+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No - all it means is that the relevant officer has started reviewing the application.
I remember someone mentioned that they received a request for missing docs or signature before the status turned to "in-process". Have you seen or be aware of anyone whose application is in process and accepted but later requested to submit docs?

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
I agree with you. The officers here are nice and understandable my fear is the airline. It's a vbm flight. They will create issues.
My mom’s flight with Turkish airlines and she said they were giving troubles to everybody while people were boarding.
At first, they didn’t see that she had an immigration visa and kept asking about my canadian passport, then she pointed out that she is an immigrant and has a immigration visa they all became nice and said okay, go ahead.

Last edited:

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Ya that's why I have decided to just go for it. As Gonna loose money either way. Even cancel this fligh and rebook another doesnt make sense
In the giant scheme of things, this is not a factor of money (though I fully understand it may be for few people) or the fact that your brother may have to return to India. These logistics can be dealt with...

The real risk here from a long term immigration / visa / entry-exit future visas (e.g. US etc.) standpoint is "inadmissibility". For any future applications you brother will have to declare that he was denied entry...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility.html

Last edited:

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
No comment.
It's 100% political. They prioritize bringing in the working class over those who will not contribute to the economy (our parents).
I have both applications going side by side, Parent sponsorship 2019, and Outland Spousal Sponsorship 2019, and I welcome the prioritization, as Parents can get SuperVisa (currently my parents have that) or Visitor Visa very easily, whereas I tried to get a Visitor visa for my spouse twice and gets rejected each time in less than 24 hrs(2nd application).

Maybe it is a political move, but look at the twitter page for IRCC, you will understand that how the pressure was mounting from all spouses who applied for outland spousal applications and waiting for their partners from 1-2 years.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
In the giant scheme of things, this is not a factor of money (though I fully understand it may be for few people) or the fact that your brother may have to return to India. These logistics can be dealt with...

The real risk here from a long term immigration / visa / entry-exit future visas (e.g. US etc.) standpoint is "inadmissibility". For any future applications you brother will have to declare that he was denied entry...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/inadmissibility.html

What does this mean

I read this on Canada in India (High commission of Canada) Facebook page

Family Reunification (Foreign national traveling to join a temporary resident in Canada)
Foreign nationals who have an immediate family member already residing in Canada as a worker, visitor, student or protected person are exempt from the travel restrictions. An adult child of a person residing in Canada may be eligible under this exemption. This is because, while the child is not an immediate family member of the parent under the definition above, the parent is an immediate family member of the child. The objective of this exemption is to facilitate reuniting immediate family members who have been separated as a result of these travel restrictions.
Please find more information in the following link to assist you regarding if you are exempt from the travel restrictions: Travel Restriction Measures

Zaamil

Star Member
Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2012
File Transfer...
Mar-2012
Med's Request
+RePCC+ReForms Aug-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-2013 RePCC+ReForms submit Oct 2013
Passport Req..
PPR 1 13th Jun 2014 and PPR 2 25 Jun 2014
VISA ISSUED...
You Wish!
LANDED..........
La La Land!
Can someone who already received the COPR in email and whose parents are already in Canada confirm what are the photo specifications to apply for PR card. Is it the same as the one for citizenship/trv/PR application?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Pls update I got a ghost update. But when I check Mycic does not show anything just update. When I checked service3.gc.ca it says decision made for both Sponsorship and Pr. Getting closer to final step I guess.
Timeline
June 10,2019
Approved Feb13,2020
Medical passed Mar 11,2020
File is with Singapore.
Update
A few minutes later I got pre-Arrival letter
One months since DM2. No PPR yet. Keep waiting.

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
PGP application for my mother was received by CIC on 2nd May 2019 (she was in Canada on a Supervisa since 2017), later she went to Australia as a visitor where she did her Biometrics. Sponsors eligibility was also passed. Processing on the application started in January 2020 by London Office. Today I have received an email from London Office asking for imm5562, imm5669 and the PCC from the countries she has lived in last 10 years.
I was expecting a request for Medicals as well but no mention of Medicals. My mom is still in Australia and we are thinking to eventually bring to Canada on a PR visa (whenever she gets it)
Anyone can suggest what stage the case is? Are background checks/verifications done already? What to expect next?
I deeply appreciate any one sharing his/her views or valuable suggestions in my case.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Ya that's why I have decided to just go for it. As Gonna loose money either way. Even cancel this fligh and rebook another doesnt make sense
I suggested you earlier also, take the printout of all documents handy at the airport. For your brother this one is important-
"Dependant-A spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a permanent resident or principal applicant."
Document no. 1- your status copy ( pr card or citizenship copy)
Document no. 2- your Birth certificate showing your parents name and in case passport copy also if it shows your parents name
Document no 3- "who is immediate family member sheet"
Document no 4- Dependant child description copy ( as above)
The above document clearly mention dependant child of principal applicant. This part should be highlighted( use the highlighter).
At the airport it all depends how confident you are and all the documents should be handy.
We have already travelled on 20th September, even before asking him I took out the papers and handed to the person for check, he just overlooked and handed back to me and said- please move. In case if the person at the airport ask, your parents should explain. 99.9% I am bit sure they will not stop.
In Canada the immigration staff is very cooperative.
Moreover your Father must be Primary Applicant and mother & brother will be part of the application. They all have to do together.

Last edited:

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
My parents Gic account, under background check shows:"we are processing your background check" now my question is : if this status was the same from beginning or this shows there is some progress.
We are still waiting for DM1 but I submitted PCC back in March before my parents come to Canada as a visitor.
Thanks

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi
My parents Gic account, under background check shows:"we are processing your background check" now my question is : if this status was the same from beginning or this shows there is some progress.
We are still waiting for DM1 but I submitted PCC back in March before my parents come to Canada as a visitor.
Thanks
Will be always same since its in process. My in process since Feb. and still same now even DM2 made.

Parminder Gill

Star Member
Dec 6, 2019
Hi
I applied for my parents when they were in canada. But after AOR my parents file was transferred to New Delhi.
So now on IRCC websit says that people who have applied PR inside canada will receive biometrics calls. So wondering my parents application would be considered inside or outside canada.
Thanks

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hi
I applied for my parents when they were in canada. But after AOR my parents file was transferred to New Delhi.
So now on IRCC websit says that people who have applied PR inside canada will receive biometrics calls. So wondering my parents application would be considered inside or outside canada.
Thanks
Have you updated address?