+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I'm in a dilemma...first, my father whom I am sponsoring, contracted the COVID virus. Thankfully, he only had mild symptoms, but still in the hospital. His medical exam is schduled next week. It will be past 60 days next week, since we received the medical request from CIC. I initially sent a request to extend the deadline because of the lockdown back home. NOw, I need to request another extension.

Anyone in similar situation before? For sure, I will have to ask for another extension. I'm only worried that CIC might reject my father's sponsorship application because of the timing. :(
If you show them the Covid test result, they would never reject it. No human being would reject this case.

Reactions: 1tintin2

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Guys
In the PPR request from cic, it says to provide the height and eye color. Howeverm the VFS webform says, dont include anything other than passport, photos and the letter. Has anyone else faced a similar situation. Where do you provide the height and eye color?
How about putting these info in the backsides of photos?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all,

I'm in a dilemma...first, my father whom I am sponsoring, contracted the COVID virus. Thankfully, he only had mild symptoms, but still in the hospital. His medical exam is schduled next week. It will be past 60 days next week, since we received the medical request from CIC. I initially sent a request to extend the deadline because of the lockdown back home. NOw, I need to request another extension.

Anyone in similar situation before? For sure, I will have to ask for another extension. I'm only worried that CIC might reject my father's sponsorship application because of the timing. :(
Talk to your panel of Physician about the situation when you call them to postpone the appointment. You don't need to worry about CIC deadline for IME as this will be unavoidable situation but you have to communicate with them. Your dad's health is the priority here.

Reactions: 1tintin2

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
My mom sent her passport to VFS on Sept 13. Currently, it's showing under process at IRCC Delhi since Sept 15. Typically, how long does NDVO take to issue visa and send passport back?

Hiva

Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone, I have a question about landing. My mother received her COPR which is valid till July 2022. Her one year medical exam expires November 2021. In the Copr, Medical is valid until July 2022. Which date is considered the deadline for landing?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello everyone, I have a question about landing. My mother received her COPR which is valid till July 2022. Her one year medical exam expires November 2021. In the Copr, Medical is valid until July 2022. Which date is considered the deadline for landing?
They stamp the visa with a validity date in the passport. If your mom travels before that visa validity date, should be fine.

Hiva

Jul 23, 2019
It is said that an immigrant should land in Canada within 12 months of a medical exam. Is that from the date of the exam itself or the valid date as given in the medical details section in the COPR, which is 7months later than the 12 month period in my case?

Hiva

Jul 23, 2019
They stamp the visa with a validity date in the passport. If your mom travels before that visa validity date, should be fine.
thanks,
The Visa is valid to July 2022 but I am hesitant because It will obviously pass the 12 month Medical validity.

vs1980

Mar 30, 2015
To anyone who's parents have already completed the medical for the 2020 PGP, did any of you see a status change under medical, something that confirms that the medical exam has been received. I contacted my panel physician and he mentioned that his clinic already submitted the e-medical to ircc!
Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks!
I am 2019 but once medical is reviewed you will see medical results received in ecas.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
To anyone who's parents have already completed the medical for the 2020 PGP, did any of you see a status change under medical, something that confirms that the medical exam has been received. I contacted my panel physician and he mentioned that his clinic already submitted the e-medical to ircc!
Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks!
If you are checking ECAS, then no, you will not see any update there. However, if you login to the IRCC account you will see it as passed if that is the case.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Furtherance request letter received today for remedicals done in July 2021.

I have a few questions regarding furtherance request:
1. My father has got 120 days to get the medical done. Does everyone gets this long to submit results?
2. Should we go to the same panel physician or can change to a new one for furtherance?
3. Will the panel physician tell me if I call what tests are required even if we want a later date for the tests or a different physician after knowing what's needed?

I am really worried as the first medicals were done in India in 2019 and everything went. Currently, they are here in Canada and we got furtherance now.

I would really appreciate if someone could reply.
To answer your first question, there is a test for TB that takes long. May be that is the reason they gave you 120 days. Again, this is my guess.

I think it is better to go to the same doctor but since your parents are in Canada, that might not be possible. Not sure how this works, but I think any panel physician should be able to pull up the details of what is required. I would suggest call a panel or physician in your neighborhood and find out.

Reactions: Feb2004