+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Bablue arora

Mar 12, 2019
We submitted the PGP file one day before the last date ie ,23 Dec 22. Will submitting the file on last dates will delay the Aor or final decision ?
Still not got any confirmation or Aor

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
We submitted the PGP file one day before the last date ie ,23 Dec 22. Will submitting the file on last dates will delay the Aor or final decision ?
Still not got any confirmation or Aor
Ofcourse. Its simple math Dude! The person who is at the end of line will get served last. So maybe around year and a half or two, till the AOR. Be patient and be grateful, atleast you were able to submit the application. Other 137000 applicants are still waiting for Invites. Some of them are the Citizens not just PRs.

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
what does status returned means ?
IRCC portal for PR, Apparently I got a email stating that I paid 50$ less and asked me to pay remainder of the balance and also resume/CV of my mom.
so just curious what this status would mean.
Really? What happened? $50 error. Pay it immediately. Hope that helps resolving it. They must send you a letter stating why the application was returned. I dont know, if someone can appeal the PGP after being returned or refused. If someone can shed some light on this.

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Statuus: Returned means, File is returned. Might be incomplete or not eligible.
Not necessarily when it comes to PGP. Their new permanent residence portal shows a status of "returned" even when IRCC requests missing documents before the AOR is sent. That has been the pattern so far from what I have read in other threads.

Reactions: Nishiminami

Nishiminami

Star Member
Jan 26, 2019
Not necessarily when it comes to PGP. Their new permanent residence portal shows a status of "returned" even when IRCC requests missing documents before the AOR is sent. That has been the pattern so far from what I have read in other threads.
Thats good to know. Hope you are right. If OP can confirm this please.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
In our case we were asked resend "missing document" i.e., IMM 5476 with handwritten signature. However, I never noticed (after we apply, before/after getting missing document request, before/after we submitted the missing document) our application status to be "returned" it was and is always "submitted" even during the time we received missing document email and send them the missing document.

ani001

Apr 3, 2015
in IMM 5406 you list ALL siblings of that person that's supposed to fill the form. (e.g. your mother)
It doesn't matter where they are and if they are PRs or citizens.
Hello,
Could I ask another question related to this.
I am sponsoring my mom under PGP and she is the principal applicant since my dad passed away. I have a brother who is 40yrs old . So when i fill IMM5406 do I need to add my dad as a dependent and include his siblings info?
Very much appreciate any help .

Thanks

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hello,
Could I ask another question related to this.
I am sponsoring my mom under PGP and she is the principal applicant since my dad passed away. I have a brother who is 40yrs old . So when i fill IMM5406 do I need to add my dad as a dependent and include his siblings info?
Very much appreciate any help .

Thanks
Hi as far as i remm. We filled parents 5406 not for me as a sponsor

So in your case you are only sponsoring your mother you fill out her brother and sisters and childs

Only 1 5406 neededfor mother( sorry to say but just to explain dependent means someone you are taking care of)

Reactions: YVR123