+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Husazi01

Sep 3, 2016
We got our passport request today. The letter specifies to advise the office within 5 days via web form if the sponsor is already in Canada, but it does not give the link. Does anyone know where I can find it.

Reactions: mandyzworkshop

RickKansal

May 25, 2021
IRCC requested medical for my parents last week and we completed it yesterday. Usually medical report is sent to IRCC directly by the hospital, but as per following instructions, do we need to submit anything (e.g. e-medical information sheet) on our own?

YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND.
Instructions for the Parents and Grandparents application forms and process can be found on our website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-formsguides/
sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

*IMPORTANT*
Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via email. Please include “PGPAPR”
and your file number in the subject line of the email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
3. Additionally, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
4. Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence
addressed to:
CPC Mississauga – PGP APR
PO BOX 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
IRCC requested medical for my parents last week and we completed it yesterday. Usually medical report is sent to IRCC directly by the hospital, but as per following instructions, do we need to submit anything (e.g. e-medical information sheet) on our own?

YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND.
Instructions for the Parents and Grandparents application forms and process can be found on our website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-formsguides/
sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

*IMPORTANT*
Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via email. Please include “PGPAPR”
and your file number in the subject line of the email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
3. Additionally, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
4. Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence
addressed to:
CPC Mississauga – PGP APR
PO BOX 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4
Upload the information sheet on your CIC account. The medical may get passed faster.

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
IRCC has requested second medical test for my parents. They have given only 1 month to complete the test. My parents are in India and in their state the Covid cases are still high and lockdown is not fully over. Will IRCC extend the the time? How to request extension?
you can request extension via webform

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Congratulations! What is the processing date on your ECAS? Usually, they note down "We started processing ***'s application on *** there. Can you share the date? Thanks!
Hi jqi, Well originally they began processing last year but then Covid happened... This time eCAS stated that processing began on April 23rd after medicals were extended on April 18th.

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Sorry if this is a daft question but can we use the same photos for the passport request letter (COPR) that were used in the original application about two years ago or do we have to have new ones taken? Thanks.

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
Hi jqi, Well originally they began processing last year but then Covid happened... This time eCAS stated that processing began on April 23rd after medicals were extended on April 18th.
thanks for the information. they started processing our application on April 23 after they sent us request for 2nd medical exam as well. but we don't have final DM yet. so frustrating...

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Good Afternoon fellow applicants - just received COPR/Passport request! Guess everything will be a rush now. @laxsun, @robertp, @serious_cheese please could you update line 572. Things really seem to be happening for us all now :)
Congratulations for PPR! Did you receive it on Sunday June 13?
You have also received COPR means your parents are now in Canada?
Normally they send PPR and issue COPR with PR Visa.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Yes...I have requested and awaiting response.
Hi. How did you request extension? Via web form? Did you send your request as a sponsor/rep or did you ask your parents to submit it online? My mom's medical has also expired, so planning to do this myself now. Thanks.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Looking for the link to the tracker but can’t seem to find it.

I see today on eCas that my MILs application has changed from “Application Received” to “In Process.” When I click on the link, it doesn’t tell me the date it changed status. It just shows the last note about requesting additional information. MyCIC doesn’t have any information. What is likely to happen next and how soon?
Tracker link is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit#gid=945174368
Your case is in line 750. They normally post in eCas as "We started processing your application on #######"

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Congratulations for PPR! Did you receive it on Sunday June 13?
You have also received COPR means your parents are now in Canada?
Normally they send PPR and issue COPR with PR Visa.
Hi Laxsun, Apologies , you are right; it’s passport request leading to the COPR. I was obviously so excited that I didn’t read it properly!
We are in the UK so it was received Monday June 14th afternoon. It’s one six page letter.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Sadly my mom's medical has expired. First time, she had to do all regular tests + sputum test. She had to travel to a different region for the sputum test. Will she have to repeat sputum test again 2nd time? She is a senior widow, living alone. Due to COVID-19 in India, it will be very risky and impossible to travel to another region.