+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

afged

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
Hi everyone,

When you submit your passport at VFS office can you collect it back from VFS office ? and how long it may take ?
thnks

Japy77

Star Member
Dec 19, 2013
Hello Friends please help,
CIC want my mother to repeat her biometric and submit them before October 2, 2021. I am not getting any appointment in Jalandhar or Chandigarh for Biometric appointment. Please help me what can I do

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi can you please help as I am in the same boat.
Did you get any instructions in Sponsor letter? Do you have timeline when you need to submit these docs? Also do you submit or the principal applicant?
Were you able to link application as sponsor? Or only Principal applicant can link?
The above question is to @deepi06.
@raulmart897 can you fill in following information about your case:
Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date:Date:Date:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date:Date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

deepi06

Jun 23, 2015
1. It is OK to do biometrics whenever your parents can do earliest.
3. Your AOR was received on Sep 10, 2020. This time you must have received sponsorship approval (SA) letter stating the local visa office (LVO).
Can you tell us the date of the SA letter and LVO?
Now wait for DM2 after biometrics is complete and PCC is sent.
Thanks @laxsun . I received the SA letter on September 10th. LVO is CPC Missisuaga.

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hello,

Question regarding parent and grand parent sponsership passport submission in India

I have small question regarding Passport submission, My parents got passport request and I'm trying to submit webform in VFS to send passports, But There is only option to select one applicant for one passport request. Is this how we need to send passports or do we need to contract VFS to create special request to submit both passports in one package.

Please help me, We have booked tickets for 13thOct(these are booked while ago).

Thank you
you have to fill separate web-forms, pay separately and send the packages separately.

Last edited:

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hello everyone, need some help. I received ' information letter' and 'request letter' in mycic. Both are same docs that are referring to PPR. however, both letters are addressed to my father (principal applicant'. There is no mention of my mother (dependent). Is this normal? Should there be one for my other as well?
Yes it is normal, we received both passports back from Delhi IRCC. Our letter was only mentioning principal applicant's name.

jittujobyjohn_1985

Star Member
Mar 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

When you submit your passport at VFS office can you collect it back from VFS office ? and how long it may take ?
thnks
2 way courier- if you are applying via VFS India, BlueDart will collect passports from the address you provide. Once the application is approved, they will deliver the passports back.
For our application , took 14 days to sent/receive passports (Kerala - IRCC Delhi)

Reactions: kulb

sim09

Sep 17, 2021
applied for my parents in 2019
SA- Decision Made
Parent application - In-Progress
Re-Medical passed - 24 Aug
I have received letter to provide Aadhar card/voter card for my parents and Travel history and current address. My parents never travel outside the country and they are in India.
In Travel form they mentioned your dependent child18 years or older, do we need to provide details on this? As its only for my parents?
In the letter they have mentioned my Canada's address and that too having spelling mistake.
Can somebody please help me to understand as what and how I need to provide current address details i.e their Indian address and also at which stage my file is and how long it will take to get the final decision.
Thanks!

deepika3891

Sep 20, 2021
Going to emergency room will cost you a fortune. I once paid for my mom $700+ for emergency room visit - 6 hours of wait and under 5 mins consultation. Luckily she had a travel insurance so the amount was reimbursed later. However when she went there they won’t accept direct payment from the insurance. I had to pay on the spot.
Hi , I know this is an old post . But I am stuck in the same situation. My dad was not informed about the bill and we were sent a bill later to home. The visit was very short like you said 5 min . The insurance company in India is asking for signature on all the paper from the doctor who treated my dad. Could you please guide me in how you got your money from the insurance .

thanks,
Deepika

marcus_214

Feb 8, 2021
To anyone who's parents have already completed the medical for the 2020 PGP, did any of you see a status change under medical, something that confirms that the medical exam has been received. I contacted my panel physician and he mentioned that his clinic already submitted the e-medical to ircc!
Any inputs will be appreciated. Thanks!