lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hi everyone!
My application status on the CIC web site is following:
1. June 13, 2019 - PGP app received
2. January 29, 2020 - medical exam instructions received
3. Medical results have been received.

In fact it was one more request from CIC on Jan 31, 2020 for Biometrics, Police Certificate, CV/Resume & IMM5562.

We submitted everything, now waiting..... Our app processed at CPC-Mississauga.
Does anyone know what if our medical results expire/nearly expire by the time decision made. Will the expiry date be extended due to COVID?

Reactions: caninfoseeker

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Visitors need medical insurance. Permanent Residents do not come with medical insurance. This is not as ridiculous as you make it out to be. Remember, PGP is a privilege. It is not a right.

Lol I believe you need to remind yourself I didn't call pgp program itself to be ridiculous. I was talking about how they are allowing people to enter the country who has a visit visa rather than far better copr itself.

I very well understand copr is a lot better than visitor visa. that's why my parents have COPR lol.

Next time do not jump the gun please. Lol

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Hi,

Just wondering, If the COPR is issued on 18 March or before 18 March, still the parents need a visitor/supervisa to land here.
Or
This statement is applicable to parents who received COPR after March 18.
Thank you in advance..

Copr issued on or before 18th marchare okay to travel and do not need any other visa

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I called CBSA just to make sure my parents and brother (20)will be allowed to board the plane as copr are issued on July 2nd

I was told they wouldn't be. As they have copr and not visitor visa. Currently due to the pandemic under family reunification immediate faimly members ate allowed to come if they are visiting.

Nothing for Copr stamped after march 18.

Also if they will even allow my parents to come as immediate family member but my brother will still be left out as he is not my immediate family
Sorry to hear about this situation...

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

yaros

Star Member
Jan 19, 2016
Please help----
My parents are living with me on super visa. Their VO is CPC-M and ecase status for PR is still In process. They passed medicals in November 2019 and only my mother was requested RCMP fingerprinting which was done in Feb 2020. Now my dads UCI shows my Canadian address which is correct since that's what we had put in both their applications, however, using my moms UCI it shows the address as Bangladesh.
Problem 1- Would this be an issue and the reason why they are potentially not getting their automatic landing? Do I need to make sure my moms UCI shows current address as our Canada address? If so, how?
Problem 2- Both their passports and their super visa expires in March 2021, would it be advisable to renew their passports now or wait?
Please please help and advise what to do!!
@robertp @bdidol @canuck78

Regarding Passport problem # 2 I had to renew my Dad's passport in February this year and his passport expired this July. So that's about 5 months before they asked me to renew my dad's passport.

I'd suggest since things are going very slow it's better to have their passport renewed sooner than later. Also who knows what the situation will be in few months when government offices might be closed for who knows how long.
Once you get new passports just submit a copy of that to CIC

getcanadavisa

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2014
Dear Members,
There is not movement in my Parents PR file since some time in March 2020.
Is it wise to bring my parents in Canada using their existing Super visa and finish remaining of the process here.
Will bringing them here on super visa will have any impact on existing processing PR.
Please let me know if it is a bad idea.

Thanks

Reactions: ELH

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Regarding Passport problem # 2 I had to renew my Dad's passport in February this year and his passport expired this July. So that's about 5 months before they asked me to renew my dad's passport.

I'd suggest since things are going very slow it's better to have their passport renewed sooner than later. Also who knows what the situation will be in few months when government offices might be closed for who knows how long.
Once you get new passports just submit a copy of that to CIC
Thanks for the advise. Did CIC reach out to you asking to renew your dads passport?
Also, how do you submit copies of new passport to them?