+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
thanks,
The Visa is valid to July 2022 but I am hesitant because It will obviously pass the 12 month Medical validity.
CBSA officer that will process your mom's visa and COPR will not ask validity of IME. The case officer must have extended your mom's IME.

preet05

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
Hello folks, its been over 1 month since i submitted webform for letting CPC mississauga know that my mother is in canada for virtual landing as i received PPR. No reply from them just a acknowledgment of webform.

Is it normal guys. Anyone else in same boat ?????

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
My mom sent her passport to VFS on Sept 13. Currently, it's showing under process at IRCC Delhi since Sept 15. Typically, how long does NDVO take to issue visa and send passport back?
Delhi IRCC- took 2 weeks (To sent and receive from Kerala)
(BlueDart) passports picked-up on August 27 and Delhi VFS received package on Sept 1
Application approved on Sept 9th
Passports Received back on Sept 13th.

Reactions: kulb

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Hi all,

my mom finally got her passport request yesterday on Sept 21, 2021.
she is based out of India and has been told to send her passport, passport request letter, photo, and height and eye color information.

I had few questions:

1. She has to send the package to a VAC center. The letter does not tell clearly what are the next steps.
    1. Does she physically have to deliver this to a VAC location?
      1. If yes, Right now, she is visiting a family member out of town and does not have a VAC location nearby. Can she courier it to someone else who can deliver it on her behalf?
      2. Do we need an appointment to go to the VAC center?
    2. Can she send it via courier directly to the VAC center?
  2. For the height and eye color, do we just write on a piece of paper stating the information or does it have to be in a format?

Roya-FSW

Aug 7, 2013
Hello everyone, I have a question about landing. My mother received her COPR which is valid till July 2022. Her one year medical exam expires November 2021. In the Copr, Medical is valid until July 2022. Which date is considered the deadline for landing?
Hi Hiva
Where was your visa office?

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hi all,

she is based out of India and has been told to send her passport, passport request letter, photo, and height and eye color information.

I had few questions:

1. She has to send the package to a VAC center. The letter does not tell clearly what are the next steps.
      1. If yes, Right now, she is visiting a family member out of town and does not have a VAC location nearby. Can she courier it to someone else who can deliver it on her behalf?
  2. For the height and eye color, do we just write on a piece of paper stating the information or does it have to be in a format?
1. The information Letter (PPR) does have all the information .Check "To submit your package while overseas:" section

1.1. No, please fill VFS webform . Use this link https://vfs-cic.mioot.com/forms/PS/
1.2. No- Due to COVID no walk-ins ,only 2 way courier option
2. No, use VFS webform - BlueDart will pick-up and drop-off the passports

2. For height and eye color, just put the details in a word doc and print. Make sure to put same info you used when you filled the PR forms.

Format we used

From ,

Name

UCI: 12345678

File # F0000000000

Address

To,

The Officer

VFS Global Canada

Subject: Height and Eye color

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have received information letter from IRCC for submitting our travel document. Please see the following Height and Eye color details:

Name: ********

Height: 167 CM

Eye Color Right: Black

Eye Color Left: Black

Please do the needful

Thank you!
Name/Signature

Last edited:

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hello everyone, I have a question about landing. My mother received her COPR which is valid till July 2022. Her one year medical exam expires November 2021. In the Copr, Medical is valid until July 2022. Which date is considered the deadline for landing?
COPR date is the deadline. Are you in tracker? Could you share your timeline?

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi all,

I had few questions:

When was your decision made

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
When was your decision made
Hi, you need to send all this to VFS VAC and they are not accepting any in-person passports. You will need to do a two way courier. So she can apply from anywhere as VFS VAC has many locations all across. Yes, that info needs to be sent on a piece of paper separately. Good news!!

Reactions: acerbico423

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi all,

I had few questions:

Hi, you need to send all this to VFS VAC and they are not accepting any in-person passports. You will need to do a two way courier. So she can apply from anywhere as VFS VAC has many locations all across. Yes, that info needs to be sent on a piece of paper separately. Good news!!

• Love
Reactions: acerbico423

SunshineNam

Jul 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
IELTS Request
20-09-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-08-2017
For all those who used an alternate address for passport pick up- how does one go about it without being present?

My parents' address is not serviceable, hence they are using a different address. But they cant be present there from 9-5pm. Should they leave an attested letter or something like that?
Likewise, for pick up also? Can someone else accept the passport for them?

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
For all those who used an alternate address for passport pick up- how does one go about it without being present?

My parents' address is not serviceable, hence they are using a different address. But they cant be present there from 9-5pm. Should they leave an attested letter or something like that?
Likewise, for pick up also? Can someone else accept the passport for them?
I think you should contact VFS VAC helpline. They ask for alternate pickup location in case of non-serviceable areas. All the best!

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Hi all,
Can someone please let me know how and when can you apply for parents care card (medical card). Is the passport request letter (decision made) the confirmation of PR or there is anything else obtained after passports are returned? My parents have submitted their passports to VAC and wonder if I will be expecting any final update on my portal. The letter says that once your passports are received, you have up to one year to enter Canada which means that this is the final step. I wanted to apply for my parents medical card but unsure what and how to start this. Do we get any instructions from IRCC? I did get pre-arrival service letter but it doesn't have any info on medical card?
Thanks