Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Hi @laxsun
Even I am not sure on whether they will stamp the passport as it does not make any sense when the parents are in Canada. I am hoping they would send the COPR in the returned mail though

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
There is no movement in file for me June 17,2019. There is no timeline they are giving , Don't know what to do here .They don't even conform what will be the time frame when will they do anything always the same answer background check is in progress. I am not sure what kind of background check they are doing. Sponsor eligibility has not been started yet

Reactions: JPCh

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
Advice need. I submitted my application on April 29, 2019. Sponsor eligibility passed. Medical done 2019, PCC checked and still waiting on final decision.

My parents are 82 and 83 respectively, living alone in my home country with no one to take care of them. All of their kids (me and 2 other sons) are living in Canada.

Our case transferred to H&C last year due to my dad (PA) medical inadmissible, we responded to PFL in Oct. 2020 and it's 6 months. No feedback.

Every time I call my mom, she cries over the phone asking how long the application is going to take, asking when she can come to Canada. I have no answer for her.

She can barely walk now, but still has to cook, do groceries, and wash clothes for my dad. And they refuse care taker .....

With the travel restriction and my current situation in Canada, really I couldn't go back to my home country to take care of them.

So I'm asking, is there anything I could do to expedite my application?

I know PGP is a waiting game now, but my parents, they can't wait no more...

Any advice is appreciated.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Advice need. I submitted my application on April 29, 2019. Sponsor eligibility passed. Medical done 2019, PCC checked and still waiting on final decision.

My parents are 82 and 83 respectively, living alone in my home country with no one to take care of them. All of their kids (me and 2 other sons) are living in Canada.

Our case transferred to H&C last year due to my dad (PA) medical inadmissible, we responded to PFL in Oct. 2020 and it's 6 months. No feedback.

Every time I call my mom, she cries over the phone asking how long the application is going to take, asking when she can come to Canada. I have no answer for her.

She can barely walk now, but still has to cook, do groceries, and wash clothes for my dad. And they refuse care taker .....

With the travel restriction and my current situation in Canada, really I couldn't go back to my home country to take care of them.

There is literally no movement anywhere I am frustrated to extreme. My mom had a fall and she is on bed rest , there is no one other than my brother to take care for her which is difficult for him to do by himself as well. My Dad passed away back in Jan 2020 and IRCC has no sympathy . I got them a letter from MP to expedite the process they decline that too. I am not sure what else to do. There is no movement in my file it is in application received status till date.

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Can you please call to IRCC once before sending passports. Many posted here that Ottawa returned passports without stamping visa.
What was the DM2 date.
The DM2 date was April 01, 2021 ( I hope that wasnt an april fool's prank :) )
Did gave a call to the IRCC, as always, they have no answers for me this time as well ( or the rep was not qualified for the answer to such situations ). They praised me and said that I did the right thing infact by sending the passport to them which would ensure that the applicant is in Canada ( as if acknowledging various web form requests about updating the location didnt work )

Anyways, with no hope in sight, I will have to wait for the response from the IRCC on the COPR and passport ( which I am pretty sure wont be stamped , cuz that doesnt makes any sense )

Reactions: laxsun

rang_canada

Star Member
Jun 7, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
App. Filed.......
2019-04-29
File Transfer...
2019-07-08
Med's Request
2019-07-08
Med's Done....
2019-07-17
There is literally no movement anywhere I am frustrated to extreme. My mom had a fall and she is on bed rest , there is no one other than my brother to take care for her which is difficult for him to do by himself as well. My Dad passed away back in Jan 2020 and IRCC has no sympathy . I got them a letter from MP to expedite the process they decline that too. I am not sure what else to do. There is no movement in my file it is in application received status till date.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm thinking about reaching out to MP too but not sure how much it can add to my application. It seems like a hit or miss.
Who declined to expedite the process? IRCC?

samshah

Apr 6, 2021
There is no movement in file for me June 17,2019. There is no timeline they are giving , Don't know what to do here .They don't even conform what will be the time frame when will they do anything always the same answer background check is in progress. I am not sure what kind of background check they are doing. Sponsor eligibility has not been started yet
I am in the same boat atleast you have finger prints done i have got nothin yet

File sent on June 5, 2019

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
For anyone whose parents received DM2 lately, are they now in Canada already before DM2?

asad4455

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019

Did you try for the supervisa?

Sartaj

Star Member
Nov 7, 2012
Vancouver BC
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
06 june 2019
June 6 applicant here. Medicals & PCC done sept 2020. DM2 principal applicant side last week followed by PPR same day from NDVO. Sending passports today, parents & 1 dependent in India.
Does anyone have any idea that how long is validity of PR counterfoil or COPR & they will be allowed to travel as immediate family members? Thanks

Reactions: Verba and HKIMM

MaddyBhatia1041

Apr 2, 2021
Beginning April 7, Visa Application Centres (VACs) in India are now accepting biometric enrollment requests for parents and grandparents who have been sponsored under the Family Class by their family members in Canada. If you have a question regarding the VAC and biometric enrolment, please access our frequently asked questions by scanning the QR code ⬇ with your mobile phone. Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council

Will this help us to get processing fast as we are June 20th Applicant ...Thanks