Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
Just want to update.
My parents got the letter from IRCC that they have been approved and are permanat residents of Canada. I received this letter through email. No I am applying for PR card.
After how many days of Decision Made on E-Case, you got this email from CIC ?

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
HELLO

Mother is Principal Applicant, Brother and Sister are dependents
Visa Office - New Delhi

May 13 2019 application received
DM1 - 30 August 2019
Biometrics and Medical done Nov 2019
Medical passed Dec 2019
Pre arrival letter - 17 Dec 2019
2020 Was dead silent No update whatsoever
15 Jan 2021 - Medical extension by IRCC
31 March 2021 - Medical request for Principal applicant and both dependents

Re Medicals booked for 3rd April 2021

Everyone is here in Canada with me since We filled the application

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun
Please update me in tracker, I don't think am in tracker

@Vic R @vivek_vig We have Same time line and I got re medical today too

2nd Medicals done today in BC for Mother and dependents

veeraB

Dec 22, 2016
Hello,

I would really appreciate it if someone could help with my query. We're PGP 2019 applicants and Delhi VO sent us a PPR request a few weeks ago. My mom, dad and brother's passport were sent to IRCC as requested. However, I just checked the IRCC website and it states that:

"You will not be allowed to enter Canada even if you have a valid COPR"

Is it true? Does it mean that my family won't be able to come to Canada for landing? They have visitor visas but as far as I know Visitor VIsas become invalid after you get COPR. Can someone please verify. Moreover, my brother is starting school in September. Does it mean that we have to apply for a study permit for him instead?

Please advise if there's a way to circumvent this issue.

Linked Used: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hello,

I would really appreciate it if someone could help with my query. We're PGP 2019 applicants and Delhi VO sent us a PPR request a few weeks ago. My mom, dad and brother's passport were sent to IRCC as requested. However, I just checked the IRCC website and it states that:

"You will not be allowed to enter Canada even if you have a valid COPR"

Is it true? Does it mean that my family won't be able to come to Canada for landing? They have visitor visas but as far as I know Visitor VIsas become invalid after you get COPR. Can someone please verify. Moreover, my brother is starting school in September. Does it mean that we have to apply for a study permit for him instead?

Please advise if there's a way to circumvent this issue.

Linked Used: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
Your parents can land as immediate family members. You will receive that explanation with COPR.

Reactions: veeraB

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Team,
I am new to this forum but found this discussion very useful. My timelines says Application received on June 20th 2019, and started processing on 11th March 2020. Sponsorship Application says Decision made and Permanent resident status says "In process". I am trying to reach Delhi Visa office via webform but they always revert with same standard reply that they will let us know when finalized. Any one who can help me on this please as I am waiting for medical and PCC / biometrics. Anyone who has some update with the same timeline. thanks in advance..

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese and other experts
For June 20 applicants, there is not much progress because of Covid-19 pandemics.

Reactions: rockwidme

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, our family is a bit confused and wanted to see what you guys think about sponsoring parents and grandparents.

My sister: Canadian Citizen, not in Canada at the moment but preparing to go back early next year, plans delayed due to Covid crisis

My sister's daughter: Canadian citizen, working in Canada.

Me: Canadian PR, plans to go to Canada delayed due to Covid.

My niece, (my sister's daughter), wanted to apply for both grandparents but cannot since her 2019 and 2018 income is slightly below threshold. She was thinking of applying for the Super Visa.

If my niece applies for the Super Visa for her grandparents, which she meets the income threshold for, it takes upto a year and the amount of paperwork seems almost the same as applying for the grandparents/parents immigration. If she applies for the super visa, will it be an issue if we end up applying for immigration visa say in 2021?

What I am also confused about is that both my parents are financially able to support themselves in Canada. Does that carry no weight in the application for immigration? Second, is there any weight in the application since I am a PR, daughter is a citizen and so are their grandchildren.

Should we just rest our case and just simply apply for a visitors visa for the time being? We are utterly confused, but we all want to be together in Canada. I would be very upset not having my parents be there with us next year in Canada.

Thanks!
Supervisa is much less paperwork than PGP. Your niece can not apply for a supervisa for her grandparents. Until you or your sister can show that you have earned the LICO amount in Canada in your latest NOA or year you won't qualify to sponsor your parents for a supervisa. Try can try for a TRV to visit Canada but Canada doesn't want parents/grandparents attempting to move to Canada with their parents which is why people only qualify around a year after they move to Canada at the earliest. Many people want to be with their parents in Canada but Canada can only absorb so many seniors with an ageing population. Parent sponsorship is not guaranteed. You will have to qualify for a spot once a family member meets LICO for the appropriate amount of years like everyone else wanting their parents to live in Canada. The finances of parents and grandparents doesn't matter since they have access to the same services once they are PRs.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
My parents have travelled to USA twice . One their first visit in 2015 they lived for 154 days and on their second visit in 2019 they lived for 148 days . Do they need PCC from U.S.A
No, they don't require PCC for USA as they never crossed 182 days on single visit.

veeraB

Dec 22, 2016
Your parents can land as immediate family members. You will receive that explanation with COPR.
Oh great! Thank you for your response. Do you think it's going to be the same for my brother? Can he land as the extended family member?

kongluke

Oct 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

Nov. 13, 2020 we received a letter asking for FBI clearances and proof of medical exam (deadline 11 February 2021).

Dec. 2, I emailed (IRCC.CPCMParentsandGrandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca) the FBI clearances. The panel physican told us he sent in the exam results that same day.

I'm checking status now, and under "Documents submitted by the client" it lists "Replacement Overdue" for the medical exam and the clearances.

I understand that covid has slowed down processing. But I don't understand if this means they're just being slow in updating status, or if they haven't received them at all. Could anyone please advise?

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
Congrats !!
Did your parents had to redo the medicals or medicals were extended ?
Noting so far. my parents did passed the medical on Jul 02, 2020