+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
Hello! Received today gcms notes, finally. So as I can see sponsorship passed on July 27th anf case sent to Warsaw on July 28th electronically. There is information that mail and email were sent with approval letter buy unfortunately we didn't received anything yet. Anybody with news from Warsaw? Do they sending AOR when case will be open?

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi , I know this is an old post . But I am stuck in the same situation. My dad was not informed about the bill and we were sent a bill later to home. The visit was very short like you said 5 min . The insurance company in India is asking for signature on all the paper from the doctor who treated my dad. Could you please guide me in how you got your money from the insurance .

thanks,
Deepika
I suggest getting in touch with health authority in your region and request them for help. You cant follow up with doctor directly
explain this to insurance company in India.

Also, I would highly recommend to get insurance from local Canadian company as the claims process is much faster.
Best wishes

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Furtherance request letter received today for remedicals done in July 2021.

I have a few questions regarding furtherance request:
1. My father has got 120 days to get the medical done. Does everyone gets this long to submit results?
2. Should we go to the same panel physician or can change to a new one for furtherance?
3. Will the panel physician tell me if I call what tests are required even if we want a later date for the tests or a different physician after knowing what's needed?

I am really worried as the first medicals were done in India in 2019 and everything went. Currently, they are here in Canada and we got furtherance now.

I would really appreciate if someone could reply.

Last edited:

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Hi , I know this is an old post . But I am stuck in the same situation. My dad was not informed about the bill and we were sent a bill later to home. The visit was very short like you said 5 min . The insurance company in India is asking for signature on all the paper from the doctor who treated my dad. Could you please guide me in how you got your money from the insurance .

thanks,
Deepika
Hi Deepika, I had to do the same. You would have to go to the hospital’s records room. They would need an authorization from the patient to hand over the medical records to you. It’s been a while so I don’t remember if they gave me a form or was it just an email. You can always call them or visit to find out. The process was easy. Hope this helps.

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
Please I need help, I have seen so many applications moving forward and I wish them well. It is unfortunate to see my mom's application not moving, not hearing anything knowing we meet the requirements. What can I do? I need to bring my parent with me.

Application Received: June 20, 2019
Sponsorship Approval Letter: Feb 27, 2020
I haven't heard anything since Feb 27, 2020.

Our files were sent to Mexico, then I wrote an email and I received this:
Please be advised that case XXXXX is in progress, according to the information we have in the system the review process is taking place in our (CPC Mississauga) office. They shoud be in contact with you in the following days with more updates.

That was in April, and since then I still don't hear anything.

I need help.

ronakrpatel

Apr 29, 2019
Please I need help, I have seen so many applications moving forward and I wish them well. It is unfortunate to see my mom's application not moving, not hearing anything knowing we meet the requirements. What can I do? I need to bring my parent with me.

Please be advised that case XXXXX is in progress, according to the information we have in the system the review process is taking place in our (CPC Mississauga) office. They shoud be in contact with you in the following days with more updates.

I need help.
HI,
I am in the same boat as you. I have received last update in March 2020. I have tried Local MP, GCMS notes, call center and Web form but all get the answer that "due to COVID 19 there is very minimum staff and it is taking longer than expected." I am also not sure what to do for this situation. My file is also in Mississauga office. My parents medical expired in Nov 2020. Let me know if you find any other solution for this situation.

Thanks.

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Good morning, I wonder if somebody had experience with applying supervisa after applying for parent sponsorship?
Will IRCC approve such visa after they saw an active PR application on file? How long does it take for supervisa approval assuming I already have biometric and valid medical? Thanks
My PR application has been on-hold due to COVID, no movement for almost a year, trying to find another way to bring my parents to Canada now...

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
Hello! Received today gcms notes, finally. So as I can see sponsorship passed on July 27th anf case sent to Warsaw on July 28th electronically. There is information that mail and email were sent with approval letter buy unfortunately we didn't received anything yet. Anybody with news from Warsaw? Do they sending AOR when case will be open?
when did you order the notes?

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012

I need help.
I strongly suggest ordering GCMS notes. What myself and a lot of other folks have noticed is, that there is movement in the file right after (in many cases the next day) after the GCMS notes are ordered. Dont lose hope, try this and see if it works. Please dont think of this as a formula to get the file moving. Its just worth a try.

Last edited:

noormahal

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
AOR Received.
15-09-2011
Med's Request
20-09-2011
Med's Done....
23-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2012
LANDED..........
29-03-2012
Hi Guys
In the PPR request from cic, it says to provide the height and eye color. Howeverm the VFS webform says, dont include anything other than passport, photos and the letter. Has anyone else faced a similar situation. Where do you provide the height and eye color?

Adelina2091

Star Member
Oct 26, 2019
when did you order the notes?
First time at june, then in July 20th they asked signed permission from my parents, i send it and never received my notes, in August 20th I send another request with permission, and yesterday received notes but some pages just blank even I send them permission from my parents to see all information.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
File transferred from CPC-Mississauga to Singapore on Sept 1, 2021. Today I received pre-arrival services letter. I hope this is an indication that the process is close to completion.

Reactions: laxsun

jjedm

Oct 7, 2016
HI,
I am in the same boat as you. I have received last update in March 2020. I have tried Local MP, GCMS notes, call center and Web form but all get the answer that "due to COVID 19 there is very minimum staff and it is taking longer than expected." I am also not sure what to do for this situation. My file is also in Mississauga office. My parents medical expired in Nov 2020. Let me know if you find any other solution for this situation.

Thanks.
Thanks for sharing your situation. What is GCMS notes? Do you mind sharing what you wrote to the local mp?

1tintin2

May 16, 2019
Hi all,

I'm in a dilemma...first, my father whom I am sponsoring, contracted the COVID virus. Thankfully, he only had mild symptoms, but still in the hospital. His medical exam is schduled next week. It will be past 60 days next week, since we received the medical request from CIC. I initially sent a request to extend the deadline because of the lockdown back home. NOw, I need to request another extension.

Anyone in similar situation before? For sure, I will have to ask for another extension. I'm only worried that CIC might reject my father's sponsorship application because of the timing. :(