+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
IRCC requested medical for my parents last week and we completed it yesterday. Usually medical report is sent to IRCC directly by the hospital, but as per following instructions, do we need to submit anything (e.g. e-medical information sheet) on our own?

YOU HAVE 30 DAYS TO RESPOND.
Instructions for the Parents and Grandparents application forms and process can be found on our website:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-formsguides/
sponsorship-parents-grandparents.html

*IMPORTANT*
Please only submit the requested information and documents via one of the following methods:
1. For instant updates, submit your documents via IRCC secure account (MyCIC) at:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
2. If you cannot use IRCC secure account, you may submit your documents via email. Please include “PGPAPR”
and your file number in the subject line of the email to:
IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
3. Additionally, you may send the requested information/document(s) via the IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx
4. Should you choose to submit by mail, please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence
addressed to:
CPC Mississauga – PGP APR
PO BOX 6100, Station A
Mississauga, ON L5A 4H4
no

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Laxsun, Apologies , you are right; it’s passport request leading to the COPR. I was obviously so excited that I didn’t read it properly!
We are in the UK so it was received Monday June 14th afternoon. It’s one six page letter.
No problem. They must have asked two photos for COPR to be sent with Passport.
I have updated your line in the tracker.

Reactions: Leonora7

jqi

Dec 15, 2020
Sadly my mom's medical has expired. First time, she had to do all regular tests + sputum test. She had to travel to a different region for the sputum test. Will she have to repeat sputum test again 2nd time? She is a senior widow, living alone. Due to COVID-19 in India, it will be very risky and impossible to travel to another region.
It depends. If there is no change in her x-ray this time, she won't be requested to do sputum test again. My dad did sputum test for the 1st time as well and they didn't require him to do sputum test for the 2nd time.

Reactions: kulb

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
My parent's application is in Application received status with all the imp dates listed below. I have been patiently waiting for the process to pick up its pace but it seems like nothing is happening. Can someone help me with some idea on when we can expect this process to complete?

Invitation received: April 28, 2019
Application received: June 19, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
DM as per Ecas: Pct 29, 2020
Biometrics: Oct 28, 2019
LVO: New Delhi

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
How do I add my newborn baby to my parent's PGP application? I think it is required to update the application but I am not sure how to do that. Any suggestions.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Sorry if this is a daft question but can we use the same photos for the passport request letter (COPR) that were used in the original application about two years ago or do we have to have new ones taken? Thanks.
Congratulations. You need to send in recent photos that are not more than 6 months old.

Reactions: Leonora7

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My parent's application is in Application received status with all the imp dates listed below. I have been patiently waiting for the process to pick up its pace but it seems like nothing is happening. Can someone help me with some idea on when we can expect this process to complete?

Invitation received: April 28, 2019
Application received: June 19, 2019
AOR: Nov 27, 2019
DM as per Ecas: Pct 29, 2020
Biometrics: Oct 28, 2019
LVO: New Delhi
You must be aware that New Delhi Visa office is closed now due to covid situation. Wait for few months and they will start processing your parents' application.

Reactions: PS-BC

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
How do I add my newborn baby to my parent's PGP application? I think it is required to update the application but I am not sure how to do that. Any suggestions.
You need to send a webform informing them that you (sponsor) had a newborn baby. Send copy of baby’s birth certificate with it.

Reactions: PS-BC

PS-BC

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
You must be aware that New Delhi Visa office is closed now due to covid situation. Wait for few months and they will start processing your parents' application.
This is so annoying. I don't know when they will be back in the office.