
23-06-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25th Apr 2014
LANDED..........
25th May 2014
Hey Soonihope. I think I am all set to apply for her. Lots of wishes for you and your family. I think I can reunite with my daughter now :)

Natasha

Bamika

Sep 28, 2014
Tp said:
Did they also request you to send passport ? I think you should wait a bit because it has only been eight weeks even though they told u within 6-8 weeks, I don't think they will get things done right on time . Is there a form they sent you to do a medical? I am still waiting to receive an email from them requesting to do medical, they said they will send me separate email for that, they already emailed me asking for additional documents. Do you think I should wait for their email regarding medical, I only have about one month left to send the medical and other documents
They requested me to send passports.Yes you have to wait futher instructions in order to do any medicals they send me an email explaining tht i have to send documents + passports 6 to 8 weeks after doing medicals and another email which contains a form tht the doctor has to fill.so it s 2 seperate email one for the medicals and another one explaining u wht to do after u done the medicals like sending passports etc... 6 to 8 weeks after medicals.