+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Blue_bird19

Sep 20, 2019
Hi everyone,

Are second medical requests sent automatically after the expiry of the first ones or an officer should ask for it?

The first medicals were completed on June 14, 2020. I received second medical requests today. Does that mean someone is working on our file and send a request? Should I be optimistic?

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi everyone,

Are second medical requests sent automatically after the expiry of the first ones or an officer should ask for it?

The first medicals were completed on June 14, 2020. I received second medical requests today. Does that mean someone is working on our file and send a request? Should I be optimistic?
Is the applicant in Canada?

Reactions: Blue_bird19

srivatsanvr

Oct 17, 2012
IRCC has requested second medical test for my parents. They have given only 1 month to complete the test. My parents are in India and in their state the Covid cases are still high and lockdown is not fully over. Will IRCC extend the the time? How to request extension?

Reactions: serious_cheese

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
The dependent's age is "locked" when the application is submitted. BUT if they choose to get married or become common-law, they are NO LONGER dependents. You must inform IRCC to remove them from the application (just include them in additional member form). They can no longer become PR with their parents.
How I can add them now in additional member form as I already put the name in dependent

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please update: dhillozcanada22 #2

Application Recvd - May 29, 2019
Biometrics request - June 10, 2021
Medical Request - June 11, 2021

Finally after two years some movement in the file.
This is good news! we've been waiting for 2 years too. Application received May 31. Hope to hear good news this week.

Reactions: dhillozcanada22

Verooney

Star Member
Aug 11, 2015
The application is being processed in Case Processing Centre Mississauga, but my parents are outside of Canada (responsible visa office is Ankara).
Are you in tracker? Can you share your timeline?

Medical results are sent by the doctor directly to visa office.

Goldypreet30

Jun 12, 2021
I have been waiting for my parents PR nothing yet
I applied in 2019 and they did their medicals in november 2019 just before pandemic started i called cic they said that they dont require any more info and that i have to wait, fingerprints are also completed and everything else is done , we are just waiting for passport request. My question was do my parents have to undergo medical again and anyone has idea how long it will take for passport request

7fifty

Mar 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone from Accra visa office here? No news from them since biometric passed in Nov 2019 :(. Do you suggest an upfront medical to expedite the process?

Anonymous1987

Feb 12, 2020
I had all three applicants get a medical request back in Dec 2019 and now the 2nd medical request is for only the principal applicant. Has anyone had this happen?

Candi0707

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Does anyone's application have progress after 2nd medical exam recently? My parents got the request for 2nd medical exam as the previous one expired on April 20 and the exam got passed on May 18. 3 weeks have passed but still no change in application. Still in process and no DM. It seems most of the people got DM fairly quickly after 2nd medical passed. So want to see whether anyone else has update. Our visa office is CPC-M. Thanks!
We are on the same boat. My 2nd medical passed on May 27. No update so far.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
How I can add them now in additional member form as I already put the name in dependent
I don't understand your question. If you included them as dependent in the original application, they would have already filled in their own imm 5406. (assuming that they are over 18 years old) And your PA's IMM 5406 already have their names (since regardless, they are PA's family members)

And you need to update other application forms that mention their names as dependents and likely write an explaination letter to indicate the change of situation (they got married or started a common law relationship after) to remove them as dependents.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
IRCC has requested second medical test for my parents. They have given only 1 month to complete the test. My parents are in India and in their state the Covid cases are still high and lockdown is not fully over. Will IRCC extend the the time? How to request extension?
May 29, 2019 applicant here. My mom (widow) living alone in Delhi. Her medical was done 1 year ago. I'm terrified that IRCC that slept on her file will ask her to repeat. I don't know how I will ask her to do it again given the very bad C19 situation there. Did u request an extension?

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi everyone,

Not sure but probably the system generated a 2nd medical request. I wouldn't get my hopes to high.