+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Masontoo

Sep 12, 2016
In exactly the same boat. Medical taken January 8th and passed January 15th. Still awaiting DM for PA which I believe we were probably on the verge of being given. We just have to be patient, frustrating as it is. Canada (and everywhere) has other concerns at the moment, thanks to Covid-19 :(
Same with me too. Have patience let this thing pass. Anyhow even if they do it I will not let my parents travel in this Covid era.

Reactions: Leonora7

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hi folks,

My parents passed the medical exam in January 2020 (Sponsorship 2019 - Parents), but the status is still "we're processing it".
I wonder if this is a common experience these days due to COVID-19 or should I poke around with CIC to ask what takes it so long?

Here's the status description in the Application Details:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Latest update:
Review of medical results - January 2, 2020:You passed the medical exam.
Same status here, awaiting next steps after medical. I hope they give everyone a blanket extension on their medical expiry dates as processing has been delayed due to COVID19.

Reactions: abcxyz

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
I called CBSA just to make sure my parents and brother (20)will be allowed to board the plane as copr are issued on July 2nd

I was told they wouldn't be. As they have copr and not visitor visa. Currently due to the pandemic under family reunification immediate faimly members ate allowed to come if they are visiting.

Nothing for Copr stamped after march 18.

Also if they will even allow my parents to come as immediate family member but my brother will still be left out as he is not my immediate family

• Wow
Reactions: kulb

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I called CBSA just to make sure my parents and brother (20)will be allowed to board the plane as copr are issued on July 2nd

I was told they wouldn't be. As they have copr and not visitor visa. Currently due to the pandemic under family reunification immediate faimly members ate allowed to come if they are visiting.

Nothing for Copr stamped after march 18.

Also if they will even allow my parents to come as immediate family member but my brother will still be left out as he is not my immediate family
So parents are allowed to visit temporarily, but not move permanently?

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Please help----
My parents are living with me on super visa. Their VO is CPC-M and ecase status for PR is still In process. They passed medicals in November 2019 and only my mother was requested RCMP fingerprinting which was done in Feb 2020. Now my dads UCI shows my Canadian address which is correct since that's what we had put in both their applications, however, using my moms UCI it shows the address as Bangladesh.
Problem 1- Would this be an issue and the reason why they are potentially not getting their automatic landing? Do I need to make sure my moms UCI shows current address as our Canada address? If so, how?
Problem 2- Both their passports and their super visa expires in March 2021, would it be advisable to renew their passports now or wait?
Please please help and advise what to do!!
@robertp @bdidol @canuck78

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Please help----
My parents are living with me on super visa. Their VO is CPC-M and ecase status for PR is still In process. They passed medicals in November 2019 and only my mother was requested RCMP fingerprinting which was done in Feb 2020. Now my dads UCI shows my Canadian address which is correct since that's what we had put in both their applications, however, using my moms UCI it shows the address as Bangladesh.
Problem 1- Would this be an issue and the reason why they are potentially not getting their automatic landing? Do I need to make sure my moms UCI shows current address as our Canada address? If so, how?
Problem 2- Both their passports and their super visa expires in March 2021, would it be advisable to renew their passports now or wait?
Please please help and advise what to do!!
@robertp @bdidol @canuck78
Where can I see the address that is linked to UCI?
Where did you check that?

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Any update from CPC-M?

From the looks of how things are going and opening of schools, covid cases would most likely go up.
I have no hopes left from CPC-M this year! They are not even working on spousal apps, so the priority of parents would be even far down in their list.