+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

r_mittal86

Apr 26, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Received an email yesterday saying I need to resend IMM5406 with 30 days to send it.

"This refers to your application for sponsorship of a parent or grandparent (PGP) submitted in 2022. A review indicates that the application you submitted does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is incomplete."

I initially thought they rejected my application. It was scary. Have sent them the two 5406 yesterday itself.

Temporary application number didn't link the application to mycic account.

Hopefully all is fine now.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
Thank you!
Still not a great chance but better than nothing I suppose...

In summary & unverified:
~203,000 interest forms received - 13,400 invitations sent in Jan/2021 - 34,500 invitations sent in Oct/2021 = 155,100 'forms' left in pool.
CIC will be inviting 23,100 this year (2022) so chances of getting selected would be 14.89% :(:(

EDIT:

Actually IRCC did state they will be inviting people from remaining pool of 155,313 potential sponsors who submitted interest in 2020.
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html
What makes you think that ~203,000 interest forms were received? Isn't it possible that some of the invited sponsors declined the invite and were put back into the pool...so the original count of interest forms might be lower than 203K.

SeniorStakes

Nov 7, 2018
Toronto
If a person who was invited to sponsor in 2022 declines the invitation, will he or she be put back into the queue in the next year 2023, if IRCC decides to continue the same pool?

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Received an email yesterday saying I need to resend IMM5406 with 30 days to send it.

"This refers to your application for sponsorship of a parent or grandparent (PGP) submitted in 2022. A review indicates that the application you submitted does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is incomplete."

I initially thought they rejected my application. It was scary. Have sent them the two 5406 yesterday itself.

It wont link until they put in sys. Without the x in front tried and im on same page here lol

RS999

Aug 14, 2017
I had same kind of email back in december. Asking more forms then you to resubmit with handwritten signature.

I called to IRCC on that time. They said File# starts with x means not in system yet.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got scary email that one or more dependents on IMM0008 are missing also I sent the old representative from and i have to sent the new version of the form. I never submitted that form.
My siblings are all older than 22 and they are not dependent on my parents so i did not added them in IMM0008. I dont know why I got that resend request?
Also do i need to include them now despite they are all older i.e more than 35 years of age and as per definition they are not dependant. I dont know whay my application processing guy wants from me.

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
I got scary email that one or more dependents on IMM0008 are missing also I sent the old representative from and i have to sent the new version of the form. I never submitted that form.
My siblings are all older than 22 and they are not dependent on my parents so i did not added them in IMM0008. I dont know why I got that resend request?
Also do i need to include them now despite they are all older i.e more than 35 years of age and as per definition they are not dependant. I dont know whay my application processing guy wants from me.
Weird , IMM 0008 do not ask for information about siblings , Officer must be high on weed while working from home lol JK

Reactions: vishakha

Canada drives

Oct 14, 2022
We did not signed anything by hand, when we applied. IRCC email us to send a hand signed use of representative form IMM5476, which we send via email.

when did you submit the form this way we will come to know whay dates of the application they are working on.

did

/QUOTE] When dis youthebmit the form

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
If you asked about the time line then, we submitted the application on Nov 06, received the signature request on Dec 02 and we send them the signed form, via email, on Dec 04.

Alsalma

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Hello ! am sponsoring my mother and I am helping her fill out the form IMM0008, and we are not sure how to consider my dad who has been physically separated from my Mom for many many years... I am not sponsoring him (not accompanying my mother) and besides being separated, we don't have much information about him (we haven't seen him in years) so my mom won't be able to provide information like his passport number or so, if she selects separated as marital status, does she need to add him as a dependent or not? thank you all !!

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....