+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dm31810

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hi, my dad is a June 25 2019 applicant. I'm wondering if anyone has an idea how far in are applications for this time frame? After getting a request for biometrics in February 2020 we have not heard news from CIC. Thanks!
My parents are also June 15 applicants and their AOR is Sep-10-2020
No news after that :(

roshan02

Dec 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
24-08-2012
AOR Received.
12-01-2013
Med's Request
25-04-2013
Med's Done....
25-05-2014
Passport Req..
09-10-2013

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
just FYI guys....

PA status in ECAS changed to "in-progress" from "decision made" after "redo" medical request was sent by IRCC.
ALSO
we have to upload the medical forms when it is done, directly via online account so do not miss that part.
may I know what kind of form is that? my parents did re-medical yesterday and as last year, they basically don't provide to individuals with any results... they said they send medical results to processing centre directly.

May 10, 2020
T
I have seen two responses on this already and still looks unclear.
If the "'Seniors Financial Assistance Application" is related to the Blue Cross Cards, they should not be a part of social assistance. In that case, you may apply for financial assistance for the drug coverage without violating sponsorship agreement.
Thanks for your help. I will contact the ircc and concerned authorities in Alberta.

hans1986

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
may I know what kind of form is that? my parents did re-medical yesterday and as last year, they basically don't provide to individuals with any results... they said they send medical results to processing centre directly.
  • Depending on whether the Panel Physician submits the medical files to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on paper or electronically (eMedical), the applicant will receive a proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician:
    • Either the first page of the IMM 1017B-Upfront (“copy to client”); or
    • A print out from eMedical entitled “Up-front medical notification”.
Applicants must attach this proof of upfront medical examination to their application prior to submitting it to the selected visa office.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/issuing-instructions-medical-examinations.html

Note: Panel Physicians have the IMM 1017B – Upfront forms in their office. They should contact their regional medical office for restocking.

Last edited:

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
  • Depending on whether the Panel Physician submits the medical files to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada on paper or electronically (eMedical), the applicant will receive a proof of completion of the upfront medical examination from the Panel Physician:
    • Either the first page of the IMM 1017B-Upfront (“copy to client”); or
    • A print out from eMedical entitled “Up-front medical notification”.
Applicants must attach this proof of upfront medical examination to their application prior to submitting it to the selected visa office.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/issuing-instructions-medical-examinations.html

Note: Panel Physicians have the IMM 1017B – Upfront forms in their office. They should contact their regional medical office for restocking.
sorry. I am still a bit confused. in my cic, I got IMM1017_1-L5A46J3%20(1).pdf.. for my parents to bring to the physician. then after they did medical yesterday, the physician gave them some receipt forms (eMedical - information sheet) but not showing medical result. physical said she will submit to ircc. I don't think the information sheet is the document I should submit in my cic... then what else I should submit? we have nothing to upload right now @_@. please advise ...thanks much

hans1986

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
sorry. I am still a bit confused. in my cic, I got IMM1017_1-L5A46J3%20(1).pdf.. for my parents to bring to the physician. then after they did medical yesterday, the physician gave them some receipt forms (eMedical - information sheet) but not showing medical result. physical said she will submit to ircc. I don't think the information sheet is the document I should submit in my cic... then what else I should submit? we have nothing to upload right now @_@. please advise ...thanks much

Physician will not provide results to you directly, they send to the IRCC. They just provide a kind of receipt or proof (like emedical) . That is what you have to upload. If you see the option to upload your documents in GCKEY or if IRCC ask you to do it then do it otherwise not.

In your case, you got eMedical-information sheet and thats the proof of your parents Medical test done not the results, Results will be provided directly to IRCC by your physician. I hope it is clear to you now.

When to send your medical exam results
Whether you took an upfront exam or not, the doctor will send us the results.

Keep a copy of any document or print out given to you by the panel physician as proof of your immigration medical exam.

If you took an upfront medical exam
You must include a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form that the doctor gave you after your exam. If the doctor works with eMedical, they’ll give you an information sheet print out.

