+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents files 1 year without any movement, that's too much.
Posted processing times were 12-24 months. Getting PR for your parents with access to things like healthcare is an amazing benefit no matter how long you have to wait. Most other countries don’t allow this.

Reactions: RAY2112

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's over simplifying the situation a bit. Federal departments and agencies have to follow both federal and provincial guidelines on reopening office spaces. This means reduced capacity in offices and allowing some to work from home etc. Let's say for the sake of argument that the government offices are fully reopened and COVID does spread among federal departments and agencies, the shutdown would be even longer and interruption to services Canadians rely on will have a significant impact. From the business continuation point of view, it's critical to have a functioning government during crises and federal employees are the essential part of it. That's the reason why federal departments are operating on a cautious approach. It's difficult to make everyone happy and that's just part of running the government, I guess.
Agree. Adults also tend to get quite more I’ll than children. Just retrofitting large government offices would have taken quite a lot of time. Offices would have been mainly cubicles with communal copiers, eating area, etc. The bathrooms would need to be addressed as well. Employees were redeployed to different areas especially at the beginning of the of covid. They may be redeployed again to deal with more urgent immigration files to tackle some backlogs. That’s just a possibility not sure that it is true.

Many school boards are making significant alterations.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please update my status. Mother took medical before COVID last March 12 but medical was reviewed/passed only last May 29. For now. didn't have any update after that. Hopefully after, all applications will start rolling again and will see approved decisions soon.
Likely still a while to go but you can order GCMS notes.

Mississauga-Applicant

Jun 17, 2019
Your friend might want to check with CIC and CBSA on "Family Reunification" and send them this link with the inquiry.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification

According to the information on that link, it is possible for the "immediate family members" of Canadian PR or citizen to be reunited. So, I'd inquire about that first. If CIC says that they could be exempt from the travel restrictions, I would use that email and send it to the airlines. That will resolve the issues.
Wondering if they didn’t allow boarding the flight because those are special repatriation flights for people who are stuck and the visa that was being used for travel is a tourist visa. It might be an airline thing and nothing to do with Canadian travel eligibility. Just a thought.

Reactions: yaros

bluebird0479

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012

SoontobeCanadian123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Hello all,
I received PPR today for mils application.
Application was received on May 5th
AOR received from London Visa Office on October 18th
Additional documents, PCC was requested Feb 10
Medical was passed February 27
PPR received on Aug 13

Our address on the file was Canada as she was with us when we submitted her application but the paper asks to submit passports to High Commission Islamabad in case applicant is not in Canada anymore.

Hope it helps :)
Great news. Did your status changed to DM for PA?

svora

Jan 9, 2015
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese Can you please update with the below information:

• Line # in the tracker: 636
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Indian
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: 24th Apr 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: 12th Jun 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): 11th Oct 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision Made
  • Ecas Status for PR Application: Application Received
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request: 15th Jan 2020