Med's Done....
June 3rd
Passport Req..
Jan 29th
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
in Canada since 2011
Same message on my cic account. My parents medical expired today as well.
What is your application received date?
Mine application received date is May 21,2019

Application received date is June 3rd

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I don't think that falls under social assistance. However, you should confirm that with corresponding department or lawyer, if required. For instance, my parents landed in Canada as a PR and I also had to do undertaking for 20 year. Given that my parents start getting the medication under Ontario Drug Trillium program (they are under 65). S asked them, if it will conflict with undertaking, while applying and they said it will not. They said that undertaking is for more o Iof social assistance programs and those program includes like housing support, living expense support etc.

Another thing, we get the health card and that is not conflicting with undertaking. Undertaking is for more of basic things. See below from IRCC website.

he undertaking is a promise to provide financial support and basic requirements for the family members you are sponsoring.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Basic requirements are:

• food
  • clothing
  • utilities
  • personal requirements
  • shelter
  • fuel
  • household supplies
But unlike Ontario Drug Trillium program, the Alberta Seniors Benefit is income assistance ($$) for basic living. Better if they contact Alberta Welfare department to see if what is cataergized as welfare and which program is not.

Alberta Seniors Benefit
Alberta Seniors Benefit provides a monthly benefit to eligible seniors with low-income to assist with living expenses.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
But unlike Ontario Drug Trillium program, the Alberta Seniors Benefit is income assistance ($$) for basic living. Better if they contact Alberta Welfare department to see if what is cataergized as welfare and which program is not.

Alberta Seniors Benefit
Alberta Seniors Benefit provides a monthly benefit to eligible seniors with low-income to assist with living expenses.
What is your opinion about Ontario Trillium Drug program. Despite, I confirmed with the people before applying, I still have a doubt somewhere back in my mind. thanks...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
What is your opinion about Ontario Trillium Drug program. Despite, I confirmed with the people before applying, I still have a doubt somewhere back in my mind. thanks...
I don't have any insight. But one of the criteria is not under Ontario Works which is their social assistance/welfare programes. Also Ontario Trillium Drug program is under household income... so that would include the sponsor as well as part of the parents' household.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I along with my wife landed in Canada under the PGP 2019 scheme.We have received PR,Health ,Sin and identity cards. Alberta registry has sent us blue cross cards along with a form to be sent to them. This is 'Seniors Financial Assistance Application' for all Alberta residents of 65 and above. If we sign and avail these facilities being given by Alberta state ,will that be violation of any clause of the agreement signed by our daughter when she sponsored us under PGP-2019. Please remove our confusion. Thanks.
I have seen two responses on this already and still looks unclear.
If the "'Seniors Financial Assistance Application" is related to the Blue Cross Cards, they should not be a part of social assistance. In that case, you may apply for financial assistance for the drug coverage without violating sponsorship agreement.

Nuevo

Dec 12, 2020
Hi
Is anybody having any idea about the critetria CIC is using to extend medical expiry date or requesting the medicals again?

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Just wanted to update that I have received the CoPR in myCIC account as well. Here's the timeline (Address Confirmation to CoPR):

Oct 17: Client information Requested via email to check current residential address. We provided the information on same day.
Oct 24: MyCIC Application updated with message that additional information received. Review started.
Oct 26 (morning): ECAS Status: Decision Made for PA. MyCIC Status: Submitted
Oct 26 (evening): ECAS Status: "Complete" and line added for landed in Etobicoke. MyCIC Status: "Approved" and Document Status section added with CoPR information (but no document)
Oct 27: CoPR document received via E-mail
Nov 02: CoPR document available for download on MyCIC too.
Hi, Have you received the PR card? thanks...

Heliz

Dec 23, 2020
Hi everyone, happy holiday season! I’m a May 15 applicant. My parents have done medicals in Oct 2019 and submitted all subsequent documents(PCC, bio, etc). I see that some May applicants have received second medical requests, but there’s been zero update on mine. I’m wondering if other May 15th applicants are experiencing the same thing?

weekday2

Star Member
Dec 18, 2019
VFS Delhi: Should Dependent (Mother) fill courier/consent forms separately or just Applicant (Father) should fill both forms?