+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
My in-laws pr sponsorship is under process, applied on Nov 2022. We have not received any file number yet, neither they have uci. Recently, after application was sent, they renewed their passport and received new one. Any idea how we can inform regarding renewal of passport to ircc?
wait for file # or until you are not able to link your PR application to myCIC account. you can submit new passport copy after link your application. First IRCC will proceed your sponsorship application and then PR application. Flowchart

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
wait for file # or until you are not able to link your PR application to myCIC account. you can submit new passport copy after link your application. First IRCC will proceed your sponsorship application and then PR application. Flowchart
Thank you for the reply. We were thinking to do exactly the same. Hope we get file# soon.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Thanks a lot for sharing the link, it was super helpful and I was able to successfully link the application.
Here are the options that I selected,
1. Family Name, Given Name and DOB
2. Passport details
3. For number of family members, I added 2, 1 for myself and 1 for my sponsor, this was a little weird as our total family size is 3 and this can be the confusion part. I think the idea is to include total number of people who will be processed in the application i.e. Principal Applicants, sponsor and co-sponsor (if applicable) and total number of dependents.

Reactions: vishakha

vishakha

Star Member
Mar 27, 2013
Thanks a lot for sharing the link, it was super helpful and I was able to successfully link the application.
Here are the options that I selected,
1. Family Name, Given Name and DOB
2. Passport details
3. For number of family members, I added 2, 1 for myself and 1 for my sponsor, this was a little weird as our total family size is 3 and this can be the confusion part. I think the idea is to include total number of people who will be processed in the application i.e. Principal Applicants, sponsor and co-sponsor (if applicable) and total number of dependents.
Congratulations

I tried but it says we found no application.
No idea what should I do.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
My in-laws pr sponsorship is under process, applied on Nov 2022. We have not received any file number yet, neither they have uci. Recently, after application was sent, they renewed their passport and received new one. Any idea how we can inform regarding renewal of passport to ircc?
I am in the same boat , my parents passport is also going to expire in few days . and I don't know what to do .

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
I tired gc key link application and found this

Based on the information you entered, we found: 1 application

We see that you have a representative tied to this application. Your representative has access to your application.

If you no longer want to use a representative and access the application yourself, you can cancel your representative by filling out the Use of a representative form [IMM5476] (PDF, 647.96 kb) and choose "cancelling the appointment of a representative."

After completing the form, you can upload it here:

Document Name :No file uploaded

I cancel at the end because i dont want to cancel my rep. Any other way to still see app. ???

Last edited:

Lay Tailor

Jun 13, 2018
Received BioMetric Today Feb 21st , I was expecting to receive file number first but on Biometric letter they have mentioned the Application number. So i am assuming they wont send the file number and acceptance letter separately ?

I was able to link my application , for number of applicant i had to enter 4 instead of 2 which is weird ( May be because i am applying for my mom and dad and then they also counted me and my wife since we sponsor them together so i had to use 4 and it worked ) before i was trying to enter 1 then 2 then 3 and it did not work lol
Do you mind sharing your IRCC office info ? Thanks.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Received ECOPR today. Finally journey is over.
Good luck to everyone whoever is waiting for the next step of PR file.
see my signature for timeline.

Reactions: dpatel08