+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Marini

Sep 22, 2021
Hi,

I got the notification that my application to sponsorship my mom has been withdrawn since I have not met the minimum income in 2016. As per my NOA I met the threshold, however $5K came from EI and therefore I fell short $2,600. I did not know that EI was excluded from the calculation of income requirements, which looks unfair since I paid taxes over that amount of money. 2017-2018 income are way above the minimum required.

In the letter I received CIC says that my application was withdrawn and the money will be refund. Is there any way I can appeal CIC decision?

Thank you,
M

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
Hi,

I got the notification that my application to sponsorship my mom has been withdrawn since I have not met the minimum income in 2016. As per my NOA I met the threshold, however $5K came from EI and therefore I fell short $2,600. I did not know that EI was excluded from the calculation of income requirements, which looks unfair since I paid taxes over that amount of money. 2017-2018 income are way above the minimum required.

In the letter I received CIC says that my application was withdrawn and the money will be refund. Is there any way I can appeal CIC decision?

Thank you,
M
HI Marini

Was your family size same for all the 3 years?

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
Including my mom will be 4. I did not include my hubby's income because I thought mine was more than enough.

Thanks,
M
Is it safe to assume that the family size was 4 for 2016,2017,2018?

SunshineNam

Jul 16, 2017
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
26-04-2017
IELTS Request
20-09-2016
Med's Done....
31-03-2016
Passport Req..
21-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-07-2017
LANDED..........
31-08-2017
I think you should contact VFS VAC helpline. They ask for alternate pickup location in case of non-serviceable areas. All the best!
Thank you! Yes, I m aware of that.
I wanted to know if they need any letter authorizing the people living at the alternate address to handover the passports on my parents' behalf.

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Thank you! Yes, I m aware of that.
I wanted to know if they need any letter authorizing the people living at the alternate address to handover the passports on my parents' behalf.
I would think it is nice to always give a simple letter to provide supporting info needed. If you are sending someone else for pickup, usually authorization (like confirming the signature of person picking up in a letter and some identification (e.g. drivers license or passport etc.) would never hurt.

scion123

Jan 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys , I got a request to send Adhar card & Voter card for proof or relationship and they have also request PCC again. I have already submitted PCC in 2019 should I get a new one or can send the old one.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi Guys , I got a request to send Adhar card & Voter card for proof or relationship and they have also request PCC again. I have already submitted PCC in 2019 should I get a new one or can send the old one.
I was asked for PCC twice, i just resubmitted the old ones along with the proof that the original PCC was submitted at the time of the original request and i said i can provide copies of new ones if necessary. They accepted the old ones...

abcxyz

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
I think providing everything asked for will help to avoid any additional delays. But as I saw a previous comment about submitting the old PCC worked, maybe you can start the process for PCC but send the old one with the statement. I know PCC has validity so sometimes they may require a new one and they are doing it very randomly-some people need it and others don't. So starting the process will help you save some time in case they require a new one.

scion123

Jan 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
I was asked for PCC twice, i just resubmitted the old ones along with the proof that the original PCC was submitted at the time of the original request and i said i can provide copies of new ones if necessary. They accepted the old ones...
Yes thay have asked be to provide the copy of original and there is a link to upload in MyCIC account

Police Certificates : You are required to provide a copy of your original police certificate from India. Please follow these instructions to ensure you provide the correct police certificate: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/policecertificates/how.html This must be received at this office by: 2021/10/22

scion123

Jan 28, 2019
Category........
PNP
I think providing everything asked for will help to avoid any additional delays. But as I saw a previous comment about submitting the old PCC worked, maybe you can start the process for PCC but send the old one with the statement. I know PCC has validity so sometimes they may require a new one and they are doing it very randomly-some people need it and others don't. So starting the process will help you save some time in case they require a new one.
Thank you