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

prominjj

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
Physician will not provide results to you directly, they send to the IRCC. They just provide a kind of receipt or proof (like emedical) . That is what you have to upload. If you see the option to upload your documents in GCKEY or if IRCC ask you to do it then do it otherwise not.

In your case, you got eMedical-information sheet and thats the proof of your parents Medical test done not the results, Results will be provided directly to IRCC by your physician. I hope it is clear to you now.

When to send your medical exam results
Whether you took an upfront exam or not, the doctor will send us the results.

Keep a copy of any document or print out given to you by the panel physician as proof of your immigration medical exam.

If you took an upfront medical exam
You must include a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form that the doctor gave you after your exam. If the doctor works with eMedical, they’ll give you an information sheet print out.
it's clear to me now. thanks very much for patiently explaining this to me. I will have my parents' emedical information sheet scanned and upload to my cic. thanks again! all the best and Merry Christmas.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
You are not suppose to do any thing, physician will submit the reports. In case if you don't see the results uploaded in gckey / cic account in the next 2 weeks time then you should approach the physician and ask for submission details.

Reactions: Rhill
Dec 26, 2020
Hi all. Do your PPR requests include a date by which your parents / grandparents must land in Canada? I received the PPR for my mother on Dec 24th. The letter states:

"This is in regards to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are ready to issue your visa. We would like you to confirm that you will be able to travel within the validity of your visa."

It goes on to state that they must land in Canada by March 25th (and oddly on the 2nd page it states their PR visa will expire before that on March 21st). They completed their medicals in March 2020, there has been no request to re-do them. I assume the close date to land is due to the medicals expiring in March 2021

Travelling at the height of the pandemic is not ideal given their age. Does anyone know if there is an option to confirm otherwise, and ask for an extension? With the vaccine just rolling out, if we can push their landing date out a bit, we would feel a little better - but I don't know if this is an option.

Last edited:

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
sharing experience:
if your parents and/or dependents are not in the same country, you are in for a treat! in my case, dep was in canada and parents in home country. i have tried and pursued every way in the book to send dep's passport to ottawa and send parent's passports to ankara, well, it is not doable.
if I knew, i would have gotten my parents in canada with their supervisa before passport request. That way, they all would have sent passport to ottawa.
long story short, if parents and deps are not in the same country, please know you need to find a way to get all the passports to your VO together. food for thought :)
best of luck

Reactions: Verooney

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
sharing experience:
if your parents and/or dependents are not in the same country, you are in for a treat! in my case, dep was in canada and parents in home country. i have tried and pursued every way in the book to send dep's passport to ottawa and send parent's passports to ankara, well, it is not doable.
if I knew, i would have gotten my parents in canada with their supervisa before passport request. That way, they all would have sent passport to ottawa.
long story short, if parents and deps are not in the same country, please know you need to find a way to get all the passports to your VO together. food for thought :)
best of luck

in my case dependent is in home country and primary applicant in Canada.
If was thinking to send primary applicant's passport to Ottawa first. Is it not doable?
What did CIC say?

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
If was thinking to send primary applicant's passport to Ottawa first. Is it not doable?
What did CIC say?
For us, it was not doable, CIC referred us to VO, I emailed VO 3 times, they sent me templates as response repeating all passports need to be sent together. so as per my experience, it was not doable.

Reactions: geol

geol

Dec 18, 2014
What did CIC say?
No, you should not try. Get principal applicant and dependant at one place and then send the passports together.

Reactions: soroush

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
For us, it was not doable, CIC referred us to VO, I emailed VO 3 times, they sent me templates as response repeating all passports need to be sent together. so as per my experience, it was not doable.
Did you follow this thread?
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sending-spouse-and-my-passport-for-ppr-in-different-countries.532161/

As per this, it's doable. People have done in the past. Principal applicant and dependents can be in different countries as per the above thread. I am not sure if it's possible now due to covid.

When did you email CIC?

Thanks,