+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ash44

Jan 17, 2021
Hi Everyone, after finishing 3 days mandatory hotel quarantine are parents allowed to finish remaining quarantine period at our house with a separate room and washroom?

Reactions: Verba

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello everyone,

My parents were approved after march 18, 2020 therefore they cannot travel to Canada, but since they are my immediate family members, they are exempt from this restriction. Question though, should they obtsin a visitor visa ON TOP OF their IMMIGRANT'S ONE to cross the board?

Thank you

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
Hello everyone,

My parents were approved after march 18, 2020 therefore they cannot travel to Canada, but since they are my immediate family members, they are exempt from this restriction. Question though, should they obtsin a visitor visa ON TOP OF their IMMIGRANT'S ONE to cross the board?

Thank you
Hello! As I see from local visa office statistics which is Warsaw for both of us, we are right after you according to time of passing Medicals so I am interested if you already got your Decision made or PPR? Or you just ask for future? Thank you

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello! As I see from local visa office statistics which is Warsaw for both of us, we are right after you according to time of passing Medicals so I am interested if you already got your Decision made or PPR? Or you just ask for future? Thank you
Im yet to update my info on this forum. Parents got passports back with immigrant visa this February.

OlyaMK

Apr 3, 2018
Im yet to update my info on this forum. Parents got passports back with immigrant visa this February.
thank you for your reply but that is weird. You just forgot to update your timeline? 2 months? I was following your timeline to get orientation about how the process is going on and was sure everything is stucked as I saw your file is stucked. We just lost 2 months because of you. We were waiting if you get decisions made status because we still cannot get BIO done but if we know you got decisions made status already we could make some special efforts and go to another country to do BIO.
Why you think you need tourists visa if your parents have immigrant visas? I was travelling to Canada with my immigrants visas in our passports 12 years ago.

sujwal

Jan 24, 2013
Hello everyone,

Thank you
If your parents were approved for Permanent Residence through PGP sponsorship, they do not need any other visa, actually there cant be 2 visas simultaneously for an individual. They can travel with the COPR and the passport.

Reactions: Verba

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
My mother in law is on super visa and she got her first dose yesterday. Its free for visitors too.
Did they got Astrazeneca vaccine? Are there any side effects from this vaccine? My parents are on visitor status since 5 months and thinking of getting vaccine.

Devang T

Star Member
Oct 23, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
Med's Request
09-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
IN PROCESS-- 18-06-2014; DECISION MADE-- 10 JULY, 2014
Passport Req..
July 24, 2014; SPOUSE PPR - 18 AUG
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 08, 2014;
My dad got the email (twice, actually) and forwarded it to me. We are still in the application received part... not even in process yet for sponsor approval.
Same here we have been waiting as well, applied in May 2019 and still application received and no sponsor approval!

May 30, 2018
May 29,2019 File Sent
November 2019 Medical Done
March 2020 Decision Made
Dec 2020 inquired about status on DM
January 2021 - remedical request
March 20221 - remedical submitted and passed
April 2021 - Passport Request

office - CPC missisauga
Hello, How come the office is CPC missisauga ? Were you parents in Canada when you applied ? Passport request should be from Office that is processing the application. Isn't it ? Kindly correct me if I am wrong

May 30, 2018
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun

PPR - April 05, 2021

LVO - NDVO

Parents in Canada. Received no phone call from IRCC but the letter saying that to submit the passports.

Please update line #393
Hello Ashu,
Did your parents come to Canada on a Visitor Visa while PGP application was in process ? Did you inform IRCC that they are in Canada now ? In short, I want to ask is Can parents come to Canada on Visitor Visa while PGP application is in process ? I hope they do not need to go back to India to get CoPR.

jaymistry

Dec 28, 2018
IMM5562: You must have filled that with the initial applications. Make sure the new one you are going to fill has same details as of previous one.
hello Laxsun which form should i use for occupation history prior to retirement for my father in law?