+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents & Grandparents Program(PGP) 2022

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
We did not signed anything by hand, when we applied. IRCC email us to send a hand signed use of representative form IMM5476, which we send via email.
As long as you signed and sent it no worries. They just wanted to confirm that applicant did hire a rep. And they know that they are sharing all there personal info. To a rep.

My rep. Filled all doc.s and asked us to sign every doc. By hand then he scanned and uploaded to portal.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
As long as you signed and sent it no worries. They just wanted to confirm that applicant did hire a rep. And they know that they are sharing all there personal info. To a rep.

My rep. Filled all doc.s and asked us to sign every doc. By hand then he scanned and uploaded to portal.
Just to clarify .. my wife is sponsoring and representing her parents. Moreover, we followed the guide which explicitly mentioned signed the form my typing name and not to print/scanned unless it is explicitly mentioned.

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
I dont think so that is the prob. We did it before when applied for sister pr no prob.s

So guys applied by your self then your sis. A representative and i think on that form there is a option if we are paid rep. Or family member.

Also they want to confirm that parents knows and signed its privacy issure thing with ircc

As long as they signed electronically or by hand doesn't matter . Its just happen when applicant is from diff. Country and person who is applying (not the sponsor) is from different place (or living in different country)

Also if ircc ask for doc.s that is a good sign that they are working on file to approve and finish not returning it
Right? Hope this helps
I am not saying its a problem :)... was just replying to the post earlier.

Reactions: sverma

sverma

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Other
Just to clarify .. my wife is sponsoring and representing her parents. Moreover, we followed the guide which explicitly mentioned signed the form my typing name and not to print/scanned unless it is explicitly mentioned.
thats what I was also wondering, it no where mentioned that it needed to be hand signed, however, so many people got the request, hence wanted to clarify if it was something that I missed :)

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Received an email last night saying I need to resend IMM5406. They have given 30 days to send it.

Reading the email was scray. Almost gave me a heart attack.

"This refers to your application for sponsorship of a parent or grandparent (PGP) submitted in 2022. A review indicates that the application you submitted does not meet the requirements for processing as the application is incomplete."

I initially thought they rejected my application. But thankfully i have 30 days to send the revised forms.

Back to work now.

• Sad
Reactions: dpatel08

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
In the form IMM5406, do you include the siblings of the co-applicant who are not Canadian Citizens or Permanent citizens?

The CIC letter I received says this

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed. For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL adopted, step-children, and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, regardless of age. For Section C, please ensure that you include ALL brothers and sisters including half, step-brothers/sisters and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country.

This is really confusing. Last time I filled the information of the co-applicant's siblings who are not Canadian Citizens or permanent residents. But they rejected the form. And now I don't even know what information was missing that they rejected it.

Any idea how I should go about filling this form?

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
In the form IMM5406, do you include the siblings of the co-applicant who are not Canadian Citizens or Permanent citizens?

Sections A, B and C must be fully completed. For Section B, please ensure that you include ALL children, including ALL adopted, step-children, and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, regardless of age. For Section C, please ensure that you include ALL brothers and sisters including half, step-brothers/sisters and those who are currently a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. The Name, Marital Status, Relationship to applicant, Date of birth, Country of birth, and Address must be filled. The street number, street name, city, postal/zip code and country are mandatory for Canada and USA addresses. All other countries must provide the City, Province/State/Parish and Country.

This is really confusing. Last time I filled the information of the co-applicant's siblings who are not Canadian Citizens or permanent residents. But they rejected the form. And now I don't even know what information was missing that they rejected it.

Including everything like if someone is deceased one of your parents bro. And sis. Write date of death and place too.

Check you have written dob for parents of parents too if you have they are looking for everything

Last edited:

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017

Assuming this is a paper form that you have to fill out and not the online wed form that we initially filled . Both are slightly different .

In paper form IMM 5406 , you need to fill out 2 form One for your Father ( Principal applicant ) and one for your mother ( Dependent ) Assuming you do not have any other dependent or else they also need to fill out form .

Now open the IMM 5406 and look at Section A , Here you should fill information of Principal Applicant ( Lets say Your Father ) , In Spouse Section ( Your Mother name ) , Mother ( Your Grand Mother ) Gather ( Your Grand Father)
Now lets come to Section B - Children ( Here you need to enter your name and your brother's and Sister's name )
Section C - Brothers and Sister ( Here you need to provide the principal applicants which is your father's sister and brother name )

Rememeber after you fill out the above form , you now need to fill out one more for your Mother ,

Now when you fill out form for your mother
Section A - Applicant ( Your father name Same as the first form that you fill out ) , Spouse name ( Your mother's name . Same as the first one ) Mother ( Your rand mother from your Mother side ) Father ( Your grand father's name , From your mother side )

Section B should have name of Childen of your mother ( Same as the first form )

Section C must include the brother and sister from your mother side ( not Father side just like Section B )

This way you fill out 2 IMM 5406 form , One for your Father and one for your mother . I hope this helps ? If you are still confuse i would say hire a representative so they can help you .

Saggi09

Sep 24, 2021
Assuming this is a paper form that you have to fill out and not the online wed form that we initially filled . Both are slightly different .

In paper form IMM 5406 , you need to fill out 2 form One for your Father ( Principal applicant ) and one for your mother ( Dependent ) Assuming you do not have any other dependent or else they also need to fill out form .

Now open the IMM 5406 and look at Section A , Here you should fill information of Principal Applicant ( Lets say Your Father ) , In Spouse Section ( Your Mother name ) , Mother ( Your Grand Mother ) Gather ( Your Grand Father)
Now lets come to Section B - Children ( Here you need to enter your name and your brother's and Sister's name )
Section C - Brothers and Sister ( Here you need to provide the principal applicants which is your father's sister and brother name )

Rememeber after you fill out the above form , you now need to fill out one more for your Mother ,

Now when you fill out form for your mother
Section A - Applicant ( Your father name Same as the first form that you fill out ) , Spouse name ( Your mother's name . Same as the first one ) Mother ( Your rand mother from your Mother side ) Father ( Your grand father's name , From your mother side )

Section B should have name of Childen of your mother ( Same as the first form )

Section C must include the brother and sister from your mother side ( not Father side just like Section B )

This way you fill out 2 IMM 5406 form , One for your Father and one for your mother . I hope this helps ? If you are still confuse i would say hire a representative so they can help you .
So when including the siblings of my mother, does it matter whether they are Canadian citizens or PR? Or do i mention them regardless?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So when including the siblings of my mother, does it matter whether they are Canadian citizens or PR? Or do i mention them regardless?
in IMM 5406 you list ALL siblings of that person that's supposed to fill the form. (e.g. your mother)
It doesn't matter where they are and if they are PRs or citizens.

Reactions: Saggi09

dpatel08

Aug 15, 2017
Yes for that form you need to provide the name of the siblings of your mother and Date of birth and place of birth too and email address . But i don't see any place on the form to provide the address ( Address section was on the web form not on paper form ) But if they want address then write a letter and provide the current address of all her siblings . This way you are covered .

sverma

Mar 28, 2015
Category........
Other
Anyboday received aor from 2022 application for pgp??
I was referring to the PGP 2021 group, which will give you an idea about the estimated time before people get AOR, not sure if the application processing got any faster than last year. But, its around 4 months